Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Keyser_Soze posted:

the C8 Corvette interior is so annoying with the dumb "WALL" how are you supposed to get freaky in that thing?

Everyone who drives a Corvette has SUCH A SMALL DONG that they can't even do anything with it, assuming they're NOT TOO OLD to even get it up to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Twerk from Home posted:

Whoever said that every manufacturer should collaborate to make one single global 2.0T 4-cyl was right.

They probably don't want it made by chrysler, or whoever owns them this week.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pissing off people is probably part of the marketing, helps generate buzz for it one way or another.

FTFY

I feel like thats probably what happened with the cyber truck and the window shattering.
If the window hadn't broken nobody would have noticed, but the window broke and no publicity is bad publicity......

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Just wait and you'll see Ferrari trying to void warranties and try and take them from their owners the moment they see that one is parked in a gravel parking lot or god forbid being driven on a dirt road or some poo poo..

"well you see you don't *really* own your ferrari, you just pay for the privilege of exclusive use, and since that exclusive use doesn't include going off pavement, we're going to have to either completely void any and all warranties on our vehicle, or we reserve the right to repossess it".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

PBCrunch posted:

They really should use an agricultural product that is more uniform in size, like Haas avocados.

OK MILLENIAL

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Keen to see an Ami parked on the lot next to a RAM TRX.

Fun fact you could charge an Ami 17 times off an F150 Lightning.

I look forward to seeing someone towing an f150 lightning behind an Ami and talking about the f150 as their "range extender".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'd kinda driven standard in a few parking lots but never got past 2nd gear I think.
Then I got a job at a GM dealer and they had a few sunfires with manuals on the lot, and also the occasional customer car. One of which I stalled about 15 times trying to get up a really small incline.

After that I asked my boss to borrow something "from the back" (read: a total pile of poo poo that happened to be manual) My dad drove it home and I drove his car. He spent about an hour teaching me and then was all like "go nuts boy". So I was driving it at night and doing good, then someone came roaring up behind me and started flashing their lights. Turns out I had no tail lights. Someone had jacked all the bulbs out of it.
I pull in to work the next day and a guy was all like "what the gently caress you driving that for> I took all the bulbs out of the back of that thing, there ain't no tail lights".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

That big Infinity SUV is pretty fuckin ugly imho.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

GoutPatrol posted:

When I bought my car 3 years ago, I made the choice to buy a new $22,000 car rather than take that 22K and be a down payment on something much nicer. I think many people would make the opposite.

Jesus christ. There would be so many fuckin people NOT in debt*** if they just did this.

***Yes, I know there are poo poo loads of people in debt because the system is poo poo, and not from dumb financial decisions.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

^^^^

Yeah, I thought I'd heard a while back that the 6 was being discontinued.

Too bad, as for reasons unknown I seem to have this weird thing (boner) for inline 6es. Would probably consider buying one when my Corolla finally dies, in like 300 years or so. If they come with a Manual transmission.

Also, that Chinese Chevy Orlando doesn't look awful. Would probably never buy one if they startd selling them in Canada, but they don't look bad.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 21, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

FBS posted:

I've started seeing Mavericks out in the wild and boy that is a really appealing package in person. I hope the inevitable Ford new-model fuckups are relatively minor and they can build as many of them as they need to.

As much as I like my Tacoma and would (probably) never give it up,. I really hope the Maverick is a roaring success.

Have to admit I'm not a fan of the looks of the santa cruz, though again I'm behind the idea of it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

PBCrunch posted:

On the Mazda chat. So Mazda has to be strategic because it isn't high volume after severing ties with Ford. And Subaru is getting ever more boring and terrible after its partnership with Toyota.

Could it be great if Mazda and Subaru joined forces? Maybe the BRZ and the Miata could be platform mates, both powered by boxer fours. The Miata could remain a roadster and the BRZ would continue as a wink-wink "four-seat" coupe. But maybe the insanity of Mazda would rub off on Subaru and we could get a turbo version of one of them. Mazda could teach Subaru about style and and remind Subaru's engineers what it was like to try crazy poo poo back in the 80s and 90s. Maybe Mazda could learn a lesson about corrosion prevention.
Rotary powered Subaru Impreza WRX7

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I for one hope that it will be on a bit of an angle. A slant if you will.

yes I know it won't be a "real" slant 6 you fuckin weirdos

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Sab669 posted:

There are in Canada, from what I've read online recently.

Yeah, our freedoms here in canuck-ville are pretty craptastic.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Neo_Crimson posted:

They should make a flat 7 boxer engine imo

EDIT: and a V9.

