Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Dave is a 50-something year old man, be glad he knows where the power switch on a computer is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Retromancer posted:

not really it's just that all commentators all think "more syllables = sound smarter."

There is no actual analysis so saying the entire name of the sports league fills time.

Spermgod posted:

bryan alvarez doesn't understand what a downside is

This man is going to be a father soon and doesn't know a lot of things.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 1, 2015

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Reaverbot posted:

Bryan is cool and I don't see a reason to call his wife an idiot for marrying him I guess????

Yeah, that was me being rude. I'll edit that since I actually do like Bryan and crew even if he is a dumbo at things.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Burl Ives gets justice at last.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

holy poo poo how many of the entries in the contest use "jump" by van halen

EDIT: HAHA HOLY poo poo I WON

Congrats. I take it you are the one with the awesome medley?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

cronox2 posted:

Definitely more Lady Di. The part of the Christmas show where Bryan would mute the call then unmute to find him still babbling reminded me of her segments so much.

She has alcoholic dementia now. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxrmCWUhXs

30s in the interview starts, 1m15s her son starts talking about her.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Alain Post posted:

He can't talk over Cornette.

Louisville Slugger > San Jose Steamroller

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

ch3cooh posted:

It's a bit jarring though. Not sure how to handle this reserved/polite Gallows.

The grizzled young vet respects his elders.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Dave saying Spock and Kirk were from Star Wars triggered me

Way to get worked into a shoot.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If someone is calling you a piece of poo poo, you are totally going to let them finish cutting their promo on you while you stand there looking like a moron. This is just good booking 101.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

That Ernie Ladd and Wahoo McDaniel bit was hilarious to me.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Surge protector making noise + ISDN connection being wonky is a perfect storm of annoying.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I laughed for a good 5 minutes when Dave was like "This week they honored a woman who wrote a poem for Bill Clinton. Last week it was someone who rolled johns for their wallets."

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Frank Deford loves Dave and he is/was the most respected sportswriter of the past like 40 years.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 9, 2017

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Muddy Burphy posted:

I saw 44 new posts and assumed there was a new Sin Limite. Biggest disappointment I've had in a while.

Same, except I thought Dave was talking about Roller Derby and instead we got this poo poo. Shameful.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Germansimp posted:

If anybody listens to it, the latest Two Men Power Trip has Cornette once again claiming that is not a bitter old gently caress while coming across like a bitter old gently caress trying to get podcast numbers. Short summary:

- Steen and Generico were assholes to work with because they are French-Canadians which all suck
- Kenny Omega does not belong in wrestling because he once wrestled a 9-year-old girl and a blow-up doll
- Joey Ryan is a disgrace because of his dick work
- gently caress loving fuckity gently caress (repeat about 50 times)

I really hope Cornette is just working a gimmick to get that podcast money, but man, he makes Ole Anderson and Dynamite Kid look like enjoyable people to hang around with.

He's working but he also really doesn't like modern wrestling, and he has some very valid points on what is wrong with it. The Joey Ryan and Omega stuff can be explained by his dislike of comedy wrestling (His problems with Colt Cabana being the perfect example).

I also hope that last part is hyperbole, since Ole and Dynamite Kid are garbage people and Cornette is nowhere near that bitter or awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

I see why he deleted it but :lol:

• Locked thread