Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sunshine89 posted:

vacuuming related fall?

??

Go on...

edit: gently caress uh...went on a date today that the girl picked out. We did a painting/wine class. Art teacher comes out, give some pointers, and you do your interpretation of one of 5 paintings on the wall. While you're painting a 'wine expert' (whatever that's called, cant remember the name) comes around giving you samples of different wines. If you liked a certain kind he'd give you a glass of it.

Really, really good time. I thought it wasn't going to be any fun (the event, not the date, we've been out before) but I actually had a lot of fun with it.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Apr 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

Quoted from the rules thread, beyotch. :colbert:

Content:
All the jerky I made this weekend turned out awesome. Also, my supervisor at work declared that it was "No lovely Music day" and made the guy who always puts the radio on the generic nu-metal station with shittons of commercials (96.1 for you guys in the ATL area) stop complaining about it. It was great to not have to listen to Nickleback or Hinder or Skillet at all today.

Please tell me he put it on Q100 instead. That would just be hilarious.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

Nah. Sublime Radio on Pandora, which is awesome. Q100 is bullshit. Most of the Atlanta area radio stations are.

Yeah, which is why I thought it would be hilarious. Although they've started airing 680am The Fan on an FM station...93.1 I think so I've been listening to that a lot. Chuck & Chernoff in the afternoon are great.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kind of a long one but there's some back story to why today is awesome.

A little over a year ago I was out to dinner with a couple of friends and at the table next to us was probably 6-8 girls. One of them I just couldn't take my eyes off of. We were kind of talking across the tables but the place was loud so it kind of tapered off after a while. After we finished eating I walked over to talk to her. I figured my friends would follow suit and occupy the other girls attention. Nope, they went and stood by the door to watch. Anyway, I talk to this girl for a bit and find out that they're all out because one of the girls just got broken up with so it was a 'girls night'. They seemed a little pissy because I was talking to their friend and kept asking her pointless questions like what she was doing next Thursday and bs like that. I got tired of battling with them so I told here where we were going that night and that I hoped to see her there.

I immediately started kicking myself for not asking for her number.

The next day I was at a beerfest thing and I was telling another friend the story of what an idiot I was, when I see the girl walk through the crowd behind him. I tell the friend and we go looking for her. We get to the other side of the festival with no luck. Giving up, we got in line at one of the beer stands. I feel a tap on my shoulder and it's the girl. We talk for a bit and I get her number, saying we should get dinner sometime and she agrees.

Later that night I was at a block party and was telling one of the guys that was with me the night before that I ran into the girl and guess who shows up right as I'm telling him? Same girl.

Anyway, we end up going out a couple times and it's just awesome. I think she's gorgeous and a lot of fun. For some reason though, we just kind of lost track of each other after that. I went out of town for work for a month and when I got back she was out of town. She'd also mentioned that she was dealing with a lot recently and kind of flaked out on a few things I invited her to. So, thinking that she'd lost interest I gave up. Even though we didnt talk all that time I never forgot about her and thought about her a lot. Especially seeing stuff of hers pop up on facebook, always got me thinking about her and wishing I'd tried harder.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago I run into this same girl again at another festival and she asks if I still have her number and to call her. I'm thinking yeah ok, she was just being nice and let it go. Then, the next weekend I run into her AGAIN while river rafting. Literally on the river in a tube and she floats by. We can't believe it and she asks why I didn't call. Lying, I said I'd been busy and would call her that weekend. Which I did.

We went out Friday night and had an absolute blast. It was just like I remembered it. She met a lot of my friends and they all think she's awesome. She came over last night and we watched a movie (Rango, if anyone cares. Pretty good, albeit weird, movie). Had a great time again and finally kissed her after a year. She told me she enjoyed kissing me. Also that she wanted to see me again before she went out of town this weekend.

Today, I can't stop thinking about her. I want to see her tonight but I know she's busy. I've got a softball game tomorrow night and am thinking of inviting her at the risk of the guys making fun of me just to see her.

And I'm okay with that!

e: For reference, I was with a girl for 4 years 3 years ago and haven't been with anyone on a serious level since. Haven't wanted to.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spaticus posted:

I asked a girl out...on facebook. I'm a coward. But I feel awesome that I did it.

Wanna know more about this.

