Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The pHo posted:

Probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to put together. I've got code that validates signups against a random string put in the profile field on here, so wouldn't be difficult to make it 'SA Only'.

And Lowtax sees a huge stream of new SA signups for some mysterious reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When NZBMatrix was shut down, there was talk of a goon NZB server. Is that still a possibility, or has everyone pretty much gravitated towards rolling their own with Newznab?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FCKGW posted:

Terabyte tuesday is back.
1.1TB for $38

http://newsgroupdirect.com/terabyte-tuesday

Cool, thanks. What the heck.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone have any ideas on how to switch a Synocommunity Mylar package to switch from pulling from the Master branch to the developmental one? I tried altering versioncheck.py and version.py by replacing master with developmental, but that didn't work.

Edit: Never mind. I previously altered it to say developmental instead of development. Once I actually used the proper term, it updated correctly. Who knew?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 12, 2013

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FISHMANPET posted:

Where are you downloading NZBs from that one of the browser based SabNZB extensions doesn't work? Those put a button right on the webpage to click that will send it to SABNZB, no need for the nzb file to ever even touch my computer.

I have found that for some reason, if I use the automatic download using Binsearch with SabNZB, it will download a slice of something completely random. Using the downloaded NZB works just fine.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Xachariah posted:

When I try to go to NZB.su or dognzb I just get redirected to the wikipedia article on NZB's. What's up with that?

Hidden in plain sight. You've got to know the correct URL.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vodos posted:

There's no single "best" indexer anymore and many have closed their registrations to either invite only or even completely because nobody wants to turn into the new newzbin/nzbmatrix and get targeted by the movie/music industry. Usenet-crawler.com and nzbplanet.net should still have open registrations and seem fairly solid. If a nzb link has comments, check them to see if there's anything wrong with that particular file.

No new word on Goonzb lately? I still look at it from time to time but unless I've missed something, it's stayed the same.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gozinbulx posted:

We all use Usenet to discuss the latest Linux ISOs.

That's what we do.

Just wait until the new SteamOS comes out! :dance:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Greatest Living Man posted:

NZBCat also has semi-open registrations right now.

https://nzb.cat/invites

And doing $5 lifetime VIP for Black Friday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

porktree posted:

PSA - Dog is allowing you to use Amazon Gift cards to renew; $20/year $50/3 or $75/5- if you do 3 or 5 years they adding a bonus year. Accordingly they are only accepting Amazon GC's for this week. Usually you have to send bitcoin or "buy" a tshirt.

FYI: They've extended this until tomorrow.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

diremonk posted:

I'm having a strange issue with my copy of sabnzbd. Every minute or so I get an error popping up that says

code:
 API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 127.0.0.1 (X-Forwarded-For: 52.11.99.15)>Go-http-client/1.1
This started a couple days ago when I switched my dynamic ip address for another host. I've checked every indexer I am a member of and cleared out the address they have to push to my server. I also deleted the downloader from sonarr, radarr, and nzbhydra. It doens't seem to affect anything but it is annoying to see. I checked the logs for sabnzbd and that is the only thing that is showing up as an error. I'm guessing that I have another indexer that I subscribe to that I haven't changed my information on but I have no idea which one it could be.

Any ideas?

Did you actually add your Sabnzbd API key from Config/General into Sonarr/Radarr/NZBHydra?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rexxed posted:

Wow you guys sure like your linux ISOs.

So many distros, so little time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sedative posted:

There's a new provider reselling UsenetExpress called UsenetPrime. They currently have a special on 500GB blocks for $1, 1 TB blocks for $3 and monthly unlimited for $3 https://usenetprime.com/usenet-special/

UsenetExpress is a Tier 1 provider, so it's worth buying a block from UsenetPrime if you don't already have UsenetExpress imo.

Just a heads up, I just bought a block and it's not working with my username. Filling out a support ticket now. I only used my PayPal and used a completely new password, but who knows. :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

norp posted:

Does raising a support ticket work to get hold of that password?

I signed up his morning and suffered the same issue, the email they send doesn't actually list the login details and I can't see it anywhere on the site.

I was eventually contacted by them and my password now works that was not previously working. They also sent the details to log in but the username is different than your email.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sedative posted:

In completely related news, UsenetServer is now offering the $20 yearly unlimited deal https://accounts.usenetserver.com/register/?step=p&promo=exclusive-usenet-deal&rate=107

Newsdemon is matching that if you email them. I know they both offer it but having a free VPN thrown in is almost worth it itself.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

B-Nasty posted:

I've been using block accounts for a while, because I'm not a super heavy downloader, but what's the catch here? That seems like a ridiculously cheap price for 'unlimited'.

Is their search any good, or is it basically binsearch?

According to reddit, they’re severely underpricing it to cut out the competition.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

UncleGuito posted:

Was hoping someone could help me figure out why my dumb Raspberry Pi / Shield TV setup isn't working.

nzbget is running on my Shield TV with an external HDD mounted to store downloads (/completed). Sonarr/Radarr run on my Pi and point to the Shield install of nzbget for downloading... the download works but always seems to fail on unpacking/renaming/moving.

