Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Posting to say this thread is awesome and I'm glad its still going. Count me in as a mechwarrior for whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Hogarth and Suburbanmech

Same here for my votes.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

B

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hey can I take over the griffin please?
edit: definitely let me take over the griffin gently caress all ferrosols

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Sep 21, 2013

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ferrosol posted:

well I've been a naugty boy. Will try and get my moves in ASAP this time.

I will trial of possession your poo poo on legends to get your slot in this gay game, give it to me baby.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Welcome to the pwnzone Anime Goon Half Lance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Point Zero Player MVP: Ferrosol.
Yantai Reservation Player MVP: Tiny.
Opforce MVP: Cicada.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

A

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

We'd be seeing rolls to not kill its own engine if it had a supercharger

Who said those rolls haven't been made. I don't think Poptarts has to disclose any rolls that the NPCs don't do thats noncombat related.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

C and A

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

MVPs: Warhawk and Crab.

I'll vote this too yeah why not.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Artificer posted:

B and H

I just can't resist mystery, and Clan infighting.

Bis the right thing and also H could be anything. It could even be a boat!

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 22, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

C. Support Clan Ice Hellion’s right to invade the Inner Sphere.

Abjuration of the Ice Hellions will lead to all the Clans fighting a single Clan. Letting the Ice Hellions invade if they damned well want to will lead to all the Clans fighting all the other Clans.

Anything that maximizes Clan infighting is okay by me.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, I wouldn't worry about basements. The only way I'd do those is if they were fixed, and that's not fair to the players since I always know... where...

I need a non-player volunteer from the thread who is going to be available for the duration of the mission!

HI how can I help?!?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

3 B

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MVPs: Wasp and Slyphs

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

B

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

C

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Confirming I'm here and ready to ROCK!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

So much gauss, player 1, duct tape down the gauss rifle firing button, you got a 12 to hit? take it, you have 40 shots to burn through.

Baby its me, the mandozer. Who the gently caress are you kidding here?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge, walk forward with me and lets deal with the bloodhound when he inevitably rounds the building to say hi. I believe that the Nightstar should set up an overwatch at 1204 or basically anywhere ahead of him that gives partial cover. Maelstorm needs to make his way to the checkpoint and buzz the secondary objective with some PPC fire at 0517 whenever he gets LoS. Bloodhound needs to die asap and wyvern is definitely a good target of opportunity if he jumps from behind that building and wants to eat gauss. I'm expecting bad shots until we can get to the checkpoint and actually have some room to maneuver.

Also orders in.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 17, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Yeah don't even bother moving anywhere except to get a good firing position. Let me, the cerb, and the maelstorm get in the town and handle things for now.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

Maybe that's why we have active probes!?!? That covered dome in 1017 is mighty suspicious, what with the mech standing right outside it's entrance, and the little barricade out front.

also yea that terrain is really rough on the left. I think I was still thinking about the Nightstar version with jumpjets, which would help a lot more.

Good call! Goon lance you wanna go ahead and level that building since we got no good targets anyway? It would probably help sell the raid aspect anyway.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Unless we are brawling near the HPG i think we will be ok.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, I don't think we oughta risk it, honestly. Remember, we're trying not to piss off the ComGuard - that means it's not enough to not damage the HPG. We also have to make sure that the ComGuard doesn't think we'd even think of damaging the HPG.

e: Yes, I fully expect the Capellans to cotton to this and start positioning themselves with the HPG at their back. A bridge to be crossed once we reach it.

Speaking of the bridge to be crossed, does it look like it can handle 95ton mech traffic before the capellans get the idea of slagging it? My war dog would be prime to just walk the bridge in a few turns in one go and "crash" through the checkpoint like purple kool aid man.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can someone explain again how active probes and tags and ecm and guardian ecm and angel ecm and all that work?

Seconded cause while I'm not a battle tech newbie and I know what my ECM does in general, gently caress if I'm going to read total warfare at all if ever.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

paragon1 posted:

I suggest taking out fast movers first, so you can maneuver more freely. Especially if they oblige you by remaining sitting ducks at the checkpoint to start with.

Bloodhound in particular could be annoying. The pilot is the one guy who isn't slacking it. We have freedom to maneuver by virtue of carrying abundant pulse and heavy firepower. We move where we please and anything that goes for one of us fights all of us. I just don't want a bloodhound or even the flea behind us. Sha Yu can kite about as well and has a TAG which is very concerning.

Really the only thing I don't fear is the wyvern because the moment it shows up we're going to core it.

