Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WASDF posted:

Kind of a weird pre-baby album. I wonder what drove him to make an album like this.

Yeah, that is what has me thinking. I was honestly expecting something more upbeat and celebratory. It was pretty obvious where the introspection and self loathing of MBDTF came from. This album is just so raw that it almost hurts, and it changes direction so quickly that you almost get whiplash (I'm in it is honestly the best example of this, especially from :50-1:50)

Anyway, the album is brilliant if you ask me. Someone previously said this this reminds them of an Odd Future production, and I get that vibe too. The raw, electronic feel of the tracks kind if give a similar vibe. Obviously the production on Kanye's stuff is way better, though.

All in all, my favorite tracks are New Slaves, Im in it, Blood on the Leaves, Guilt Trip, and Send it Up.
The beat of Send it Up is just stupid good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It's amazing how on point 'On Sight' is as an opener to this album. The scrambled, jarring noise leading Kanye to dismiss our expectations for the album (Yeezy season approaching/gently caress whatever ya'll been hearing) instantly makes the listener drop any assumptions of what to expect. It's accentuated by the jarring choral sample (He gives us what we need/It may not be what we want).

It's pretty brilliant if you ask me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

John Lennon was dead at the time :ssh:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The whole point of that first verse of that song is that is about how Kanye is ashamed of the way he treats sex. He is constantly flip flopping from belittling it to playing it up.

The line is goofy and racist, but it does serve a purpose and he probably knew exactly what he was doing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

im actually super excited to read what yeezus apologists are going to come up with for this video.

Are you loving kidding me. Why the hell to people throw around the word "apologist" for trivial poo poo?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

God, Tickets at TD Garden are gonna cost a fortune, aren't they?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Kanye + Weezer = Yeezer

This is certainly a thing that exists now.

Not anymore it doesnt!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

So Help me god > Life of Pablo > Swish > Waves

So Help Me God is a great loving name for a record and its a drat shame he changed it.

e: I Just want a studio version of Wolves so Im happy with whatever this mess of a record actually is.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 11, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really like the TLOP, but its a bit frantic and all over the place for me to say it's one of my favorites. Some tracks sound like the advertised gospel, some sound like B sides to Yeezus, some sound Like watch the throne, some sound like cruel summer. It honesty sounds to me like the creation of a mentally ill person off his meds, which makes a bit of sense given Kanye's recent twitter activity.

The highlight of the album is honestly Chance's verse on Ultralight beam, followed by Famous, Father Stretch My Hands Pt.2, and Feedback.

The biggest problem is honestly there are tracks that are just hot loving garbage, which is very rare for Kanye. The Version of Wolves he released loving sucks, which is dumb as hell because the one he performed at SNL was one of my favorite Kanye things ever. Facts is bad too, but the biggest piece of poo poo is definitely Fade. How that got of this record is beyond me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SMDH if you don't bump Send it Up or I'm In It daily

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

temple posted:

Yeezus isn't that kind of album. Its not a club bangerz type of deal. I think its controversy legitimizes it.

Yeezus is nothing but bangers, you are a crazy person

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The album is like noticeably better and I'm incredibly shocked by that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

what the gently caress is this

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm not sure if the development of Kanye West actually being mentally Ill makes his music better or worse.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

thathonkey posted:

development ?? everyone has been known that and loving his music

Yeah, but it seems that he has jumped from "kind of off and handling himself" to "danger to himself and those around him" kind of fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

rear end Catchcum posted:

Kanyes worst song...hmm...probably the first track on yeezus. To the last track on yeezus.

Holy poo poo look how wrong this guy is.

• Locked thread