Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

SO, Netflix has been putting up every episode of SNL for streaming and the other night I came across the episode with Howard from when he was promoting Private Parts. Yikes...it was awful.
Do you have the date?

Also, that's funny that you think it is so bad, as didn't Howard spazz out about wanting TOTAL control over the writing of his segment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

"Its better than 99% of the other poo poo out there" isn't really a good excuse for a show losing quality.
i'm simply waiting for a Ronnie aneurysm at a Rick's appearance, then i'm out.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

sedative posted:

I'm not defending Sirius or their ridiculous contracts, but look at it this way: they were only getting exclusive content one day a week. Out of 52 Fridays last year I'd be surprised if he was live for more than 35-40 of them. $200,000 isn't really bad for ~35 live shows and a rebroadcast of a terrestrial radio show. He should have taken the money.
I agree. It's like a syndication deal that would help him sell merchandise to truckers.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Bonzo posted:

How far to you think Depace is going to put his foot in his mouth over this Tuscon thing?
depends if he is provoked. ie, what do you think howard's take will be?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

"Baggy clothes make you look thin." - Howard Stern
lol I caught that too.

He is certifiably insane.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Kind of annoying how Howard said today that he doesn't foresee ever having Artie in the studio.
Annoying, but not at all surprising. It sucks.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
It's impossible not to like Richard.

(The interviewer, on the other hand...)

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I like Artie's new show okay, but it's a bit too much affectation for me. It's like no one can talk properly, and - most importantly - they all play up on that fact. Like a working-class accent pride parade. "We're here! We can't speak! Now listen to us!"

Edit: And for those that think I am just being an elitist douche, my childhood home is literally 2.2 miles from where Artie went to high school. No one loving talks like he does in our neighborhood.

And I don't know where Nick is from, but he sounds like a bad actor from Iowa doing his "tough guy" accent for a casting director.

IzzyFnStradlin fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 20, 2011

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

chiz posted:

Izzy,so you pronounce "eggs" as "aiegs?"
lol I will admit to pronouncing "eggs" like "eeeeeehgs."

(i am not completely devoid of my roots, after all)

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

It was a bit grating when he was talking about the football game being cancelled because of cold weather. Especially when I'm working construction and freezing my rear end off in State College, PA. gently caress cold weather.

Artie did mention that Nick is just an angry guy all the time, which makes it even funnier to me because the only chance he gets to rant is probably on the radio. The story about the guy coming to his door and hitting on his wife, then the subsequent tree trickery in his yard had me laughing good.

By the way, Will Ferrell does heroin.

I'm so tired of hyper-masculine regional-accent shitheads. At least Artie has some sense of self-awareness. But Nick is just a piece of poo poo.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Trot_to_Trotsky posted:

Also the greatest prank ever, and sweet retribution for Scott the Engineer: "Niggerless Cage! Pameler Anderson! And me, I'm Stuttering John!"
The fact that it was Scott getting one over on somebody made it all the more classic, because he is such a sad sack haha.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

prefect posted:

Pictures of Howard's third daughter (Ashley) having fun at a party have gotten onto the Internet: http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/16430-Ashley-Stern-has-passion-in-her-pants-and-she-ain-t-afraid-to-show-it
Howard always did have a fondness for lesbianism...

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

N&A show is so great. Even if you find Nick mildly annoying like I do, it's still awesome, especially now that they have interns.
Anyone have any good clips to post? I want to listen, but don't know where to start. (I have been checking out some of the ones already posted, and enjoy those)

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Sasquatch! posted:

...they'd have to replace her with somebody.
My vote's for Beth O.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Given Robin's history, my theory is that the "grapefruit-sized object" up there is actually a grapefruit.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I think I heard an interview once where claimed that she should get credit for the success of jack-rear end because she was a gross-out humor pioneer.
Hot chicks think they are funny b/c guys laugh uproariously at anything they do/say that is mildly comedic. It's not really their fault; they are just surrounded by horny "yes men"

