Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Listening to that clip you posted... I really miss the pace of the old show... :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Chicken Butt posted:

That’s wild, because this interview was a big deal for Howard — it was quite an honor for him to be invited for a long, in-depth interview on Dave’s limited-run, post-retirement show. Howard talked about it extensively on his show, before and afterwards.

Hopefully, he's just playing it up not actually suffering from dementia.. :(

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

something something pat Robertson letter

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I like how Robin supported Jackie before he went, and when he comes back she piles on. Delicious!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

beep by grandpa posted:

peewee's note house

It's really distressing when I learn about celebrity deaths through this thread.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

He was pretty mean to Rosie O'Donnell too

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

parthenocarpy posted:

God drat the Gary pitch is so great. I forgot Jimmy Kimmel had gary recreate the pitch three times, hitting a woman in the audience right on the forehead. Then Kimmel gets Robin on the show. With high heels, she nails the pitch, because of course she gets the chance to outdo Gary.

I think I remember that the woman in the audience died? Unrelated probably

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

How's Howard done a show since the Hamas attack? I imagine his show will be unlistenable for awhile.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Squashy Nipples posted:

Hey guys, been a while. My only friend who listened to Stern died from covid, so you guys are all I have left. :smith:

Anyway, I still listen to the show podcast style, from beginning to end, but I skip whole segments these days. Pretty much 100% of the time a Benjy or High-pitch segment comes on, I find my myself skipping ahead. I'm starting to skip Larry, too, that guy got old a long time ago.

Clearly though, the big issue is Mike cheaping out on his wedding gift to Steve. I used to like the guy, his Hulk bits always cracked me up. And now I think less of him, and not so much for his shockingly cheap gift, but for his total lack recalcitrance later... he was a huge jerk about about the whole thing, never seemed remotely apologetic.

We speak your name

I also listen to the show the same way but I've fallen way behind since covid since I don't drive to work any more. I'm only at June 2021 and I'm left hoping he retires so I have a chance at catching up.

I skip whole segments too and the show is overall pretty boring. It's the same skits over and over again or talking to Ronnie about his sex life. When he has a guest on I give it a few minutes to see if it's any good but I usually end up skipping the entire show.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

So she still has cancer but with modern treatments is able to keep it in check. We didn't know any of this right?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I think I remember hearing that the voice talent took paycuts awhile ago to keep it going. Smart move!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

What does it mean that 'he was the mole'. Was he spying on people for upper management?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Bababooey is my kids codeword for 'stop!' (like if I'm tickling them). It's my greatest achievement ever.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was out of my mind back then Robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0avk3oVgs

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Wow, that was unexpected. My first thought was that it was suicide but I guess he died during a surgical procedure.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I just realized I'm probably going to hear him a few times since I'm so behind on listening... currently at June 2021. Has he been on a lot since then?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

There's too many leaps in your theory but I shall choose to believe every word of it.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Lifespan posted:

The Howard Stern Reddit is the perfect example of why I hate Reddit. Those people loving hate the show and everyone on it to an unhealthy level but appear to continue listening to every minute. This thread is more than willing to (fairly) throw poo poo, but I never get the impression anyone here is posting through clenched teeth.

I used to follow the stern subreddit but eventually unsubscribed because it was non-stop hate. I checked it out recently (Before Ralph died) and it seemed not quite as toxic as it once was at least.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

My second post in this thread referenced this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8se6Z4-6v8

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Arson Daily posted:

My new car had its Sirius sub canceled almost to the day I bought it 6 months later. now I get 1-2 emails from them a day asking me to come back and no amount of email tricks can keep that spam from getting to me. I'm tempted to call them and ask for a dollar a month for 5 years but I can't see that working out.

Log in to your old account and change your email and home address (maybe change it to Sirius HQ).

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It probably sounded something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQq52mFcL1c&t=31s

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Happy Birthday Howard

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

What about the poo poo show?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can you clarify what you mean so I can follow your warning without any curious need to do otherwise? Because I kind of want to google her.

A bunch of fake sites/articles detailing the death of ray stern, one of which said she died in 2021. It all looks like a generic 'celebrity' obituary. I had adblock on but I assume there were a ton of ads on each site.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The things I miss most about the old Stern Show are the parody songs like the Cabbie song above and Robins news

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Daniel Mendelson wrote a Ralph tribute song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2FKTYBbh7g

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Don't watch that video if you don't want to feel bad for her. It's extremely disturbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Riley would have found his calling on Cameo