Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't quite get this.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43963/2023-cadillac-escalade-v-series-this-is-it

I always saw the Escalade as the SUV to be driven around in, not to drive yourself but I guess it will appeal to somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I took a long look at the Escalade, Grand Wagoner and Navigator before I decided to drop down a segment and get the SRT Durango. I always felt the experience was better in the passenger seat or back seat then up front when I was in one of the full sized luxury SUVs.

That said if I ever decide to move up to the full size lux SUV I'll get the Grand Wagoner. That thing was nice.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 21, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

A tonneau cover for a work pickup is great. I had a soft rollup one on my '05 Dakota when I was flipping houses in the mid aughts.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Kunabomber posted:

:w00t:

It only took 4 months!

Ford is way better at this then Stellantis. I had to bug my dealer for updates.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Where do you even put the front license plate on this thing?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So what does "Ferrari derived engine" mean, really when it comes to AlfaRomeo? The blocks forged in the same factory in Italy or something?

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 3, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I've driven a few Alfas and Fiats over the years during trips to Italy to see family. Never had a bad experience with one and they were fun to drive but I didn't have to live with it either.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 3, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So buy a 90k sports sedan with a kinda sorta Ferrari engine, just needs 3k+ worth of basic maintenance every 30k miles.

You gotta really love the Alfa or the engine to want to buy one over a similar BMW/Mercedes /Caddy and they all probably have nicer interiors to boot.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My '21 Durango has buttons for everything you would need along with the redundancy of the infotainment. Climate controls, radio, seat heat and vent, steering wheel heat. Even has a tactile button of launch control, park assist, and lane assist.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I like manual cars as much as anybody, but is anybody really asking for a "pseudo manual" transmission in an EV?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44261/toyota-has-a-patent-to-recreate-manual-transmissions-for-evs

quote:

Among the many things people fear the downturn of internal combustion will render a thing of the past is the manual transmission, and the engaging experience of shifting one's own gears. Toyota doesn't seem to believe that has to be the case, though, as it has patented mechanisms that'd let an electric vehicle simulate the operation of a manual down to the last gritty, gear-grinding detail.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/cole_marzen/status/1494418288847331332?s=21

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Apparently if you want an AlfaRomeo they're available.

https://jalopnik.com/even-with-the-new-car-supply-shortage-no-one-wants-an-a-1848575002

quote:

Alfa Romeos sold in January went for more than $3,400 below MSRP on average — an industry record for the month.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Charles posted:

Stop calling everything the first ever

They’ve never put that kind of motor in an Escalade before.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

skipdogg posted:

I think It’s awesome. I wonder how many 120k 668HP Escalades they will sell. I bet more than they think.

Dodge couldn’t build enough Hellcat Durango’s. Dealer markups we’re pushing them well into 100k territory. I’m sure GM will sell as many of these as they can build. Still I never thought of the Escalade as a drivers car. Better to be a passenger in one. We will see.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

got off on a technicality posted:

Going by the fact that I never see G550s but plenty of G63s, and always at sedate speeds, the sportiness is besides the point. They'll sell every one that they make

The guy who does my ceramic coating had a G63 in the bay getting prepped last time I was there. Having never seen one up close I was pretty impressed. And I'm not a Mercedes guy AT ALL.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol

Is that a Photoshop of the Aliens APC or a Warhammer 40k thing?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ford does a way better job of tracking deliveries then Stellantis.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/_baldtires/status/1535069812099280896?s=20&t=w4YMflS_vttwrMvZj7NJPQ

This is the new Escalade V with the 6.2supercharged v8.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

SUVs with big motors are fun.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

phosdex posted:

nah, my suv rips and is fun as hell to drive.

:agreed:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I had a 2017 Rouge and it was a fun little car for what it was.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Some rumors floating around that Dodge will bring back the Hellcat Durango for ‘23.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I had an 05 Dodge Dakota 4x4 that was a great work truck but was an ok daily driver. It was not nearly as big and obnoxious as the Ram 1500.

