Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Can we at least make sure to put the site in the post or quote?

pasoti.co.uk posted:

I'm so sorry IPB

works better than

quote:

john terry hosed wayne bridge's wife whie they were teammates in chealea, so instead of not giving him a hand shae i woud have snatched his balls and make him eat them

sorry for the nitpick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

luvd posted:

These are incredible.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

openbook.org, disparaging team names and player nicknames are a goldmine.

The worlds best scarf for a start

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It's trying to remember what fans call each other. Skates is difficult, 'gently caress skates pompey' is easier.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

sebzilla posted:

I quite like these last two.

Big Dippers v Bin Dippers made me laugh.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

quote:

RESPECT: for the manager, his staff and the players. All the players. Given the site's public stance on the last manager this was allowed to slip, if only very slightly. Given the standing of the current manager it is now back in force, with a vengeance. Criticism of actions or performances are of course allowed when backed up by evidence. Simple named calling, tittle tattle and innuendo are not. The same goes for your fellow posters. Take the piss but do it with a smile on your face and show each other a bit of common decency.

KING KENNY IS OFF LIMITS

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Couch posted:

As long as he isn't addicted to Monster Munch.

That one did le Guen lots of harm

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Stupid Bournemouth fans

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TyChan posted:

What are the soccer threads usually about, though? I find it really weird that someone would search out a specific story about club soccer that would only be of interest to a subset of fans just to launch some general attack on the sport as a whole.

Usually some sort of story on popularity of world sports

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

wow way to insult my wallpaper

Please tell me the recycle bin is over his hamstring

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

TomSellek posted:

What's wrong with infographics?

if you have to explain to your fans what an aggregate score is your argument for being World Champions of the sport is pretty heavily diminished hth

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

holy poo poo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Graeme le Saux

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

that guy really hates Romans, Picts and Saxons :(

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:stare: did rafa kill his family or something

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I thought they were dog fuckers not actual animals

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

What's bad about that post?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

SteadfastMeat posted:

Not a lot, I just love the ridiculous pomposity of it. Kind of like when Sid Lowe writes a thing and it's completely groan-inducingly wanky and pretentious but at the same time makes a fair point. It's like if John Galt was a Leeds fan

It is quite pompous but if it's going out in a fan magazine I can understand why he has the tone he does, and there are some real gems in there;

quote:

Whose dream is it, precisely, to have the best executive catering arm of the second division, to have the highest room occupancy rates in the Football League? Do any fans long for the day when they’ll see a Leeds United hotel manager lift an award for corporate hospitality?

Just for the idea of a bunch of fans kitted out standing at the back cheering.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Alex_R posted:

Why can't we all get along :(

When they fill in Swanwick with houses they'll be the same city with two clubs. That'll be fun

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The law in England and Wales is difficult because the Sexual Offences Act 2003 was a horribly written piece of legislation.

Lord Justice Rose posted:

If a history of criminal legislation ever comes to be written it is unlikely that 2003 will be identified as a year of exemplary skill in the annals of Parliamentary drafting.

Basically;
  • Anyone having sex or sexual contact with a child under 13 faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment

• Anyone in a position of trust having sex or sexual contact with a person between 13 and 18 they reasonably believe to be over 18 is fine legally.
  • If the belief is found to be unreasonable then they face a max. sentence of 6 months if they go to a Magistrates Court, or 5 years if they go to the Crown Court and have a Jury Trial.

• Anyone else having sex or sexual contact with a person aged between 13 and 16 and who they reasonably believe to be over 16 is also fine.
  • If you're over 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 14 years imprisonment.
  • If you're under 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 5 years imprisonment on indictment, 6 months summary.

It works out that if you're 89 and have sex with a 14 year old who you reasonably believed to be over 16 then that's legal, but two 15 year olds having sex together are both breaking the law. But the CPS would never prosecute because they were told not to as soon as the Act passed, because everyone knows that would be stupid.

This is a lot of words about some poo poo posts about a poo poo football player who's a poo poo.

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 15, 2011

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Xabi posted:

'Tis true though.

gently caress all apart from the Europa League medal he already has?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

That last one has to be a really good troll surely

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Did Dwain Chambers ever play a proper NFL game in the end?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

"Francos Madrid and Ferguson's United"

I can't stop laughing at that

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The Clit Avoider posted:

I don't think there's any other team in the spl who have a sizeable group of fans who genuinely believe that their football team's troubles are indicative of a low-level catholic/opus dei plot to break up the union of the UK and subjugate protestants.

Got to love the slightly veiled threat in the 'up to our knees' comment too

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

so Man City are the Yankees playing at the Superbowl?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Some twat thinks Beckham wasn't picked for Team GB because Pearce is jealous of his money :pwn:

What has everyone got against Micah Richards? What did he do?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

poor Downing, forgotten by everyone

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

By not treating Rangers fans as customers, SPL clubs have chosen a path that leads to destruction – because Sellout Saturdays and other gimmicks do not disguise the brutal truth, that truth being there is no working business model yet in the SPL which replaces the Rangers pound.

The way forward for SPL clubs is to acknowledge that the patronage of the vast and fervently loyal Rangers support is the engine on which Scottish football runs.

This means that these clubs must recognise Rangers supporters as VIP customers and woo them accordingly.

It remains to be seen if they have the humility, as well as the good sense, to do so.

Where did you find that, that's amazing

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Olewithmilk posted:

This man is insane.

what the gently caress is wrong with him

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Lol poo poo like this ignores completely things like transfer windows, tactics, changes of personnel etc.

I was attacking him more for the idea that you can boil football down to statistics than I was his methodology ninpo

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It sounds like someones coded a 'Bloke in the pub > Dortmund fan' translation engine and it's working.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

jre posted:

Not as embarrassing as needing a 93 minute penalty to beat East Fife.

Why do you care? You've argued over and over again that they're not Rangers, so why give a poo poo?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

This can only end well

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

trem_two posted:

NYCFC are brewing up some fair trade organic fan culture

Will the capos be enforcing the nicknames?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Anyone who serious posts a link to grantland should have that in their probation reason