On the Pi, the external Shield drive is mounted as a network drive, and the downloads in Sonarr/Radarr point to that path as the final location (//pi/nzbgetmout/shield/movies/example_movie , which is where it gets moved from /completed on the Shield). It seems like that's probably the setting that's messing things up, but I don't know of any other way to assign it other than mounting the shield's drive to the Pi and specifying that path for each movie/show location.

Does the Pi have full access and is that directory have the proper permissions to create subfolders for whatever user you’re using? Also check security in NZBGet and see what your UMask is set to (I set mine to 0000 as it’s not available outside this house)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

KingKapalone posted:

Reposting this question. Just looked at my stats for the past month in Hydra and Cat has only had 3 downloads while my free DrunkenSlug with a 5 download limit has 74.

Those 5 results I quoted are all garbage too.

Not trouble but Cat never really has what I’m looking for.

Ended up just biting the bullet and getting a lifetime sub to Geek. My Dog runs out in a year anyway.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

UncleGuito posted:

The drive is mounted to the Pi with fstab using file & dir mode = 0777 and nzbget is now set to 0000 for the umask.

Are there any other permissions I should look out for?

Can’t think of any at the moment. If it’s set at 777 it should allow all access unless there’s a setting on the Shield about how it handles externally attached storage that’s different than how it’s accessed on the Pi. When you look at the logs does it give any clues as to why it fails to move/unpack them?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

UncleGuito posted:

Just in case anyone was following this, finally got it to work. Swapped my Pi 3B+ for a 4B 2GB:

Installed diet-pi + sabnzbd instead of nzbget
Mounted network drive over samba with dietpi
Mounted usb 3.0 flash drive
Moved dietpi user apps to mounted usb drive
Set sabnzbd storage locations to usb drive
Set radarr/sonarr aliases to sabnzbd locations for movies/tv
Set radarr/sonarr download paths to mounted network drive

Works really well now, and almost as fast as my desktop!

Cool, glad you got it sorted out!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

History Comes Inside! posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a good indexer to pair with Mylar?

Also why is Mylar such an unwieldy piece of poo poo compared to the equivalents for virtually any other thing? Just lack of interest leading to lack of developer really caring that much?

Dog works pretty well with it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

disaster pastor posted:

While this is true, it doesn't make me feel any better that I have tried three times and still can't get Mylar to recognize my existing collection, so I gave up.

Have you tried the new Mylar3 (for python 3) fork? The old one was depricated last year sometime I think. Still looks the same but it's where active development is going.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Volguus posted:

Sonarr, Radarr, Prowlarr ... jesus people, have some imagination. And the same old .NET codebase they're all built upon. Oh well .

Arr matey

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Violator posted:

LOL awesome.

LOL there are 18TB drives now!?

22TB and 26TB drives announced today. 50TB coming soon.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/western-digital-shares-roadmap-26tb-today-50tb-tomorrow

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Warbird posted:

Whoah whoah whoah, you can use Usenet to do what?

Have thoughtful and intelligent conversations with strangers on the internet.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
NZBGeek is running a special that ends in seven hours for those that are interested.

•6 Month Subscription - $4.00 USD (Save $2.00 USD)
•1 Year Subscription - $9.00 USD (Save $3.00 USD)
•5 Year Subscription - $30.00 USD (Save $10.00 USD)
•Lifetime Subscription - $60.00 USD (Save $20.00 USD)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Taima posted:

Oh gently caress someone said warez that takes me baaack. Talk about a word lost to time. SA has this incredible capability to just exist in 2002 out of absolutely nowhere.

W00t anyone have a 1337 irc bot we can use to exchange filez? I want to download the Anarchists Cookbook mate. Wanna learn how to get high off banana peels and get free payphone calling to impress my girl when we go to the arcade.

if you don't have a six digit ICQ # GTFO

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Charles Leclerc posted:

I didn't even realise ICQ was still a thing until I googled it just now. Apparently Russian owned, which is probably marginally worse than being owned by AOL.

Still the second best way to contact people on SA.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tremors posted:

Would setting up rss in the *arrs work to avoid that?

Your mother specifically asked for it there!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Burden posted:

Looks like Black Friday deals are starting to come out for providers and indexers. Reddit has a good stickied thread on r/usenet .

I am waiting to see what Frugal puts out as that is my primary server, but I will jump on that Drunken Slug deal. Hopefully geek puts out something as well.

If I didn't have lifetime already, I'd jump all over this.

NZBGeek

6 Month Subscription - $5.00 USD (Save $1.00 USD)
1 Year Subscription - $9.00 USD (Save $3.00 USD)
5 Year Subscription - $30.00 USD (Save $10.00 USD)
Lifetime Subscription - $60.00 USD (Save $20.00 USD)
https://nzbgeek.info/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

more falafel please posted:

I'm not gonna remember the timeline, but years ago I bought a lifetime subscription to Dog, and some years later they said "welp we can't keep that as lifetime anymore, you got 3 years." 3 years later I stopped using Dog.

You can still use Dog if you did this, you’re just limited to something like 100 API calls a day. Been doing it for 2-3 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
wrong thread sorry