AtomikKrab posted:

You have the first move on the enemy and they have 0 move mods, try to get into los and do some nice sweet long range gauss fire, on that flee, maybe devote 1 gauss round to the checkpoint and if you nail it with a "missed" shot, hooray?

My check confirms all players can easily get the flea into los and range of some sweet sweet gauss,

Remember a mech CAN climb a two level height distance hex for 3 movement points. (a one height change is 2 movement points as we are experienced with.)

good luck and :getin: And murder that flea round 1, I want some bloodshed.

Concur, kill the flea. I for sure will be within medium range just by walking 3 and DCB's cerb will be at long. Maybe he can elect to stay put this turn and shoot the poo poo out of the flea so we get a good chance of a kill or maiming turn 1. A gauss to the CT is goodbye. It makes sense for me to move in closer for the flea for shots on a 8 as opposed to a 9. 9s for standing the gently caress still and wasting the flea are pretty good odds imo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FIRST BLOOD!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Affi posted:

The flea is standing next to the checkpoint right? Just shoot at it again with more guns and "miss a couple"

No, I'm gonna koolaid man through that poo poo and bust it. Speaking of which, running onto the bridge and firing on the 0517 mechbay with a gauss and LPL to expose it and complete the secondary objective of damaging it. DivineCoffeeBinge: The pilot of the bloodhound is furious, moved for +3 and has partial cover for a total of +4 to hit. I wouldn't even expose myself to him, I'd probably just keep advancing and let him close with us so we can all drop him. Nightstar should be in position by turn 3 to just stand and deliver so he's dead meat.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 21, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Note that the War Dog is already shooting at it, so let's be sure to damage, not destroy.

e: though doing so partly with an LPL that is way out of range

Do we want to risk over-CFing the bridge? Going around might be wise.

I'm swapping to the wyvern I'll send updated orders.

Edit: new orders in. Walking to 1507 and taking a gauss potshot at the wyvern. Gonna rush across the bridge next turn and get to busting the checkpoint by seeing how far I can punt the guard shack across the street. Unless the Bloodhound wants to get close and cerb/nightstar can't deal with it.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 22, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm gonna move on in and shoot up the bloodhound and keep on him. Next turn I'm breaking the checkpoint open.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bloodhound shouldn't have run in front of his checkpoint if he didn't want to be responsible for the misses. These Capellan mediums are just too drat fast for my slow reflexes!

You're a loving retard I was gonna kick the checkpoint this turn and make it look like my wardog was busting through it indiscriminately to run down a capellan mech. Make up for it by putting gauss rifles into capcon chests.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 30, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You used up all your luck on the Flea; you'd have blown the PSR and crushed Cousin Carlos.

You're welcome.

Good point, all guns on the bloodhound so we only have to worry about the sha yu running about?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

A gauss shot hitting the checkpoint and maybe one targeted to a nearby building would look like a sloppy gunner firing before he had a good fix on the bloodhound. 2 Gauss rifles smashing clean into the checkpoint looks deliberate. We can make up for it by being super aggressive to the capellan mechs and not giving them time to think on it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Missing orders for the War Dog. I know you're around, so either the deadline snuck up on you or something happened IRL.

If you need an extension please let me know as soon as you can.

Deadline snuck up on me, whilst trying to fix my sleep cycle so i can do THINGS. Question about orders are in. Also a go to order if there is any doubt.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kill the cappies. Pop tarts can we get a line to the comstar guys?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Setting my ECM to ghost targets and stepping to 1015 facing SW. Gonna blast the poo poo out of the wyvern on the way to making the bloodhound pay. Broadcast this in the clear.

"Hey Bloodhound jock, we saw that poo poo. I dunno what they teach you but here in the Free Worlds Leagues" *shoots the poo poo out of the Wyvern "Soldiers fight SOLDIERS! Comstar forces approaching our position we have no quarrel with you. All we're here for are these wannabe mechjocks lives."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwaihir: Leg the bloodhound and leave the pilot for comstar. Gotta prove our innocence. Then get ready to keep the rest of the cappies busy. No one shoot comstar till they shoot us first. I say this as the guy who has a Lightray ON MY rear end. I'm gonna gently caress up the Wyvern. It should be cored after this turn one way or the other. If not it'll still be hurting.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 6, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Use the shooting phase to leg the fucker. Only use your small/medium lasers and declare that you are targeting his leg. You can do this cause the dude is KO'd and you don't get any modifiers to shoot said part (Unless you go for the head which is like a +3 or something). Even better cause you are right next to him. Just cut the leg off and if the mech is somehow still standing, kick the poo poo out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Is the grand Titan a capcon or comstar design. If it's comstar leave it alone if it's capcon blow it up.

• Locked thread