Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Good thing Devlin Stone decided the best thing to do to foster a strong national identity was piss everyone off by forcibly relocating entire planetary populations at massive expense in an effort to "end racism"

I don't mind the Dark Ages and what happened after, but holy poo poo Devlin Stone was a dumbass

Yeah, the parallels between how the ROTS was 'blessed' into existence and the creation of the Israeli State has always made that setting a tad uncomfortable for me.

Then again, if you didn't plant the seeds of its destruction during its creation, it wouldn't be very Battletech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's a few decades off, but... 'Mech?

Is it wearing a Red or White Keikogi?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

and placed into the Scientist Caste

Septs and Treys and Uns, oh my!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
C) Become Warlord of the Hell’s Horses Reservation (Hell’s Corridor)

Yeah, this can't go wrong; I'm sensing a Nova Cat type subplot brewing with this.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

It makes sure that neither side wants to shoot at each other because 40% of them are your own people.

Wonderful.

Time to break out the ultra-conservative splinter groups on both sides because 'Their Water cannot Mix with Our Water'.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

paragon1 posted:

Maybe this time the Fed/Draconis border will be the one relatively peaceful border in the Inner Sphere! :v:

Possible; the Horses under Roberts become the 'free trade cordon peacekeepers', with special agents and everything.

Kinda like the sectional 'police' along the Silk Road.

Hell, look at the backlash against 'Open Borders' globally these past two years, and apply that to the IS.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Narsham posted:

The Dream Team lineup (that probably will never happen) would be the King Cobra, Korean Robert in whatever, Dadlas and JagerMom, all as one big lethal family.

What you really should be considering is the OPFOR to throw against this line-up.

Add in the Screamer to make it a Star, and have them face off against an Assault Cluster for the ultimate Trial of Refusal with the upcoming Clan Invasion - Second Wave.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

thetruegentleman posted:

Battle of Tukayyid Two: Clan Crew Hullabaloo. All the fan favorites thrown together to face down a bunch of Clan Khans and their command squads.

I like it, have the Trial of Refusal be Tukayyid style with the thread favs instead of the canon Strana Mechty one-on-one.

Caballeros (I personally don't like them), Death Commandos, Hawks, Hanse, Uncle Chandy, Korean Roberts, Red Corsair, Steiner Boxing Rules, Wrassling Pirates, and all the others I've forgotten.

thetruegentleman posted:

Big down side is that I can only see it happening when PTN wants to either change the thread or end it.

How do you figure? Plenty of story left to tell, just because you stop the Clans, doesn't mean history ends. Heck, we had 3 Eras after the Clans in-canon.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Defiance Industries posted:

Wonder if there's any blank versions of the background used for TRO pages floating around. I was thinking about how we have our own TRO entries and then I was like "hey wait making PDFs is part of my job now, I totally know how to make that."

Please post when ready!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

. . . after the Hell’s Horses took Luthien, I was separated from someone. I have not found her yet, but—”

D'awww, dude's actually got a heart after all. :sparkles:

Vote: Red Dawn

C'mon people, this is our version of Task Force Serpent!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

LeadSled posted:

A. Hell, this time the Wolverines are on the invading side! Maybe.

I'm pretty sure they are; didn't Uncle Stefan pretty much give the Mission to the Wolverines?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

:golfclap: :five:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

wiegieman posted:

I like it when the red robot punches the other robots.

Hear Hear. Let's got off the other discussion shall we? If I recall correctly, we've had that debate at least twice now.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Xarbala posted:

. . . Mandi Domino

Hehehe. Priceless.

Maybe in this time line they should be called 'Mandi Domino'; its not any worst than their stupid pig-latin faux grandiose pretentious nomenclature.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
So, can someone please explain the setup and nature of this mission to me? Because I think I'm about as lost as these jumpships.

Where are we exactly? Did we make it to Clan Space? Why are we deploying against The Coyotes? Why are we even landing at all??

Did I miss an update somewhere?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

dis astranagant posted:

Most of the jumpships made it and we're attacking just as soon as enough people quit vomiting to make a half coherent squad.

raverrn posted:

The NRWR sent a collection of 10 Jumpships on a one-way trip into Clan space. Having arrived in-system, they are now landing on whatever planet this is to kill clanners and get a reaction. As of right now the force is stuck in-system because the jump killed their drives. Presumably we're going to shoot the place up, wait for a reaction, then steal the responder's Jumpships.

dis astranagant posted:

Most of the jumpships made it and we're attacking just as soon as enough people quit vomiting to make a half coherent squad.

Thanks, that's what I figured; just, thought we'd get more flavor text before the deployment. At the very least, I thought we'd find out what planet we're at, and why we're deploying against The Coyotes.

I guess it doesn't matter if we're doing 'Scorched Earth', we can start on any piece of ground we find.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

In like Zinn posted:

That is to say, this is Stefan Amaris VII letting the homeworld clans know that "there is nowhere in the galaxy safe for you, I can reach you, I can hurt you when and where I want".

