Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

muike posted:

That seems like a great great set of features for a beginner amp except for maybe the wireless(?? why) and it seems like that's who the video's targeted at.

I heard some marketing speak to indicate that they wanted to to bluetooth but there were latency issues. So for wow factor.

Charging the transceiver by plugging it in is so smart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So when I bought my Mustang it came with a license for some Amplitube Fender SE dealie. What actually is that? Is it that if I am already am an Amplitube user now I have a pack of Fender models to match or?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm finding those 20 watt Blackstars on sale at Sweetwater very tempting.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Here's Pete and Mr. Anderton drinking with another Danish guy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Looked in the Twin because of this thread and found these treasures, a drum felt thing and a badge

I feel like an archaeologist!

I can't believe you took those out. You fool! What about your tone?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Verizian posted:

Nobody found a small hatch with some bags of weed or a brick of coke in a 412 yet?

One of my favorite news stories in the last 10 years is that somebody bought Willie Nelson's old tour bus and found weed stashed in such a hatch.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

My favourite Blues Junior clone is the Sub Zero 20 watt because it has a fair to middling chance of killing you

http://www.ratvalveamps.com/subzero-tube-20r

Uh, wow. So it can't be safe to QA. Uh again.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Who was it who said the Chappers videos were OK if you could get past the 10 minutes of flirting with himself?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Vaguely on topic. Those guys rave about the Bassbreaker. How do you guys feel about 'em?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I think these are good for the price

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/DSL40C/combo-amps/marshall-dsl40c-combo

I just got a Blackstar HT5r for small gigs and it seems OK, a bit trebly but I'll change the speaker and tubes soon because I am a massive nerd

How is the reverb? I feel like I've heard it slagged but I don't remember specifically.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mentioning Marshall-- make a lil demo of that beautiful Bluesbreaker if you haven't already :)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I need to, it's down at the studio but I'll do my best next week.

I'm being bossy. There's no hurry but I would love to hear it if you get the chance.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I can't wait!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I tried the THR 10 x in a music store and I was really underwhelmed by the volume. It was a fairly big room but very quiet.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I get that but it was pretty wimpy even by that standard. Just my opinion. It really put me off of them.

fake edit: it was a big room too. I just wanted to mention the one piece of gear I have actually played.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm not trying to say you're wrong but are you sure it was dialed in with both volumes up and working right? It gets super loud. Like way louder than anyone would need short of playing with a band.

I feel like I tried to crank it but I might have hosed it up. Maybe it was the room.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Maybe I'll go down tomorrow and look again. I am not a cranked player either but I was curious to see what it sounded like.

edit: They probably still have the same $400 pacifica I dug too. It's got a soapbar in the neck.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 23, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

:allears:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mentioning bass-- does the bass model sound good for bass? I don't have a bass. Yet.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It seems like there's a parts availability rabbit hole you could go down. Not that I care to make that journey.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't know what sag is

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thanks!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I used to own a THR10 and I was very disappointed in it. It sounds better than others in its vlass but I dont consider it a good amp.

Get him

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The bigger Mustang GTs have more controls on board but if you're going to use the Fuse software that doesn't matter as much.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, I'm also a shameless THR stan (my jam being the 10x). Little snot-green brat has probably saved my bacon way more times than I care to name, especially this year that I returned as a recording engineer. And while it's pretty good on its own without a computer, if you use the USB connection and have the THR Editor up and ready, the amount of Q.O.L. adjustments it allows you to zero-in to are loving insane.

You can send audio to it too. That's convenient.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I was going to listen to it on the THR but I can't find my ding dang USB cable.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What amp is it? Have you cracked it open?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hey someone else referenced Gene Ray!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Orange Micro Dark has a tube preamp and an effects loop. That poo poo sounds great.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

How big is this change jar?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I did enjoy! I'll have to finish watching later tho.