Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Maldraedior posted:

That's when I started reading it but because the Achewood reference got posted in that thread

What Achewood reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fecha posted:

What? No, Parley. It's called bip fighting.

That's what "Unsichtbarhau" means in German, though.

(I am not doing German for my A-levels, either.)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Elysiume posted:

Wasn't she not supposed to be showing that to anyone? I feel like I must have missed or forgotten something.

She wasn't supposed to tell anyone in the forest about it but Coyote apparently doesn't mind if she tells the court.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Of course Coyote's tooth laughs like he does. Of course.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

This makes me wonder.

Let's say Parley swings her sword at Smitty. With Smitty's chaos-into-order gimmick, what exactly would happen?

He trips at the last second and the blade ends up cleanly removing a previously-undetected tumor.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Rasamune posted:

You hit the robot.
The robot is severely wounded!
Coyote thinks this is hilarious!

Coyote is BORED.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ironic Twist posted:

God help us all if they cut the fourth wall in half.

Tea-san draws a future scene with Coyote's Tooth, his hand slips while he's inking, and then he shows up at the next comic convention with a stump wrapped in bandages.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Are they reacting to Red being called Red there?

Wait, has she never been called Red before?

That's what I figured, since the chapter is called Red Gets A Name.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ironic Twist posted:

Is it weird that the last page made me think immediately of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx_0xqYZal8

It probably is. Antimony Carver Superstar.

"NAME YOURSELVES!"

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

TOAST7312 posted:

I'm no expert on accents, and that the characters as supposed to be 'English', but for some reason the voice feels wrong to me. Perhaps it's because it represents a younger Annie, but it feels like there's more emotion behind her voice than there should be. That and, to me, it almost sounds Irish.

I thought Tom said once that Annie's accent was basically the same as Kate Rusby's, though, since a lot of Gunnerkrigg was inspired by her music.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

2 hours after this posting...

Did we ever find out what moddey dhoo means in that panel?

It's a black dog myth, link.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

I think the reason he doesn't want her to say the message might be a sort of "we don't know who could be listening" sort of deal.

Particular since Jones, technically, doesn't side with the Court. Maybe he was worried her phone has listening devices. So it had to be FZZAKed.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

The Walker posted:

So it's a portable door that leads only to the other side of that wall. What's behind the wall other than a staircase?

I think it just leads to whatever's on the other side of whichever wall he puts it on.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Man I hope we get some answers soon, and it doesn't all end in a church.

Note: What I hope for does not necessarily a good story make.

Turns out that dragging out answers for six years and ending it all in a church doesn't a good story make either. So you're probably safe.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Waffnuffly posted:

Boxbot has a stick that automatically breaks as soon as he is summoned which summons Robox, who does all the work. Boxbot remains shunned in the corner.

Boxbot :smith:

Boxbot has a powerful etheric presence. When Tom says Boxbot is terrible, he means it in the old-school sense.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Gnome de plume posted:

Jones looked like a human before looking like a human was popular.

Jones is the first hipster.

She was into the earth before it was cool.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

YF-23 posted:

I can watch this forever. :allears: Actually this put me on a trait of thought that evaporated almost instantly but left me with the question, would Jones, having lived the entirety of mankind's existence and having learned endless languages preceding English, have a British accent? Would she have an accent? Would it be recognisable as anything we might know?

Tom said (on Formspring, I think?) that Jones doesn't have a specific accent, i.e., you can't really place where her accent is from.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Tea-san posted:

I taped a sharpie to the end of a broom handle for this one!

I was hoping that you had done something like this to draw Lindsey's comic and I am so glad it was true.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

Her speech patterns sound more mature in full fire elemental mode (with the mask on). I wonder if the fire elemental aspect of her is a gestalt of its previous hosts? Or at least lends its more experienced perspective when invoked.

Antimony using a more mature speech pattern is nothing new. Actually, it seems like in recent times she's started talking more informally than she did at the beginning of the strip.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fecha posted:

Ah, kids and their vague ideas about how kissing works.

It's basically just reciprocal mouth zerbits, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Onean posted:

Ehhhhhhh.

For a less rediculous example, try these two pages.

I think that, if they could, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Cucumber Quest would all be friends and tell each other that they all had some pretty good faces.