One time we needed fill for a job site. I found a contractor who was excavating a foundation for some new construction down the street from our site. Drove over and had the excavator dump two bucket fulls of dirt right in the bed. Felt like a TV commercial.

Later when I had a kid the baby seat fit fine in the back of the quadcab.

In summary, pickup trucks are a land of contrasts. And cool.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 30, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dodge is bringing back the Hellcat Durango for ‘23.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Powershift posted:

Dodge Hornet

There will be a GLS package on the lower end model which is still a 265hp 2.0t

R/T is a plug-in hybrid with 1.3 liter turbo + 44hp starter/generator driving the front axle and 121hp electic motor driving the rear which seems pretty neat.

Looks like an Alpha.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Don’t get the point of fake exhaust.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm a v8 guy. I've owned a muscle car/v8 every day of my life since 2003.

My current daily drive is a Durango SRT 392.

This poo poo is right in my wheelhouse as a consumer, but the fake noise just seems do dumb.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My neighbor got back at me for loud v8 exhaust noises by buying a '22 Corvette.

That thing is MEAN.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

After reading more about it, if I didn't have a basketball teams worth of kids to drive around I'd totally look at getting a Hornet. In 2017 I had a Nissan Rouge which I loved. It was peppy enough for what it was, the CVT was the worst thing about it. But something that size with a TT I4 and hybrid electric? Sign me up.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jeep announced its all electric lineup.

The Avenger

Recon

And Wagoner S

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

iPads for gauge clusters suck.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Our '22 Grand Cherokee has a 100% digital gauge cluster, but it looks like a natural part of the dashboard. The new base model Mustang looks like they just wedged an iPad in there and called it a day.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If you want to buy a 2023 Challenger or Charger they've put all their allocations online.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/horsepower-locator

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

My mom's Sebring back in the day was such an awful car in just about every sense that I just don't think I have it in me to buy anything by Fiat-Chrysler/whatever the hell they call themselves now

I’ve had zero problems with my Durango. They’re fine.

My dad had a convertible seabring back in the day and that thing was an awful creaky piece of poo poo that drove like a brick.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

Chrysler has a 420hp I6 right now. Go buy a $92k Jeep.

Can you get the Hurricane in anything other then the Wagoneer right now?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My first car was an ‘85 Mitsubishi Montero that had an anemic 3speed automatic with 105hp 2.6L 4cylinder. It’s 0-60 time was a full second more then my current cars 1/4 mile time.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

You may know me as someone who likes small cars, like Yugos and Demios. Or ecologically friendly cars like hybrids and such. And bieks. These are all true things - I love those things. But my first car was an AMC, and I've had a number of Chryslers and Jeeps and Plymouths over the years, and deep deep inside me there is a Mopar man yearning to be free. And the new 1025 HP Dodge Demon may be the thing to give me that freedom from this mortal coil when I crash into a wall.

The usual dodge forums are already reporting dealers are quoting 150k+ over sticker.

quote:

It won’t come as a surprise to learn that the fuel mileage is going to be brutal. We don’t have exact figures yet, but Kuniskis called it “terrible,” explaining that the injectors in the Demon 170 can flow 164 gallons per hour at wide-open throttle. But you’ll never be able to do that, because at WOT the Demon 170 empties its entire 18.5-gallon gas tank in just five minutes.

Jesus Christ.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 21, 2023

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My dealer has been trying to sell me a Hellcat Durango for a week now. Aparently they can’t move it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Elem7 posted:

Found that to be surprising, I assumed they were still unobtanium without big markups, so I had a look and astonishingly my local dealer has one, which is really really surprising because they're tiny and I don't think I've ever even seen a regular SRT Durango sitting in stock there. Doesn't matter though, $108k MSRP!?!

The big diffence between the ‘21 and the ‘23 are the upgraded headliner and Hellcat logo on the seat backs is missing on the ‘23s.

The rest is the same best I can tell. Seems nuts to me that it’s a 10k price increase from ‘21 but you get a few things that are less “premium” then the cheaper ‘21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I had a ‘17 Nissan Rouge with a CVT and it was not absolutely dog poo poo awful but it would not be my first choice.