Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

$6.50/gal for 93 today. The future sucks.

Converted to US units, gas is $10.50/gal here in Finland. The future is here already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

I'm also guessing a lot of the reason Lexus/Infiniti sell so poorly/don't sell in Europe is good, old-fashioned, racism.

750 million people are racist against a brand not even sold here? Also why would you spoiler that lol

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

It's a GM it'll have to be the Corvette Mach-SS
Or Mach ZL-1 or some poo poo.

Speaking of ev poo poo, I can't be the only one that would think its sweet if manufacturers started releasing Electric cars in old body styles am I?
I don't mean retro looking poo poo, but actual OLD bodies. I know it'll never happen, probably because of crash safety reasons, but I think it'd be dope as gently caress to buy brand new Fox body Electric Mustang or some poo poo. A Four eyed Fox with T-Tops :getin: Its not like they'd have to worry too much about aerodynamics to help with fuel efficiency.

EVs seem to make an even bigger deal over aerodynamics in order to maximize range. Flush door handles and black plastic bits over the wheel rims etc. Retro inspired can be cool if done well, the upcoming Renault 5 EV is something I could see myself driving in a few years:

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Whats the provenance of the wheels styling on that Vision 74? The only thing I remember looking them is RC car wheels in the 80s or 90s but I assume there's some motorsport relevance or something.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/turbofan-wheel-history-design-photos-details/

quote:

Typically, an early racing turbofan wheel was little more than a flat, round plate backed with vanes, bolted to the outside of the car's wheel. The idea was that the flat outer surface produced less aerodynamic drag, while the vanes inside the wheel would still distribute ample cooling air over the brakes.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

The hazard lights are for emergencies, not parking. You can't just park illegally and put on the hazard lights to make it ok.

Lots of people use them as "I can park anywhere" lights, though. Especially delivery drivers.

The latest fad with delivery drivers here is to have your hazards on, crawling along at half the speed limit while staring at your phone.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Those insurance rates sound insane. I pay €25 a month for insurance that covers every situation except damage to my own car caused by myself. I even get free towing if need be.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

morothar posted:

My first thought was that this looks weirdly French; very Renault or Peugeot on the front. My second thought after reading the article was: ah, it’s a reskinned Peugeot?
Like the rear though.

If you squint, you could mistake it for a Citroen I guess. But that car has literally zero design elements from a Peugeot or a Renault. Mostly it looks like a generic Chinese EV with retro tail lights.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Looks very similar to an Opel Astra.

Porsche did well with the Taycan in my opinion:

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

The single biggest failure mode for the 159 is terminal rust in the sill area and front subframe. I think it might be the only car in the last 15 years to be rated one star in rust protection by swedish Vi Bilägaren.

I do wish Alfa/Stellantis somehow managed to come up with a new sport wagon.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I wouldnt wish one of those on my worst enemy

Why not?

I've yet to hear anyone say a bad word about them where I live, not even the ones that have had the multiair unit poo poo itself to the tune of 3k€.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's the worst kind of grip pig. Anyone saying it handles well doesn't know what the gently caress they are talking about (grip != handing) it has utterly no throttle balance and huge terminal understeer. gently caress any "journalist" that insists it's some sort of magic handler because straight out bullshit. Let alone the godawful build quaility and the hugely inept suspension control on a less than perfect road, it's just pure dogshit and I have never hurled the fob back for any car as fast as I did for that one.

If oyu want a SUV get anything else. If you want a SUV that may have some actual pretensions to sporty, an earlier Cayenne actually is startlingly good.

A sportwagon is mainly what I'm after, but the Stelvio has been a candidate because the local Alfa nuts always rave about it and the Giorgio platform. Haven't driven one yet, but it's interesting to have differing opinions to compare to, when I eventually do. I almost never take a daily driver to it's limits, so for me it's more about the car being fun, special and not tiresome to drive rather than all-out performance and handling. (also needs a useful boot for work related stuff)

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Best looking EV to date and the first one to have any character. I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Isn't this more due to protectionist policies than anything Honda is or is not doing?

Every other car here in Finland is a Corolla wagon, so Honda must be doing something wrong. Maybe people just got tired of endless rust issues.