Was it through a message or through chat?
If chat was it idly in the middle of conversation or did you open with that?
Also, what did she say?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

skylined posted:

Go Rays!

This like a motherfucker. That Triple Play was a thing of beauty.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

Cardinals made the playoffs. I suddenly care about post-season baseball for once.

Says the guy who's team has a World Series ring from within the past 5 years and won their division within the past two years and 6 times in the past decade.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Moved into a new place over the weekend and I absolutely love it. It's my first big purchase making me a homeowner. It's a condo but it's exactly what I want. Tons of room and cheap as hell.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Another snowstormed goon here. Spent all day reading and drinking tea!

Snowstorm? Hahaha Pfft. It's 70 degrees and sunny today. That's why my day is awesome.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just saw the set list for Music Midtown in Atlanta and immediately bought tickets.

Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Florence and the Machine
The Avett Brothers
Joan Jett
Girl Talk
T.I.
Ludacris
Blackhearts
Civil Twilight

Two days of awesome music in Piedmont Park for $100. loving sold.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lackadaisical posted:

My softball team had its first game yesterday and even though I can't even remember the last time I played, I hit the ball every time I was at bat and my team even won! :)

Hit the ball or got on base?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Esmerelda posted:

My back feels amazing today after feeling not so amazing yesterday during my belly dancing class. I am a horrible dancer but I might keep doing it if I can feel this good after.

Oh please don't sell yourself short you were great in Hunchback.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For the past 8 years I've worked for the same company. Pretty small company, maybe 300 people. Was way less than that when I started. I've hated it for 8 years because it's not what I want to do, but I could never find a job where I want to be.

Today I had a first round phone interview with an awesome company that I'd love to be a part of. Everyone in this thread has definitely heard of them as they're world-wide. I felt like I really nailed the interview and felt great coming out the other end of it.

A little while ago I sent a thank you email to the lady that I spoke with. I normally send a hand-written one but this lady mentioned she worked from home and I wasn't about to ask for her home address. About 30 minutes later I got a call from their HR director in the area telling me that she was told I had a fantastic interview and that the lady I originally spoke to loved the message I sent her. Said it was a lost courtesy to send a follow-up thank you message and it really went a long way.

She told me they wanted to get me in ASAP to meet with me and I now have a second round interview on Friday morning. I'm trying really hard not to get excited but this is everything I want in a company and if I end up getting the job I will lose my god drat mind.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Went on this thing called a Grouper last night. Basically they take three guys that are friends and pair them with three girls that are friends and send them on a happy-hour group date thing. The girls we met up with were really a lot of fun and we had a great time. More importantly I hit it off really well with one of them and we're going on a date Saturday.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

Went on this thing called a Grouper last night. Basically they take three guys that are friends and pair them with three girls that are friends and send them on a happy-hour group date thing. The girls we met up with were really a lot of fun and we had a great time. More importantly I hit it off really well with one of them and we're going on a date Saturday.

To follow up on this, the girl is just amazing. We've seen each other in some fashion every day since last Thursday and I'm loving it. She's smart and witty and absolutely beautiful. I've never gone from 0 to 60 with a girl like this but I'm really liking her a lot.

And what's better is I think she feels the same way about me. She told me last night that she appreciated and respected me as a person after we had a long, unexpected talk about our pasts and who we are and where we came from. It's such a simple compliment but it's probably the best, most meaningful compliment I've ever gotten.

I know it's only been a few days but I can't get her off my mind. I'm really excited about it and don't want to mess it up.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I turn 30 today and the Braves are playing a day game. I took the day off work and am going with a few friends that also took off to see the game.

Gonna be awesome.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got an offer letter for a new job I've been wanting. After being poo poo on for several years stuck in a go-nowhere job I finally sacked up and got out there and started looking for a new career. Found this awesome startup that has some awesome people working for it.

Dis me right now:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally have something to post about here. Every year my family goes on a big family vacation. Found out today that next year we're going to Turks and Caicos and staying here:

(taken from the site, can post more if there's interest)

It's a 6 bedroom house right on the water with an infinity pool and private beach. I'm so friggin excited.

