Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Raw is half over and WO hasn't updated any of the recap. Usually they don't recap the last segment until the following morning on the site. I don't know if it's an issue with Dave, Nason, or Hamlin, but I like to pretend it's Hamlin since I hate the way he recaps Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Major Ultima Lucha 3 spoiler in the daily update today :(

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The review of UWF on BNV today might be the worst review I've ever heard them do. It's TERRIBLE raido, but it's still hilarious.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is the Bryan and Vinny commentary for Final Deletion for the regular version or the Director's Cut?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
"This is Wrestling Observer Radio for August. 21st, 201...."

"TOM PLEASE NEVER FIGHT RUMBLE JOHNSON!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I started listening to the Death of WCW audiobook, and is it just me or is it really not that....good? Like, it's great stories, but it's just written kinda...eh. They tell the Madusa trash can story twice in a short amount of time, and jump back and forth between time frames.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Over/Under on Final Deletion characters making Top 10 vote getters in "Best Non Wrestler": 2.5

I'll take the over and say Senor Benjamin wins the category, and King Maxel and Vanguard-1 place in the top 10.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

exploding mummy posted:

It's honestly an issue with how Bryan has to read everything as it appears in the book in order, whether or not it was originally meant as an aside that the reader could read if they wanted and not miss anything in the narrative.

It's not so much the sidebar sounding stuff; it's the repeating things multiple times. Like, in 20 minutes I heard twice about how Giant debuted and was being booked as Son of Andre.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Granny: "I really hated that NWA stuff. I'm gonna only review the stuff I like. Let's start with the best thing I saw, Wesley Blake vs Buddy Murphy!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Are Senor Benjamin, King Maxel, and Vanguard 1 all available to vote for as best non-wrestler?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Was Halloween contest 2016 better than Xmas contest 2012? That's the one that brought us Stink You're Wronk and Little Shepherd Boy with the worst call-in in F4W/WO history.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Jerusalem posted:

Any idea which show it was? All I can recall them saying is that he called in and he wasn't happy about it, but they weren't going to do anything about it because they were thrilled by the situation!

01/15/2007.

Bryan and Vinny were most definitely NOT thrilled with the situation and explicitly said how hosed up it was that he was involuntarily committed to an insane asylum.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks. I'm just basing it on what they said on whatever show they referenced it on, when they seemed to treat the whole thing as a joke.

I imagine it's easy to look back on a situation like that and see it in a different light, but they were pretty clear at the time that they legit thought this was a a loving terrible thing to happen to a person who, while he may be extraordinarily awkward, is no threat to himself or others.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
going to super china buffet day, getting a plate of food, sitting down with it next to Bryan, saying to himself "I don't have any money. I guess I'll put all this back"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
like ten posts up

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
but new year dash had this happen so i don't think you can really say anything from wk11 is better

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/816953588496863232

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

AMReese posted:

Has Bryan ever been right about anything? All I can think of are times where he's not NOT been wrong, but never right.

This goes for both predictions and his own opinions.

"Minoru Suzuki is the coolest loving guy EVER!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Kenny got banned from WOL :wave:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Kenny in Galletin Tennessee.

Up there with Ryan from Cumberland as worst of the worst callers.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Did anyone listen live and hear what he did? Bryan edited it out of the show.

Then again, who cares?

Oh man, who was the guy who called in and started talking about Taker retiring in his thirty-third year of wrestling being a reference to Jesus dying at 33? Was it Ryan? Amazing.

That was Ryan. Kenny just called in and did a super-rapid fire Torch plug at the top of his voice and then started calling Bryan and Semp bigger bullies than JBL on the board.

Edit: Note that Ryan apparently spent 45 minutes on hold waiting to ask that question.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Dave tells an amazing Doug Furnas/Misawa/Stan Hansen story in this week's observer.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

algebra testes posted:

Is that the one about breaking Misawa's neck?

yeah can't believe Doug Furnas broke Misawas neck

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
to go back to good shows in the archives might I recommend Bryan and Vinny Review YAMMA?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

AlmightyPants posted:

I have no idea what YAMMA is, but there are a half dozen B&V shows that cover it. Should I listen to them all?

It's an April 2008 show. I guess it's only as funny if you know what a no good horrible very bad shitshow the only YAMMA show was.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Mark is good and should be on for the four big PPVs and the list isn't ranked, just a list of 50 great moments.

edit: and the best moment of all time was "did she eat the corpse?"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Brent teeters too much on making fun of someone mentally ill for me. gently caress it, bring back Toenails.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
KUSHIDA has poo poo English :3:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I remember back when they had Granny review Main Event a few times and it was amazing, then they just had her stop doing wrestling reviews for like, 3 years until just recently. I loved her review of Gizmo More Eggs.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Lid posted:

Hey now hey noooow

Chris Benoit killed his family

GODDAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
filthy tom is actually good and fun and has a great theme song.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
During the awards, who has been in the most MOTY top ten in a given year? I imagine that it's probably Bryan. How many spots will Okada take up this year?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I mean, between the two Omega matches, Suzuki, Shibata, Tiger Mask W, and whatever happens during G1, is Okada on pace to have the best year any pro wrestler has ever had?

Over/under on Okada matches in top 10 during the year end awards?: 6.5. I'm honestly taking the over at this point.

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 15, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
is dj accident report a wh2k poster?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
the hottest of takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Go RV! posted:

Stop complaining about spoilers, jesus. It's one match in the G1, there's about a million more to go.

Let's watch drag queens instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPLox5pzqU

i like these gals! they have gumption!

• Locked thread