Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That looks amazingly terribly cheap. And what’s with no voices? Bordering on Elsagate-standard cheap flash stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That’s some really cheap-looking CGI there, but I guess I shouldn’t expect Pixar quality from the BBC. Also, completely hiding the absolute horror of the story so as to traumatise the little ones. Good. Goooood.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So I finished watching Avatar:TLA tonight. Man, what a ride. I’m glad I finally watched it all from beginning to end. Now what do I do...? Korra, I guess?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

As long as they get Rockapella for the theme tune, it’ll all be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There’s a couple of clear geographical shots in the trailer, like this one:

“We’re off to Indonesia!”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So I just found out one of my favourite shows as a kid (with super catchy theme song) Mysterious Cities of Gold has a modern sequel series that started in 2012 where they’ve gone to Asia. It’s already got 3 seasons under its belt, and is expecting a 4th soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6L2psTziGM

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

For good reason. That’s terrible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

The only thing I don't really care for is what they did with Zack and Ivy. Their personalities and skill sets didn't make the jump from the old cartoon much at all, and they're mostly there for comic relief.

The Boston accents can go jump off a bridge though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So El Topo and Le Chevre are totally boyfriends, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So this is a series from 1994 by the look of it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just watched the Gumball episode with the unexpected Golden Girls tribute out of nowhere. And now I want a full animated version of Golden Girls. Whichever actors they got to do pitch perfect Bea Arthur and Rue McLanahan impressions also need to be hired.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Craig of the Creek is a weird, but neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcmoSrXzkes

I get that a lot of creators these days have a reverence for the 80s, but to put it so front and centre in cartoons that are generally aimed at kids who were born post-2000 is really weird if you think about it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

readingatwork posted:

[Internal screaming intensifies]

:same:

Agreed, that needs to stop right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

J-Spot posted:

I'm pretty hyped for these. I've lived through many a Looney Tunes reboot but hopefully this is the one that is finally successful and they make more.

Oh, what could have been. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The feels like a ton of 90s Jim Carrey in that second one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/_alexhirsch/status/1120787686925537280

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’d love for She-Ra’s Bow to complete the show’s gay thing and be fully gay too. It’s almost there. Everyone is super-gay already, but as someone said, lesbians are easier to swallow (the irony).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s not Donna Troy, is it? She was Wonder Girl.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Was there a specific post or...?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Has any more recent IP created a star wars-like EU?

Doctor Who maybe? Lots of spin-offs since the revival, with comics, books, audio plays, etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Don't forget having that one episode that everyone in the fandom seems to hate. :v:

What’s the generally most hated ATLA episode?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, definitely make an adult animation TV thread. It has a place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You would have to tell us. Google autolocates sellers based on the user's location, so up in Canada are a bunch of amazon and ebay listings of about $35 and up.

I get a bunch of Euro listings of about 30-35 Euros. I know I bought the bluray ATLA set for about $25 off Amazon during some price drop.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don’t know what to tell you, it’s a good deal. It’s currently $27 on Amazon US right now. Get it!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGY_fHLqck

Ian-Jones Quartey helped with this.

I kind of need more.

Oh weird, I thought this was a Disney thing from stuff I’d seen on Twitter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My bf just made me watch the first 3 eps of Bee & Puppycat. It’s lovely, but why do I hate it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Applewhite posted:

I had the same reaction. My guess is that it’s trying too hard to cash in on the quirky weird vibe that Adventure Time used to have but left out all the fun stuff. Plus Bee is not sympathetic

I think this is it. It’s overly twee, and Bee isn’t a great character.

Also, I didn’t know she wrote some of OtGW because that I absolutely adore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve been looking forward to Infinity Train for a while now. What’s on the link? It forwards to the UK CN site for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Is Amphibia the first depiction of a bra in a Disney animated cartoon?

Nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvh6bbQ-1qw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well that looks great and I’m here for it. Christ, the comments though. :cripes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

As far as I'm aware no one likes that episode, there seems to be a near universal agreement that it's the worst episode in the show

Can we state what ep rather than dancing around it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah ha, good man. I stand corrected.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Larryb posted:

The Rocko’s Modern Life movie is coming to Netflix. No idea if a release date has been posted though:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81091977

Interestingly it’s listed as an LGBQT movie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Is it coming to UK netflix at the same time?

I don’t see why not, it’s listed on there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I wonder if IanJQ will go back to Steven Universe or if he's got other shows on the horizon

I was under the impression the movie was the end of SU, but apparently that’s not the case?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Up to ep 4 of Infinity Train and enjoying it immensely.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TTG is basically this generation’s Animaniacs anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

What TV would you recommend for a 2-year-old? I'm wondering if there's something better for my niece than just watching Disney movies over and over, but her mother wants to vet everything she might come into contact with. Steven Universe is probably too much. Would Hilda be good at that age? Is it even worth paying attention at 2?

Maybe something like Sarah & Duck? Or In the Night Garden?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The problem is that, since the DVDs are way out of print and pretty expensive ($200 for just the DVDs and $400ish for the house)

Dang, I have the house set somewhere still but stupidly I lent out the first dvd to someone and never got it back. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s Disc 1 I’m missing, annoyingly, but thanks!