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

kylej posted:

favorite Alice moment is short but sweet. she blurts out "What the hell you laughin' at you fat bald-headed human being" at Jackie which you can tell Fred absolutely loves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6165p3ivCgI&t=4m23s
i didn't realize that alice was on the show in the pre-artie days. did she take like a hiatus, and then start calling again?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Manifest posted:

Somebody rape me for cryin out loud!
I feel like blowin' my mind up!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Manifest posted:

The whack pack used to be an ever changing group of misfits, but now that every insane person with a radio can't just turn him on and call in we're stuck with loving Bobo.
Yeah, it's like if you have a checking account with a debit card, can you really be in the wack pack?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Manifest posted:

Also Los Angeles is better than New York. Sorry Gary.
Sir, what do you do for a living?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Kelly posted:

Was anyone else gobsmacked when Ronnie said the GWB was an alternate route to get to Newark? There are three ways to Jersey from NYC and that is the worst of the bunch if you are trying to get to Newark.

Ronnie really isn't good at anything.
It's the "scenic route" through the "meadow lands".

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Manifest posted:

What good is 3 million dollars when you've got two years before heart disease or heroin addiction kills you?
At least it'll cover the forklift needed to lower him into his grave

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Seriously what the gently caress was that video? I only started listening to Stern in 2002. This is not the grumpy old gently caress Howard that I know
Even in that video, though, he seems very stiff and uptight...like calculated fun, like he's not really enjoying himself.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I tuned into N&A a bit late, why'd Artie go to jail in Paris?
Why was Artie in Paris to being with? Seems out of character.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Gee...where have I heard that before?

I really don't buy that he's clean. Part of recovery is learning to deal with things around you and how to react like a normal human being.
Is he working a program of recovery, or just white-knuckling sobriety? Cause simply taking the alcohol away from a drunk degenerate leaves a degenerate.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
What did he do this time?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Is this a new update to the same shitgate that was going on several years ago, or are you guys just reminiscing?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
And Artie loves pancakes.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

-Atom- posted:

As mentally crazy as Howard is it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow feels like he's to blame for Artie's suicide attempt.

I kind of feel like Howard thinks its for the baby gorillas own good to be essentially shut out from the Howard Stern Show in hopes it doesn't drag him back to where he was that night with the knife set.
My theory kind of goes the other way - Howard demands complete loyalty and devotion from the people he surrounds himself with, and if he doesn't feel like he is getting it, he cuts that person completely out of his life, almost like they never existed. Ie, Artie "betrayed" him, and thus is no more.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
They were created by man we can solve em by man

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, finally comments worth reading, haha, oh man, those stern "fans" know how to be brutal in the best way.
The amazon user reviews and tags for "Oh My Dog" are a perennial favorite of mine...

My dog is only working three days a week posted:

Harrible book. Harrible author.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Former Human posted:

But remember what happened to Robert Schimmel: his doctor claimed his cancer treatment left him sterile but he ended up having two more kids.
AND NOW HE'S DEAD!! Feh!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

musclecoder posted:

And Ronnie said Langford is now looking for a job again. They should bring him back and have both Jon Lieberman and Langford going after everyone there.
There is no way Howard would allow someone who quit to come back. Langford's dead to him.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Wasco Jr. posted:

He has the beard and hair of a homeless man
It's rock star hair!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

I'd probably be really upset if Scott the Engineer and Ronnie the Limo Driver tried to do something funny too
To be fair, Scott was responsible for one of the top show pranks - the Stuttering John Tonight Show audition tape. (Ronnie on the other hand...)

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I wonder if Yucko is going to be on the show as himself since is show is going on comedy central in a few weeks.
I'm actually really glad Yucko finally caught a break...it seemed like nothing was going his way for many years.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
This all sounds harribly complicated. I'll just pay Teddy to do it.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Haha that's outstanding!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Must be a Targzissian.

hahahaha (What ever happened to Riley Martin btw?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Sal is starting to kinda look like Will.