Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cake Attack posted:

Let's hope Nier wasn't a fluke, I like Drakengard, but it's the not the kind of like where I'd ever want to play it.

It is for me. I'm some kind of hopeless troglodyte because I actually, unironically enjoy a spot of Drakengard from time to time (on Easy mode.) It's also very helpful as a sleeping aid, so there's that.

So I am actually going to buy a PS3. Not for the express purpose of playing this and only this game, but this is my primary motivation.

I have brain problems. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Policenaut posted:

and the dragon's name is Mikhail.

This fills me with glee for reasons that I'm not entirely sure of. I think it's because it doesn't even make any pretense of being a fancy fantasy name like the other games did with their dragons. I could run into a Mikhail on the street. Much less likely to run into a Legna.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

juicecube posted:

I'm almost done Nier, and I own Drakengard but have yet to play it. If I fire up Drakengard after I beat Nier, is there any point to doing this? Is there anything from Nier that I will know referencing Drakengard?

There is a single direct reference to Drakengard in Nier, and it's very clipped. Also some of the weapons you might recognize. That's about it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

juicecube posted:

Maybe I just haven't progressed far enough but I get killed pretty quickly in the dlc. And frequently.

:cry:

Are there any differences between the xbox and ps3 versions? Google hasn't much to say and for some reason I only ever see the game used in the wild for xbox.

The DLC is for, like, NG+ characters only.

The XBox version has a custom save screen, but that's about it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Monomythian posted:

After Nier I decided to brave Drakenguard, I even went the effort with emulation, HD, 60fps, even threw in a widescreen hack.....it, didn't help. After two chapters I just went through darkids LP. I didn't know how bad it was.

I didn't know.... :negative:

Play on Easy.

No, really. Playing on Easy makes the game a lot more fun because people die a lot quicker. There's less variety of powerups from killchains, sure, but it makes the game get to the point a lot faster. Any weapons that aren't from chapters 1-8 aren't available on Easy, but most of those are easy to remove from your field of vision with Arioch's hyper destructo-magic.

...Now, the air battles that require Normal mode, those are indefensibly just way too hard in a bad way, but :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Superstring posted:

The stories don't even have anything to do with the weapons anymore!

When did they?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Megalixir posted:

Localization confirmed. There's no way it's going to be anything else, not with this timing.

"Square-Enix has announced the Drakengard cellphone game for release in non-EU territories!"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

dazat posted:

Ironcluster (Sword) (I believe this sword was also in the original Drakengard)

It went by Hymir's Finger in the translation and it's been Broken Iron since in the other games. I guess it makes sense that since this is a prequel it's not broken from Caim killing everything on it yet.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I bet he and Zero will get along swimmingly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

The Dark Id posted:

gently caress!

They're not that bad, you big baby.

Drakengard 2 might've been. I never played it personally.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

dazat posted:

I'm looking forward to the English dub! Now have some choice cosplay:

Why would anyone ever cosplay as Verdelet

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Genocyber posted:

I know the general consensus about sidequests is to not do them if they sound like a pain, but if I do no sidequests would I miss out on any important story bits or useful items?

You need to do a sidequest to get your vehicle. Said sidequest is available from the start of the game, so that's alright.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Megalixir posted:

So, after unintentionally getting Platinum in Drakengard 3, I'm probably going to play NieR Replicant. Does anyone know what the differences are between Replicant, and Gestalt? I've already finished Gestalt on 360 a while ago. Just wondering.

Instead of a burly dude your main character is a pretty dude.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

NIV3K posted:

So from a quick googling it seems like the Quest percentage should be at 51% before you advance from Part 1 to Part 2. I didn't want to look to hard for confirmation though for fear of getting something spoiled, so could someone confirm or correct that number?

I'm currently at 48% after rounding up the most recent wave of Side Quests after completing the Barren Temple. So far they have been pretty simple and not nearly as bad as I was expecting based upon what people in this thread were saying. I mean, I now know that things like the last Cultivating quest are awful, but are there any other ones like that in Part 2? Maybe I've just been abused by Tales games for too long with regards to awful quests to find Nier's that bad?

First: yes, 51%. There's one notably tricky one to find that requires you to talk to a guy near the lighthouse, leave, talk to him again, leave, and then talk to him again to get.

Second: Life in the Sands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Brother Nier does not have the booming voice of Jamieson Price emanating from his larynx and is therefore objectively inferior, end quote.

• Locked thread