Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
The iOS app doesn't have multitasking? That there is reason enough not to bother with an online sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

He was only doing 20% of the shows he did during his first three years, so an 80% paycut seems pretty reasonable.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Without Bubba on the schedule, there's no reason to keep TWUS on until 12 because they don't have to program up to Bubbas show at 3.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

-Atom- posted:

Somebody get Jeff Schick on the phone.

He works for IBM,the most innovative consumer electronics company in the world.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

A kidney transplant on a cat? This woman will be broke 2 years after the show ends.

Where does one even get a cat kidney?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Welp, according to @rqui Robins cats' kidney transplant was from a donor, who is still alive, not a euthanized cat.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

burmart posted:

I assume so. He's doing all that stuff for the Johnny Fratto Social club. I can't think of a single other thing that does but give Eric the Midget a platform.

He's also involved with/founded something called The Beverly Hills Choppers, obviously a motorcycle club. Somehow they struck a deal with BRATZ toys for their logo to be featured on their dolls, so that's got to be worth a decent amount of dough.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I guess Carolla is a logical choice because he does a show almost everyday, but there are much much better podcasts out there than his. They just don't fit the 5 day a week mold.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

The Bubba android app is terrifyingly bad. I think Bubba wrote it himself. http://m.radioio.com works pretty well though.

The iOS app has a landing/splash page...

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Being a new listener, I'd love some YouTube links that display evidence that Benjy isn't a total idiot.

Just remember that 60% of the funny, one off, things that Howard says are written by Benji.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just checking in after five years (haven't listened since 2009). But those of you who are still subscribed, what are you paying these days? I ask because I just bought a new car, which came with 3 free months.

I've heard siriusxm tries to charge you more based on the make of your car (Mercedes). Has anyone found this to be true?

I'm thinking I'd max out at $75/year for it for the music stuff alone. Since I don't listen to Howard and I could just stream iTunes Radio in my car, Sirius overall has lost most of its appeal.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cliche Guevara posted:

Gilbert's podcast rules. That is all.

Is it mostly him laughing while someone reads tragic news stories?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just renewed at the $30 for 6 months and it pretty clearly tells you on the website that it will automatically bill you at the higher rate at the end of the six months. You have to check a box to agree to it and everything.

I just used a credit card that expires between now and then.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I love UYD, but they are extremely niche and definitely an acquired taste.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've always found it fascinating that Ronnie essentially gave up on his marriage because he wanted to travel around promoting these strip clubs.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When I listened regularly (2002 - 2009) the news was far and away the best segment of the show. It's a shame that stuff doesn't find its way into the Best of segments at all.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok goons what, in your opinion, is the most ridiculous or dumb thing a wack packer has done? There's so much to choose from with ETM, but listening to some 2009 clips, I'd have to say when he called Johnny at 3am and woke his infant son. With a 10-month-old myself, I think I would have thrown him down a long flight of stairs for that one. And to have him not even apologize or feel sorry or stupid for it just drives me loving nuts.

Second to that would be HPE and Joey Boots in the Craptacular. Jesus christ :psyduck:

In December, when my son was 8 months old, a pizza driver accidentally rang my door bell 20 minutes after he fell asleep. Thank goodness I'm not a gun owner.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Whatever you guys are describing with dipping sauces and whatnot isn't pizza. It's Dominos or its Papa Johns, but it's not pizza. :colbert:

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

I read GTD. It is an excellent book. The two minute rule might be the greatest productivity rule I have ever heard. The next action step is crucial also. Still, it is a book about organizing your projects and tasks. How can anyone be a zealot for it?

I agree 100%. The 2 minute rule essentially eliminated 'laziness' from my life completely. GTD is the real deal.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

If you get stuck on something for two minutes, go do

[quote="Irish Joe" post="449291720"]
If you get stuck on something for two minutes, go do something else for awhile.

He actually keeps it fairly clean on his movie podcast. Of course, he doesn't hesitate to dive right in when a guest pushes the right button (see: Ed Asner, Josh Grobin).

Not quite. It's more like if you have a task that can be done in less than two minutes, do it now. Don't put it off.

You can accomplish a remarkable amount 2 minutes at a time.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sand Monster posted:

It's all an illusion to hide the real reason he's being fired: Benjy was the mole that leaked that audio of the internal staff meeting where Howard was telling the staff to create fake Twitter accounts.

https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/1130948440479768576?s=21

The most shocking part of this is that Howard puts this much work into booking guests at all.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Squashy Nipples posted:

That's just how book sales are now.
I suspect that Howard won't be at the top of the NYTimes Bestseller list for long, after his fans and the people sucked in by the initial media push buy their copies, I think it's gonna fall off hard... No long tail for Howie.

That said, I think Howard is going to do well selling books at places like Costco.

I saw the book for $19 at Costco the week it was released, I was pretty shocked since it was listed for $35 on Amazon.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Probably a glitch since they just overhauled all subscriptions to include access to the app for no additional cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

My memory could be off, but according to ‘my memory’ I found Amanda hotter than his current wife? I did google her but very few pictures. According to Reddit (that’s a big according) is they did swing, but it almost sounds closer to the ‘hot wife’ or ‘cuck’ lifestyle (plus rumors of her and Bubba’s ex?). Interesting given the direction Brent seems to be headed now.

Wasn’t Bubba into some form of the hot wife lifestyle? He was into recording his wife loving his friends (Hogan) and watching it?

There's a really excellent book about the Hogan / Gawker / Peter Thiel thing called "Conspiracy: Peter Thiel, Hulk Hogan, Gawker, and the Anatomy of Intrigue" by Ryan Holiday. Bubba is a total dirtbag and was secretly recording Hogan (and likely others) specifically to blackmail them and/or sell the tapes to tabloids.