So, this is Uncle Stevie's version of 'Tokyo Raiders'? I can dig that.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

painedforever posted:

But I can't help myself, I'm so excited! It's bloody 5 in the morning, and I can't stop thinking in terms of "grand strategies" and "glorious battle".

Pssst, guys, I think I found the Dirty Clanner Spy!!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's why I have my cat, Boots Kerensky, play the OpForce turn blind. I just adjudicate

I knew it! Clanners are actually half-breed Cat People!! That's why Laser Heat Sinks!!!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

painedforever posted:

"I don't know what comes after. I don't know if the future has a place for us. And I don't care. I'm just here to kill some Clanner bastards.

Hell, men have died and killed for far, far less.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

First update will be Sunday, I couldn't finish some of the sprite work due to carpal tunnel issues. We're very nearly ready.

Take breaks, feel better.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

gently caress. I hosed up.

What happened?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I can't believe I got away with hiding a Cephalus somewhere on the map for eight turns.

What in the name of Aleksandr Kerensky is the Society doing on the field?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Clan Society!!?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

They're the University faction from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with the option to take the kinder and gentler Social Engineering choices turned off. If you ain't got a Ph.D., you're not just a second-class citizen, you're meat.

That's actually very apt; I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletters.

Also, don't forget the hundreds of years that they've had to stew on their hatred of true borns and the 'don't you effing jocks tell me what to do! All you want are guns gun guns!! If you only knew that I've been merely working 25% of the time on what you want, and dedicating the rest of my life to killing the whole lot of you!!!'

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

sebmojo posted:

Now I really want some Madden commentary on this scenario.

Fraction Jackson, where art thou?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

The patron-only posts will go public in a few days.

Thanks!

Although, I really should pitch in a few bucks huh?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Telamon posted:

[DieHard]Thanks for the advice.[/DieHard]

Paingod556 posted:

Well what'd you expect. He was a doctor, not an assassin.

I thought that was intentional by the Doctor, he wanted the Warrior to know exactly who was killing him, and why he was doing it, thus the lung shot to make him suffer.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Lady Mao Joseph Zedong Stalin.

Awesome reference, you clearly know your history.

Most people don't truly understand the damage done by Lady Mao; while the Chairman may have been homicidal, the Lady destroyed the culture of an entire society.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Leperflesh posted:

. . . take your time, and in particular, stop working immediately when your wrist starts to hurt.

Absolutely, please don't hurt yourself.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Leith Maclaine posted:

Thank you kindly,

The answer to #2 does affect my final facing so I need to make decisions.

Leith

:wave:

Hi Leith!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

He lost a trial of grievance.

The grievance was that he was a fatty fat fat with assmar

This . . . makes a lot more sense then I'm comfortable admitting.

Hell, they even have a conch system, ala, their Clan Council let's play furry dress-up.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Thanks. I'm already getting sick of sleeping on the couch.

Make sure the basement dries out properly, might want to lay down a preemptive mold treatment, just in case.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

A quartet of Hauptmanns stand shoulder to shoulder over the map, one painted in SLDF olive drab, one in Steiner Blue, one in Skye Ranger red and white, and the final one in Marik purple.

Nice.

How are things in Skye right now, I wonder.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Welllll... maybe not quite as sunny as Defiance Industries' marketing team would like to portray it.

PoptartsNinja posted:

The only reason Skye the Steel Vipers have not started actively invading Terran Hegemony worlds in the Draconis Combine and Free Worlds League is because of the looming but disorganized threat presented by the Clan ilKhanate.

Isn't that a pretty compelling reason to start expanding aggressively?

You're going to need a wide base to fight off the incoming 'death from a thousand cuts'.

Unless you can unravel their unity altogether and get them to fight themselves.

Actually, speaking of the ilKhanate, when is that ilClan book coming out? Never??

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

(now called ‘Kerenskye’ (A) to honor their relationship with the three Clans of Task Force Serpent)

Whoever called 'Clan-A-Boo' nailed it.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Strobe posted:

I am super-pumped for even the distant possibility of a return to the First Hidden War where Kerenskyean and Kuritan MechWarriors routinely challenge each other to duels in single combat.

MechWarrior Top Gun is all kinds of my poo poo.

I'm assuming you mean First Hidden War post time skip, as opposed to the cannon First Hidden War?

Kerenskyean and Kuritan Top Gun would be awesome; The Gunslinger Program and TRO is probably my most favorite bit of fluff in BT.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Strobe posted:

One might even say :bisonyes:

If I had to 'Gunsling', I'd pack two RAC/5s, two Snub Nose PPCs, and 5 JJs into the hottest 75T IS Tech Omni I can find.

It'll be difficult to imagine the Kerenskyean Snake SLDF'ers taking anything other than a Timber Wolf MK. 'Whatever I WIN' though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

@PTN, so, are we done in this thread then? I can move my bookmark over to the new one?

• Locked thread