Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Crankit posted:

As long as Edd the Duck and that sheep thing aren't implicated I can remain at peace with my childhood.

They were victims, they constantly had a blokes hand up their arse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Exactly how poo poo is Charlie Brooker's hair these days?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

The Big Taff Man posted:

Plus you can bet that Dawn French is filth in bed.

If by "filth" you mean the sheets have food stains on them, I would agree.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Comrade Fakename posted:

It's pretty funny that The British Comedy Awards astonishingly managed to cajole Stewart Lee into turning up this year, only to not give him any awards and then give a lifetime achievement award to the Mrs Brown's Boys bloke.

That's the funniest thing Stewart Lee has ever been involved in.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Angrymog posted:

#baeofpigs and not one of the comedy news shows are on air :(

Have I Got News For You starts next week. They'll say something, if only to take the piss out of Hislop.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

josh04 posted:

it's a bit odd that people bother watching.

They're not watching, which is why the ratings have dropped through the floor.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm struggling to find much UK drama or comedy to interrupt my Netflix binges.

Same here. Only thing I've watched and enjoyed recently is Poldark. I tried that new one about the aliens by the Misfits guy, but it was poo poo, so I've been reduced to binge watching Inspector Morse.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Unkempt posted:

What was this? (and how poo poo?)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-aliens

Very poo poo.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Mr. Squishy posted:

Do people still watch RIpper Street? New season just started.

Already watched it on Amazon.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

WeAreTheRomans posted:

pffff this Cracker-is-a-pedo Channel 4 series is gonna be a tough watch, isn't it?

What?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I can't believe they had tits out on Heartbeat, always struck me as very vanilla? Am I hallucinating or did Greengrass get a spin off?

It started out as a pretty decent crime drama, it didn`t devolve into the "weren`t the old days great" soap-opera until a couple of seasons in.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

What on earth did I do?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SEX BURRITO posted:

The GBS Maddie thread was insane. Didn't it go on for about 4 years?

To be fair, it was four years of jokes about her parents killing her.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Wheat Loaf posted:

What have reviewers said for Cuckoo's Calling? Is it like Sherlock with people gushing over it despite not being altogether great?

(Disclaimer: Sherlock is one of my favourite sci-fi/fantasy/superhero shows.)

The writing is loving awful. The main character is a private detective who used to be a military policeman until his leg got blown off in Afghanistan. Why was an MP going out on combat patrol? Who the gently caress knows. Oh, and he's the son of a famous rock star. And his mum was a famous model. Might as well have made him a bloody astronaut too.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Gorn Myson posted:

I haven't seen it yet, but the comments about Hard Sun don't seem surprising. It was created and written by Neil Cross, the man behind Luther, so its sounds like it follows in the same style of "this is a bit silly but its a lot of fun so don't worry about the details".

I wish he'd been made the new showrunner for Doctor Who as was rumoured a while ago. As ridiculous as Luther can be sometimes, it's never been as bad as a woman in a tinfoil bikini and silver heels being covered in barbecue sauce and eaten by a pterodactyl.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Wheat Loaf posted:

A nation divided:

So what you're saying is that everyone that likes Mrs Browns Boys should be euthanized for their own good?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

crispix posted:

Also I believe he married his cousin? Just doing his bit to help defeat unpleasant Welsh stereotypes, I shouldn't wonder :/

His 25 year old cousin. He's 52.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rondette posted:

Back when Christmas number ones actually seemed to matter.

Rage Against the Machine managed to kill that, thank gently caress.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Sales of spray-tan plummet.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Been trying to remember/find the name of a kids programme I watched around the mid-80s, but am struggling, partly due to the lack of details I can recollect. It was on either Children's BBC or the ITV equivalent, and I remember it was one of my go-to shows for a while along with Mysterious Cities of Gold.

It was live action, and was about some kids who had an old bus or something similar in a workshop/garage type place and I think the overarching plot of the series was their efforts to get the thing working. There may have been something special about it, like it could fly or something, or it had some sentimental significance. I also remember a rousing "come on, let's get this poo poo done" scene, leading to progress and possibly accompanied by a song.

Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Come_the_Double_Deckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

ineptmule posted:

So I have no understanding of this recent Virgin controversy. I use Virgin for the Fibre and rarely watch broadcast tv. What is UKTV and what have I lost?

24-7 Top Gear repeats.