Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Unnamed green forest man? He died because we did nothing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Camp Par-lay

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
I am late to the party on the which panel is the best panel discussion, but this whole page is the best panel.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Oh man, I didn't notice the words in Jeanne's hair action marks at first!

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Eventually loose ends do need to be explained. Also, so far as I understand it, Tom works far enough ahead in the story that any comments we make here wouldn't make an impact we'd notice.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
In like 5 chapters we will see Antimony use coyote's fang. (What could possibly go wrong with a gift from Coyote?)

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Pick posted:

pages like this

Pages like that strike me as beautiful and I wish it was a poster; I would buy like 20.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
You'd rather they build a robot that excavates the skeletons of both Jeane and the elf, followed by an extensive forensic analysis of the body to determine approximate time and cause of death for both parties before speculating upon possible situations wherein the wounds are explained?

Micgael fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 4, 2010

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
I bet Jeane would love the chance to wreck the product of Diego's work with an etheric sword.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Smitty's power is deus ex machina. Who cares? You're all over thinking it.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

wdarkk posted:

Another random theory: someone mentioned that there wasn't an "order" deity to serve as a mirror to Coyote. I'm going to postulate that the mechanical birds either were made by or are collectively said deity. If you believe Ms Donlan, the court doesn't know anything about them and have NEVER been able to catch one.

Plus a whole bunch saved Annie, which means either they're really nice or they consider her important.

EDIT: More support

I just assumed the tic tocs were tied to whoever Mr. Donlan was talking about here: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=401

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

I don't care when it is taking place.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Macaluso posted:

Re-reading through the Coyote chapters for the billionth time. Something I never really noticed before for some reason that I think is pretty funny: Coyote can't seem to get her name right. The two off the top of my head I can think of is "Abolone" and "Acrimony Barber".

I'm pretty sure Abalone is an affectionate informal pronoun in some Native American language. Its shown up in more than one of my folk tale books.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
And that rear end in a top hat with the arrow!

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Conversely, the worst part of owning a big dog is when he wants to use you as a backrest or pillow. Do not attempt this the next time you are near an appropriately large canine!

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Robot is definitely getting creepier. Try harder, Shadow2!

edit:

Micgael fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 1, 2011

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Fighting Trousers posted:

That is terrible.

:arghfist::mad:

Maybe we can put a rug on it?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

McGravin posted:

I love GC and normally I think Tom is a top-notch writer, but I kind of hate this latest strip. It reminds me a lot of some of the worst aspects of Lost and similar shows, namely one character completely failing to answer a direct question. One character poses a reasonable question that the audience also desperately wants an answer to, but the other character (who knows the answer) responds with an evasive non-answer and then the scene moves on as if the matter were settled.

Writers: please don't do this. If you don't plan on answering a question, don't ask it in the first place. If you absolutely must ask a question, say you want to get the audience to think about it, have one character pose it idly or rhetorically or have the responding character genuinely not know the answer.

Except by asking it reraises the question to set up for a "Let's solve this riddle" story.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
The kids all just came back from break and are catching up. I guess I don't see why its weird. You never snuck out of the house to hang out with your friends and do nothing?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Elysiume posted:

Tom also made a cool painting.

I wish he sold this in poster form.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Is that last panel with Jack supposed to be a really low blow, or does he not know?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

His tumblr said it was a tall Coyote one.

https://twitter.com/#!/gunnerkrigg/status/137897510403444737

For reference, he posted that this was what the table looked like when he started. I especially like the City Face price signs. :v:

I am having some trouble reading that sign. How much was Tom selling them for?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Nondevor posted:

My attempt :shobon: Doesn't seem to be playing in my post though.

e: ah, didn't see idontlikepeas' post. I'll just keep editing this one to try and make it work out of boredom though

e2: turns out that I accidentally merged the layers. At least it works now.

What is the page number of this?

Micgael fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 14, 2012

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Are there any artistically oriented goons who could gif the bottom two panels of this page for me:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=948

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Dodgeball posted:

Ugh, mine hosed up. Lemme try again.

Actually, this is exactly what I wanted. Anyone have suggestions for alt text?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Dodgeball posted:

Either "Gimme a kiss." or "Don't Blink." or "I can see you when you do that."

Anyone know the page or chapter where young Annie talks with the boy who accidentally burned his family to death? I cannot for the life of me find it.

EDIT: Found it. It's ghost story.

It's chapter 16, but the flash back starts here: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=338

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Free etheric door.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Look at all of the research Tom must have caused:

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
Am I alone in thinking Zimmy is about to tell Kat about Robot's cult?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

YF-23 posted:

I know this Jack repeated the line he'd told Annie back then, but I can't shake the feeling that he's the real deal and not just a memory.

Welcome to Zimmy's perspective, all the time.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
I just went back to look at the treatise, and this chapter probably explains why Annie is holding a White Legs. Possibly the birds Kat is holding too.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."
You're all assholes. Gunnerkrigg Court is a thread for peace (Except when Tea-san comes in to deliver the sickest burns).

Micgael fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 18, 2012

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

idonotlikepeas posted:

Tom has hinted a few times that there is Something Up with Annie wearing makeup like that, and it's not just a normal thing. (Notice how much makeup her classmates have on when they show up, too.) I think he was going a whole different way with it than that.

I don't know that we're going to get total clarity on the chapter in the next couple of pages. I kind of prefer it that way, actually; explaining Zimmyness too precisely would tend to kill it.

I always assumed Annie's mom showed her how to do her make up, and this is just her connecting with her mother. I doubt we will ever get a proper explanation over something so small though.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Keru posted:

Kat is the psychopomp of robots?

The job is certainly available.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com//comics/00000133.jpg

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

DarkCrawler posted:

From now on everyone just link the comic pages like this so I don't impulsively start clicking next and spend a hour clicking next again.

I did that because the last time I clicked one of the links in this thread it ate my entire afternoon.

Micgael fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 27, 2012

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

ATP_Power posted:

I know I said it last chapter too (and was totally wrong) but I feel like the Jeanne story is gonna get picked up in some way again. The Annan waters were made by Coyote and I'd be very surprised if we didn't get his/the forest's side of that matter at some point.

I can't wait to be wrong again! We get more Coyote and Tom's art has only improved since the last Coyote chapter.

I've always assumed Coyote is just using Annie to get Jeanne out of the water because that removes the Court's protection.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Shugojin posted:

Nah he actually just figured out eye lasers and is calling Annie so he can brag about his awesome new eye lasers.

Pretty girls love it when he juggles his laser eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Geomancing posted:

I don't know why any of you are taking ANYTHING Coyote says at face value. :v:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=368