Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten Count question: What would the WWE be like today if Brock Lesnar hadn't quit in 2004?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

10 Count: If Triple H had never gotten together with Stephanie McMahon, would the main event scene from 2000 to 2008 have been substantially different? If so, who do you think would have been more prominently pushed?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten Count Question: If Punk had spent more time away from WWE after winning the title in 2011 and made good on his threat to defend it in ROH/NJPW, what matches do you guys think would have been booked from both companies?

(P.S.: my name is pronounced "Nine None-b")

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm very offended that you guys thought I had a stupid newbie avatar. Is my :10bux: worth nothing to you people?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten-Man Punchguy Sportcast: Which current WWE wrestler would make the smoothest transition to NJPW, and vice-versa?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch-Punch Punchcast: What current wrestler(s) do you think you'd mark out the most for if you were 10 years old (or however old you were when you got into wrestling)?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I will try my best from now on to not hoog The Goog.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PunchMen SomethingOrAnother: What are the best WWE-produced video packages?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PunchaMatt PodFuGrip: Has there ever been a Meltzer rating that you wholeheartedly disagreed with?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Carlito Caribbean Cool and Colt Caribbean Cabaner :stare:

So this is what happens when the Goog gets hooged.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is Old School Wrestling Podcast any good? I love the poo poo out of the Attitude Era podcast and something like that only with golden age WWF shows sounds right up my alley.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thanks, I'll check them out. Also have the AEPodcast guys discussed what they're gonna do once they're out of Attitude Era shows to review? I'd love for them to continue on through to the modern era, or possibly go through the WCW PPVs (although that would be too cruel of a punishment to wish upon anyone).

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Goog posted:

If there's a burning question you've just been dying to ask the Punchcasters/Wrestleboxers/whatever we're calling ourselves these days, get it in now. And if you asked anything in the past that you think we might have missed, now's a good time to remind us.

NienNunb posted:

PunchaMatt PodFuGrip: Has there ever been a Meltzer rating that you wholeheartedly disagreed with?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

I have offered to purchase Big Apple Takedown and send it to HulkaMatt so he can give a book report for the podcast.

He has ignored my offer. So I leave it up to you, the WWE PSP Universe. Are you interested in finding out how Triple H got himself involved with a crystal meth drug sting? Or how John Cena and Torrie Wilson broke up a sex slave trade in Chicago? Or how Chavo Guerrero became a computer hacker?

If so, tell HulkaMatt it is his duty to read this book!

Be a man, Hulk(amatt).

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hawaiian Punch Podcast: Would a fully committed-to brand split work in current-day WWE, and if so who would you have as the main stars of Raw and Smackdown?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

So I've been wondering with all this Dave 5 Star chat, but is there an official list by him that has all the matches he himself has given 5 Stars?

On wikipedia, even.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

It's weird because it's the same with some Cabana shows. You don't think someone is going to be a good listen at all but they end up being great.

Me and Goog recorded some stuff. This is going to be an odd... variety podcast. If you like baseball you will like it.

I could listen to Dingersport Pokeflute any day.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Midnight 10 count AND the Soxs win the penant. What a time to be alive.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not subscribed to the observer, what exactly was the argument and how beautifully terrible was it?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pingpong Podcast: What moves do you think should stop being used as transitional moves and only be used as finishers?

Also I listened to the new Pisscast right after the new 10 Count. Hearing KFG on both felt like that time Rick Rude appeared on Raw and Nitro in the same night.

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 25, 2013

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pisscast is much too long, it needs to be 3 minuets maximum.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Three hours of piss?

:getin:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Pisscast/PSP what replaces TNA when it goes finally dies?

The Wrestling Is project.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

Dave's son breaking his drat ankle? That'll put asses in seats.

Like father like son.

Now I need that MS Paint picture of Big Dave falling down the stairs in my life again.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

coconono posted:

Abe Lincoln.

Has Meltzer ever done a write up about Lincoln as a wrestler? I would pay top dollar for something like that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten Count: What terrible wrestlers/angles can you not help but remember fondly due to nostalgia?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

10 Count: It's 1999, and WWF has just struck a deal with AJPW to put on a supercard featuring wrestlers from both companies facing each other. You are given complete creative control over this show. What matches do you book?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MRT's hatred of Mike Tenay gives me the strength to go on.

EDIT: And comic books. I don't think I've hated anything in my life as much as you hate comic books.

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 6, 2013

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like 4 hours. It weeds out the weak. :getin:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I need 24 hours of Greg Valentine chat in my life.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

:siren:Stone Cold is on AoW:siren:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PSP/Pisscast please review Christmas Bounty starring WWE Superstar The Miz.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

They were talking about how Nikki Bella's push as the top Diva was transparently due to her relationship with Cena, and Dave compared it to Chyna's push when she was with HHH (I would have gone for the Undertaker/McCool comparison but whatever). Bryan then made a crack about hoping that Nikki had followed Chyna's career so that she doesn't end up in the same place, and Dave said that was very unlikely.

Bryan then legit said that you never know, because after all on Total Divas they showed that she had an entire box of vibrators. Dave then had to tell him about women and sex toys in the same tone of voice that one would use when telling a small child that the moon is not made of cheese.

The relationship between Bryan and Dave is a beautiful one, and we are all better off for it existing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

10 Count: Randy Orton's stupid beard is really really bad. What other facial hair in wrestling has been nearly or equally as really really bad?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's better, yes.

The day you guys start selling Pisscasts on double-VHS sets is the day I can die happily.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Casters: Antonio Inoki has bought or blackmailed his way into the main event of Wrestlemania. Who do you book against him?

Daniel Bryan, Lion's Den match, Ken Shamrock as ring enforcer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

10 Count: Randy Orton's stupid beard is really really bad. What other facial hair in wrestling has been nearly or equally as really really bad?

I just listened to this week's 10 Count and sonofabitch!

Punchy Brewsters: Vince McMahon puts a gun to your head and forces you to book Brawl 4 All 2013. Who do you book and who do you predict to win?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

I wanted to weigh in on this even though I'm not a pahdcaster.

I would book everyone on the current roster excluding Luchas, anyone in the Authority, and Undertaker, and especially including Brock Lesnar and Alberto Del Rio. I suspect the final rounds to be between CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, and Seth Rollins. Between them I'd say probably Lesnar Punk would remain, Lesnar would take out Punk, and if they're fighting Butterbean again I'd put all my money on Butterbean still. First rounds knockouts I suspect would be Kofi, Miz, Cena, Wyatt, Show, Ambrose, Del Rio, and Rowan.

You're a treasure.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I inadvertently broke the Podcast thread. God forgive me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

All I wanted was to hear PSP/Pisscast chuckle over which fake wrestlemen would win in lovely shoot fights, maybe with a Meng/Lesnar joke thrown in here and there. And now it's turned into a donnybrook!

• Locked thread