W 13 would be fuckin sweet too.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'm not sure who did find more annoying.
People who, to use Honda and Acura as an example, are all like "it's an ACURA, even if it's called a Honda (something) everywhere else", or people who are so hoity toity because "bro it's just a slightly fancier Honda that they call Acura so they can charge more something something corporate overlords etcc.. "

E: not talking poo poo about you head bee guy just posting some poo poo that your post reminded me of.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Oink oink!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Paint it pink, put a curly tail in the back, attached to the trailer hitch, then cover with mud and poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

morothar posted:

That’s the worst bit. Because those Cherokees were ugly as gently caress

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

what a tacky model name lmao

Supra GERMAN!!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I think the 2.4l in my '09 Corolla, which I think was also used in the Camry and maybe some other stuff too was known as a bit of an oil burner.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Yeah, they love their Buicks.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

If you're not driving at least a cat 797 to work, and to little Ehdyn and Lehkynnn's dance recitals and soccer games then you obviously just don't give a poo poo about the safety of your family.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Residency Evil posted:

Was it international that came out with a “consumer” version of a truck like 10-15 years ago? And we all laughed at how ridiculous it was?

I think it was a little bit longer ago than that, but yeah. 99% certain it was International.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Time to add my own poo poo to that fastest I've gone chat so I can feel like one of the cool kids.

When I was in highschool, my brother driving the parent's 1990 Mercury topaz with 3 speed auto. Just under 200kmh as indicated by the speedometer. Don't know how accurate that might have been as those things were piles of poo poo.

In my old 97 Mazda Protege w/1.8l engine and 5mt, cruise control stopped working at about 180ish and speed limiter stopped me at 190 kmh.

It was still pulling at 190 before the limiter kicked in and I figure I probably could have broke 200 with it, and still had room to spare on the tachometer before redline.
I figured it out one time mathematically and if I could have gone all the way past redline (7000) and hit the rev limiter in 5th gear (~7400rpm) I could have gone somewhere between 210-220.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Drop it from a plane?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Henry Ford built the quadricycle in like 1896, are you guys sure this thing is worse than that? Sure being a Mitsubishi, it's probably less reliable, but I bet it's easier to find parts for it. And it might have a heater and ac. That's got to be a bit better right?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Wheeee posted:

luckily an aftermarket lsd won’t cost anywhere near 10k

I was thinking the same thing.

Also was thinking, how much would it cost to just go to the dealer before delivery and ask them to install an LSD in place of the open diff.
Like, just order the part number for the one with the 10,000$ upgrade, plus associated bits, and install that poo poo.
Probably also less than 10k.

Though really an aftermarket one would probably be better.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Wheeee posted:

look if you can afford a $40k car you can afford a $50k car

For the paltry sum of 350 dollars a month for ONLY the next 124 months!!

Plus taxes, license, registration, DMA, window etching, fabric protection and undercoating.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Looks like it could be a 2022 Toyota previa.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Even a Yugo can manage the American lifestyle of sitting in gridlock for two hours per day.

Yeah but does it have cupholders big enough for supermega gulps from 711?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Sab669 posted:

I always wondered why abso-loving-lutely no one ever talks about the X2M35i

Name is too complicated.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'm sure it s only a matter of time before capillary action causes coolant to show up inside the camera lense.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

The electric torque would also be available all the time too right? Like from 0 rpm right to redline max torque from it the whole time if I'm not mistaken.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Russian Bear posted:

They are good because the only thing that people hate more than a sedan, is a hatch back (in the US). So if someone buys one because it looks like a sedan but has a little more practicality, it’s good.

So if you start calling the bmw x whatever the gently caress a, and Mercedes whatever hatchbacks, do you think the owners will get mad?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Misread model name as ‘Applesauce’.

Disappointed when realized mistake

I saw it as "Appliance".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bro I stuck a fuckin piano in the trunk of my Corolla and it weren't no thang just fold down the back seats and the passenger seat.

I was banging out Fur Elise and some sick Ray Charles tunes at stop lights.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Yeah seriously, in 2008 did Americans even need a job to get a 400,000$ mortgage plus another loan for a bro-dozer for Cody and a Land Rover for Destiny?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You know Ford doesn’t make the batteries right?

True, but they do buy them and put them in Ford products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yes, you’ve correctly identified the relationship between supplier and manufacturer.

I guess I get a gold star!! I was trying to back up pb crunch's point about the perceived long term durability of the batteries.
My point was that if these batteries turn out to be lovely, regardless of whether they are made by Ford or an outside company it will look bad on Ford.

Same with say the 6 litre international