Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Soooooo... Hybrid Mustang in 2020...

The electric motors should power the front wheels independently, to create a hybrid V8 AWD Mustang. If it's just a normal-rear end hybrid powertrain, I would not care for that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If you don't plan on racing your car or speeding excessively, unless you have a bunch of twisty roads around, acceleration is the only part of the car you'll really get to enjoy, so I wouldn't second-guess yourself in favour of fuel economy.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I'm guessing the reduction in highway fuel economy is minimal since 6th gear is so loving long in any case.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

That's an extremely good car, even if I don't care for your choice of transmission :v:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

fps_bill posted:

I had my car for 13 loving hours and the paint is hosed! We got some serious winds and on my way home from work there was 1 spot where the wind storm turned into a gravel storm or some poo poo. My mirrors, and above my windshield are hosed, there's a few nicks on my windshield. I don't even want to look at my hood and front bumper. Or the rest off the car for that matter.

edit for pics:

I planned on not driving it till I got a clear bra done, but figured what the hell, ill take it to work today. This bitch is getting wrapped after i get it fixed.

I think I got a crack on my windshield (the sort that requires replacement, not just patching)... 48 hours after taking possession of mine? I said the gently caress word, as I'm sure you may have. poo poo sucks.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

fps_bill posted:

What's the go to not super loud catback? I'm torn between the magnaflow street or competition, and the Ford touring. I love the sound of the Ford sport too but idk how well that would work out rolling in at 1am every night.

I got the FRPP touring catback for my shameful V6 and I still love it. It's the perfect balance of quiet when you want it to be, and loud when you want it to be, in my opinion.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I am a loving retarded careless idiot. How much do you suppose this will cost to mend?

http://i.imgur.com/MRdJkMR.jpg

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

If you put two ecoboosts in you'd have 8 cylinders, just sayin'

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

Are there any good tips on making a convertible just drat less noisy? 80mph on the Autostrada is pretty unbearable to hold a discussion in with my vehicle. Neither window seems to seal properly, and there is some whizzing from the corners of the window and front of door near the mirror root.

Noise cancelling headphones.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

All vehicle "climate control" systems should be banished from the loving earth. I feel very strongly about this.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Wrar posted:

It's true. One dial for temp, one for fan speed, one for the blend door position. You only need two buttons. One for AC and one for recirc.

I don't know why anyone would disagree with this post, but apparently every automaker does.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

opengl128 posted:

Like, towed against your will? Good luck, they are the scummiest of the scum.

If you actually paid for a tow then you may have a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rNIAN5o5M

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Hello and welcome to hoodraulic press channel. Ve have here the Ford Mustang, which is very dangerous and can attack at any time, so ve must deal with it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

opengl128 posted:

I feel like it being a manual is deterrent enough.

True story: I saw a guy get shot and the only reason the shooter was apprehended is that he didn’t know how to drive stick so he was stuck at the scene. Still tragic overall, but an important lesson too: you never know when that skill will change your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

thetechnoloser posted:

Definitely missing the RWD and such, but we'll wait a few years and possibly come back if the RWD sports cars get a renaissance in the next few.... Open to suggestions.

They need to make a carshare club for Mustang owners that give up their Mustang for something objectively better and more practical, but still miss the Mustang. They should be V8, manual and unfathomably loud.