Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Yeah I'm thinking Bruce has lost some fairly mega tax case recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

sex pervert posted:

A drugged up tortoise shoving its head through a glory hole and a farting dog.

Channel 4, ladies and gentlemen. :stare:

Come on, Boy with a Shed for a Brain I believe in you.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

DaWolfey posted:

I hope Charlie has something to say about the video the BBC showed of the murderer, bloody knives still in hand, ranting to a passer-by who filmed it on their phone then sold it to The Sun, who then gave (or sold) it to the BBC, who then broadcast it to the nation.
Because that is hosed up.

Yeah, I can't help but feel that those murdering arseholes have rather been given what they wanted here. I would link that old Newswipe bit about now making this depressing, horrible poo poo the headline news story but... what'd be the point.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

*shits self*
"Editorially justified in the context in which it was presented."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

onoflalks posted:

How does I Love My Country compare to the mental Noel's HQ thing that Sky had on a couple years ago? I'm guessing it's a bit less "It's PC/H&S gone mad", how does it compare in the nationalism stakes?

I'm not really expecting an answer, I don't think anybody ITT actually watched Noel's HQ

Noel's HQ was a bit Daily Mail.

I live in Scotland and I support the union. I don't really like the SNP and I like the concept of Britain as a nation. Then I saw this and I can't wait to get the gently caress out of the UK.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Ideal. Nighty Night. Him And Her. White Van Man.

First few series' of Being Human, Gavin and Stacy (gently caress you), Little Britain and Our War.

And Mongrels.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Irisi posted:

I know. Poor Brucie, I think it's past time he was put out to pasture. It's painful to watch him try to cavort about and make jokes, and even more painful to watch the judges and contestants humour him through gritted teeth.

If they feel they need a male host (and frankly Tess does a grand job on her own) they should call up John Barrowman. He's cheesy, charming, all-dancing, all-singing, and doesn't wear a distracting and slightly terrifying wig.

I think the fairly sexist ageism at the BBC is finally biting them in the arse. All the old men that they have been keeping around like some sort of insane collector of antiquities are now getting so old that they no longer represent reality for the majority of people that are watching TV. I know that we're talking about Brucie at the moment but the fact that he didn't manage to get through a single loving link on an autocue tonight was more than enough to make me think that he should have been put out to pasture long ago. He's just not where he should be for a show that needs to be hitting its audience. I wouldn't be surprised if tonights episode was his last one. I like the guy, I really do, but Strictly is now the BBC's biggest earner (for realies, it displaced Top Gear a couple of years ago about the same time that Clarkson stopped being such a massive cock on TV COULD THESE THINGS BE LINKED [hint: they are] ) and they need someone that can actually read an autocue without having to start over twice before they get the tone of voice right for it to be anything other than a weirdly awkward event that happens far too regularly.

Huw Edwards (52), George Alagiah (58), Gavin Esler (60), Jeremy Paxman (63), John Humphrys (70), for example, will be the next/current generation of documentarians. Other than wheeling out John Barrowman (46) or Graham Norton (50) can you tell me who would fill this spot? The 'face of the channel' doesn't exist in any meaningful way anymore. Those that are considered to be 'yoof' presenters by the beeb are now too risky (Russell Brand [38 - is it a bit mental that 'youth' is now considered to be late 30s in TV land?] becoming Persona Non Grata, Jonathan Ross (53) loving off to ITV, Ant (38) and Dec (38)) for anything more staid and grown up than a loving talkshow on BBC3.

I guess Dick and Dom could take over?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

Name five pointless television shows? East Enders, Corrie, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, and Home & Away. Actually, that's not fair; Hollyoaks has the purpose of fap fodder for teenage boys.

Can we swap out Hollyoaks for Pointless? :v:

Pointless owns by the way.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

Blunkett thinks that the reason people think politicians are knobs is because of HIGNFY and co.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...on-9027372.html

I don't think I've ever seen a bigger irony cumshot on a website in my entire fuckin' life than that.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Ponce de Le0n posted:

itv are bringing back birds of a feather lol, kinda scraping the barrel there surely.

They did a really successful run of that in the theater of late. Could have something to do with it.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

marktheando posted:

Now I like complaining about Steven Moffat as much as the next guy, but he's a writer not a director.

Stage directions get written into scripts, especially for big signature bits where words flash by a persons face to show a hive of mental activity.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

Speaking of The Taste what's everyones opinion on Lawson following the court case?

Mr. Squishy posted:

She married a poo poo and probably has/had a drug problem but who cares.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

AND MY OPINION IS OBJECTIVLY RIGHT AND HERE LET ME poo poo MYSELF OVER IT

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Seaside Loafer posted:

gently caress off ;-*

No he's got a point we should get back to complaining/masturbating about/over BBC3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

This seems like the best place to ask, but does anyone have any tips for cheaper accommodation during the Fringe Festival?

Commute in.