Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yes! A new chapter of Wizard's Soul! I am overly hype for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It's time for some children's card games!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, Last Game is probably my favorite frustrating Shoujo series currently running.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Have a competent shoujo protagonist, thread.

I started reading Colette Decides to Die because it had a strange icon with skull headed guys surrounding our main character that looked too cheerful for the title. I was rewarded for my curiosity with a cute story of an overworked doctor who decides to end it all, but in the underworld becomes the doctor to Hades, (who's a bishounen, of course) and reminded why she became a doctor in the first place. Strong ties to Greco-Roman myth, and a solid female lead. 7 chapters translated so far.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The best news.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Intense alchemy action? Honestly not really. I like the characters, the relationships and the art is cute. I don't consider it outstanding, but I do enjoy it greatly.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yes.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Speaking of Mahoutsukai no Yome, it's apparently getting an OVA, in case some people don't read the season thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoCwUzbkfdk

Looks pretty!

Holy poo poo that's gorgeous!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I'd much rather it have 3 amazingly beautiful OAVs then see it get DEENed for 13+ episodes.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I keep finding and reading shoujo series with bizarre magic settings. Here's one about a princess who marries a king 145 years her senior. Oh, and he doesn't have a head. It's pretty cute. :3:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

also new Yona, but I'm not linking that since I don't have it open.

Here you go. Again, just read this chapter, as the next one after this is a 4 chapter jump.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yona 114. Still the hole to chapter 117 taunts me.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

In short order after filling in the void, we've got Yona 119!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

CAAAAARD GAMES!

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 30, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I know it's been a while, but..

Ojojojo is still adorable.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I know it's only 2 chapters so far, but those 2 chapters are pretty cute.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Well, the OP does need an update. I'd like to redo the series recommendation list, but does anyone know of a site I can set up a poll where goons can write in entries?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Huh, apparently she likes German board games.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

German board games are generally pretty neat, they are known for really good game design. So, good pick, Fujiwara.

yeah, I was just thinking of some of the games with bleaker themes and trying to figure out what that means about her.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Oh hey, new Tomo-

...chan?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Caitlin posted:

All the anime and manga I know is old stuff

If you want to double down on that, read Sukeban Deka. A shoujo manga from the late 70s about badass delinquent school girl who becomes an undercover cop.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

There are 9 volumes of My Love Story that are out so far in English. The anime ends with a plot line that should wrap up in volume 10. There are some side stories that didn't get adapted for the anime, but if you're looking for new stuff past the part time job arc, you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Let me make things better with Ojojojo.

Alternatively you could have your card playing fortune told with a new Wizard Soul!

Edit: Also 2 new chapters of Shirayukihime.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 11, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Oh hey, another chapter of that manga about the princess and the headless king got translated. I'd been thinking about it lately because the beast king one felt sorta similar.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 11, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It was a good day for manga today.

Chihayafuru, Otoyomegatari, and Mahoutsukai no Yome all updated today.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Colette receives divine protection.

Edit: Carol status, still the best

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 29, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Change it to "JUST KISS ALREADY" instead, for real.

I never had a funny thread title in mind, so this isn't a terrible idea. Unless someone's got something better? And how do you get a title change anyway? PM the mod?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

edit: There was a new chapter of Yona here, but it's gone now.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 8, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

coathat posted:

Volume 10 of My Love Story is extremely good.

Does it finish up the bakery story line? Does it start a new one?

Edit: Lets put some manga here!

Several confessions in Chihayafuru!
and Livi suffers greatly in order to save Nike in But Still the World is Beautiful

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 10, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Ok, here's an "effort" post of a bunch of crap that I've been reading lately, in no particular order.

edit: all links Batoto, except for Usotoki Rhetoric which is on Mangahere.

Kimi ni Todoke updated with two new chapters after almost an entire year of silence. I know the last story line annoyed a bunch of people, but it really feels like it's pushing toward the end game with these two chapters.