I've always wanted to SCUBA dive and I'm going to get certified so I can go while I'm there. I wanted to try spear fishing too but apparently it's illegal there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
After almost a year and a half of being unemployed, I finally, finally found a job. The guy called me today and said he was sending me an offer letter first thing in the morning. The salary is a little less than what I wanted but the benefits are great and the company is awesome.

I'm still holding my breath because it's not technically official but I can't help but get a little excited.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally got in all my christmas presents for my girlfriend, and I'm really excited to give them to her.

It's weird, in past relationships I never felt like this. I put a lot of thought into her presents and I know that she's going to absolutely love them, and I'm really excited to give them to her.

I'm really excited to see what she got for me, too. Not because of wanting gifts, but I know that she's put a lot of thought into hers too and I'm really excited to see what she came up with. Christmas is going to be awesome this year.

She also agreed to come back from her parent's early so that we can drive a state over and see my 98 year old grandfather the day after Christmas. It just means a lot that she's leaving her family to come be with mine. My grandfather probably doesn't have much time left so him getting to meet her before that happens is huge. He's one of the most important people in my life and it's going to crush me when he goes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm counting down the days that I move to Chicago (this Sunday), and I keep getting well-wishes from people at work. The best one I got was from the president of the company; he'd received an email from one of my clients saying what a great job I've done on their account and that I'll be missed. He forwards the email on to me and congratulates me on my promotion and says that he's from Chicago and the next time he's in town he'll look me up and we'll go to a Cubs game.

It was such a little thing that the client did but it really made my day, and to have the president of the company, who I wasn't even sure was aware I existed, send me that message was great.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

I lost a thousand dollar rail pass on which a holiday I just started hinged. Obviously, that is not why my day was awesome. My day is awesome because I found it again, it was handed into the station. I didn't gently caress everything up, wooo! :dance:

Wtf why do you have a thousand dollars on a rail pass? I keep maybe 20-30 at a time on mine.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

I wrote and erased like ten posts poorly trying to explain it but tldr that's not the situation at all. Look up the Japan Rail Pass.

Ah yeah okay it's Japan. I'm over here thinking you've got a grand on a rail pass in like Chicago or NY.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

So, the place I work does not have open WiFi. There is a WiFi network, but it's only supposed to be used by managers and for clients. Us workers are not supposed to have it.

I had a meeting with my manager today. Yesterday, we had some clients visit. While in the meeting room with my manager, I saw what looked like a password written on a small whiteboard. I tried it out on the WiFi. It worked. No more using data while on my phone at work!

Might want to be careful with that. It's likely that the IT guys in your office will be able to see that you're connected and potentially what you're using the connection for.

At the very least they'll be able to see "Master Twig's iPhone" connected to the networks - not sure if that would land you in trouble or not.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Fellow intern decided to bring same kind of lunch as me. I'm a trendsetter.

Lunchables have been available for years. You didn't start nothin'

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I haven't been this motivated to actually lose weight in almost a year. Let's hope it holds out this time.

I'm in the same place, so good luck!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My parents brought me back a bottle of scotch from Scotland a while back and I finally opened it. It’s delicious.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My gf has been sick so I drove her to the dr. and then to CVS to get her prescriptions and while we were there figured out that they have peanut/tree nut and gluten free granola bars. She got all excited because she's never had a granola bar so I bought the four flavors they had and it was crazy awesome how happy she was :3:

She is both super allergic to any kind of nuts and also has celiac, so it was a big day.

I tried them and they were surprisingly pretty good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a small independent (meaning they're not affiliated with any pro club and operate on their own within a summer league) baseball team called the Savannah Bananas. Going to their games is incredibly fun even if you don't like baseball because they twist the rules of baseball into crazy poo poo like having a guy on stilts up to bat and making him run the bases. They're incredibly fan-centric and get them involved in the games. They have something like a four year running sellout streak and tickets are tough to get.

Anyway, I bought a shirt off their website from them yesterday and this morning I got a shipment notification saying it was in the mail. I thought that was pretty quick but didn't think much else of it. A little while ago I got a call from a lady that works for the Bananas that called and told me thanks for thinking of them, buying the shirt they really appreciate it and to let me know that it was in the mail. Such a small little 30 second call but it was :3: as hell and made my day.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/z9UaGUB.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ramie posted:

I replaced my mouse cursor with this:

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

Do you have to stop moving the cursor when he pauses his flapping?