Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Quick, what's Annie's title and aspect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Vial's got some Coyote coloring going on.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Now who's gonna bit-torrent us some Sugar Daddies and Hot Dogs?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I felt like I'd largely forgotten what all had happened in this comic, so I went back and re-read everything from the very beginning, and I have to say: Spending 9 entire strips on Annie defending Tony feels excessive. There might be another shoe waiting to drop on that entire situation, but I agree with the summation of the thread: Boo!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

dragon enthusiast posted:

depending on how faux science you want to get, there are cryptographic ciphers where you just have garbage data until you have both keys. So the order isn't important but you do need both
That's probably how Kat would see it.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Whatever happened to the Minotaur from way back when, anyway? It came to show and tell, and-?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Tiny Myers posted:

Growing increasingly attached to the concept of "this is some kind of meta poo poo where Loup took over the story and has been writing fanfiction this whole time".
Homestuck?! In my Gunnerkrigg!?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Or maybe his communications are personalized for each listener, and we're only privy to Kat's end of it? :tinfoil:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

If Loup is the center of narrative focus, could that explain why everything is so jilted/awkward? Loup doesn't really understand human interaction and emotion and so we're seeing things through his lens, and thus...
Nope. Just gonna stop right there.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

The change was the narrative focus. :doh:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

No, Vriska avatar, the reason we need to kill Loup is because he is *ruining the comic* and Annie is going to assert herself as protagonist again. It's going to be a Homestuck twist! (It will not.)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

worm girl posted:

I hate Xenogears but the game goes so unnecessarily hard in so many places that you can forgive it for doing text dumps and flashbacks of weird evangelion lore.

I'd liken that more to like Paranatural or something where the artist had to switch to storybook format to finish the story.

I thought Xenogears did that infodump-slash-abbreviation because they ran out of budget?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

That's not Coyote. This is not the same comic.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

when do we get to the boss rush

Right after we get to the fireworks factory.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

A bit concerned about the focus on "She visited upon death," too. Please don't start offing yourselves en masse, numans.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Oh. That's how Kat is going to kill Zimmy. Inadvertently leading her into the aether or something. :what:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Who is she? Doesn't matter. She could be useful, though, but don't worry about her. Ignore her, but suddenly concerned about her presence! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

"Mind Cagers" gives us some autonomy into the action of being caged. "Mind Caged" implies that we are victims of it.