Itsuya-san finished up it's second and final volume. It's a seinin story about a boy who really only has his grandmother who's started to fall into dementia. He's taken in by the substitute teacher who can't draw, but she has a strange power to bring her drawings to life. There's not too much there, but it's a well felt drama and not too long.

Madame Petit features a murder on the Orient Express! Our young heroine's new much older husband is found dead on their first night on the famous train, and she takes it upon herself to solve the mystery. Her adventures continue in Paris after the mystery is solved.

Usotoki Rhetoric follows a girl who moves far away because she can always hear when people are lying. Set in the first year of the Showa era (1926), she is taken in by a penniless detective who can put her ability to good use and help protect her from the type of scorn she faced in her old town.

Palace Meidi is a cute shoujo story in a fictional Meiji era Japan where the female emperor lives in the inner palace, attended by young boys who have the unique ability to act as liaisons between the ladies of the inner palace and gentleman of the outer palace. Our main character is one of those boys who totally falls for the emperor.

Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederu takes place in 19th century London. Our main character is poor but she can see ghosts. She's taken in by a handsome young count. Turns out it's not ghosts she can see but vampires, which he fights! The most recent chapter goes into why he's so obsessed with her.

Kami-sama Gakuen @ Armeria is probably the dumbest fluffy shoujo thing I've ever read. I can't stop reading it for some reason, and I can't bring myself to describe it, so I'm copy-pasting from Batoto here: "Yanagawa Rokuhana is a student from Armeria - a school where only 30 students are attending. Little did Yanagawa realized that she was actually the chosen one by God to protect the world from the almighty, God of the Death."

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 20, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

:sparkles: What the gently caress did I just read :sparkles:

Yeah. That's a good description.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Mirage posted:

I just hope it's recognizably the same shrine as from Fujiyama.

That would go to explain the last page and a half.

Ali Alkali posted:

Someone is translating Irie Aki's short stories again, it is great.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gunjou-Gakusha/Vol-003-Ch-020--Red-Roofed-House?id=325823

I want to thank you, because this got me to read all the chapters of this, and then all of Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

GIVE ME THE FLUFFIEST, WAFFIEST, SHOUJOIEST YOU'VE GOT.

Baron Snow posted:

Kami-sama Gakuen @ Armeria is probably the dumbest fluffy shoujo thing I've ever read. I can't stop reading it for some reason, and I can't bring myself to describe it, so I'm copy-pasting from Batoto here: "Yanagawa Rokuhana is a student from Armeria - a school where only 30 students are attending. Little did Yanagawa realized that she was actually the chosen one by God to protect the world from the almighty, God of the Death."

If anyone feels this way and didn't click this link the last time I posted it, it's still the best/worst I got.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

In the latest chapter of Nozaki, Miko-rin's sudden and inevitable betrayal

Edit: URL and TIMG tags don't play well together.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 23, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I bring the thread a Taisho era romance. Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi

Our male lead is Tamahiko, a depressed young man from a wealthy family who has been sent off to live on his own after a car accident robs him of the use of his right arm. Our female lead is Yuzuki, who has been bought by his father to be his bride and caretaker. The art and story so far have been rather adorable. There are 9 chapters up so far and the last one ties up a story arc so it's a good point to jump in on.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

He's 16, she's 14, and that's pretty much the only time it happens. It's a cute series otherwise.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

A new chapter shoujo vampire hunting. It's.. an Easter special?

Of course you should know about a new Yona.

Merry Christmas shoujo thread.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Most of what Everything Burrito just said, but about Last Game having a bonus chapter.

Edit: there's also no omake at the end, so it's pretty much just a bonus chapter of Last Game. Enjoy finding out what their dating is like now that both of them know what it is!

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 26, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Speaking of drama, OK not really, it's a new chapter of Colette Decides to Die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I'm personally thrilled by this, but I know that last panel is gonna reflect some goon opinions of this returning.