Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Laserface posted:

As an Australian, a useful feature for sickbeard would be a customisable time-zone, so you can see when stuff is actually going to be available.

I mean, I can do the math in my head, but I dont really want to.

You don't really need one if you look at the Coming Episodes tab - The pink missed episodes that aired yesterday are the ones that'll be grabbed today at about noonish, everything else airs the next day or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Karthe posted:

What do I need to do to get Sick Beard to automatically update show listings? Several times I've wondered why it hasn't grabbed a new episode when I know a new one is available. I discovered that Sick Beard won't pick up new episodes unless I manually force a full update on a particular show, but I don't want to have to go through the dozen or so shows I've selected and manually update them every so often.

Is your Sickbeard set up to automatically update those shows? From memory, there's an option you can turn off that will stop it updating shows that may have been tripped.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Keito posted:

mr_orange's ThePirateBay fork has been abandoned, its GitHub repository deleted even, because the author got fed up with complaints and demands from users. Apparently the SickRage fork has implemented its torrent handling in addition to lots of other new features, so that might be worth looking into.

Anyone here running SickRage?

I am. I haven't really tried the torrent side of it, but it took him until about a week ago to un-gently caress the auto-snatching/processing/etc on the usenet side though. And the Dev has been a bit dodgy where he's deleted the issues off of github to try and force people to use his lovely forum instead.

Edit: The choice between TVRage and TVDB for shows seems to be working pretty well though.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

The only thing about NZBGet/Sonarr that you'll need to be wary of is if you have them transfer files directly to a NAS/another computer and you run them as a service. I had to disable the automatic services and put their icons in my Windows Start-up folder as there's a permissions issue for programs that run as a service that meant they wouldn't detect my network drives.

The amount of time it took me to find that out after multiple computer restarts and fiddling with Sonarr was ridiculous.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For those looking for an alternative, NZBGeek currently have lifetime passes available for US$30 (or $6/$12/$18 for 6m/1y/2y) memberships.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Nalin posted:

I once tried NZBGet, but I switched back to SAB after I found out that I couldn't use it as an "open with" target for nzb files. It wouldn't queue up the nzb if I used it like that. Does anybody know if this has been changed?

Firefox remembers to save NZBs to the NZBs directory, so I just save manual ones there and just do a "scan inccoming directory" in NZBGet to start them up if I'm in a hurry.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

SABnzbd has released the first release candidate for the 3.0 version upgrade, which changes the code from python 2 to python 3:

https://sabnzbd.org/downloads

I've been testing this for the last couple of weeks now, and I'm pleasantly surprised with it. I'm thinking about permanently switching back from NZBget - and not only because it has an actual good dark mode.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

Reposting this question. Just looked at my stats for the past month in Hydra and Cat has only had 3 downloads while my free DrunkenSlug with a 5 download limit has 74.

Those 5 results I quoted are all garbage too.

I'm only using the free version of Slug personally, but I have lifetimes for most of the services who have it available, and Geek is responsible for fully half of my results, while Slug is 1/3 of the remaining ones.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

If you have Frugal, fill up the blanks with blocks. Frugal will cover you with Omicron/UsenetFarm, so add some combination of ViperNews/UsenetExpress/Abavia based blocks and you'll cover pretty much everything.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 26, 2021

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

kri kri posted:

The way I have mine set up, is I use Prowlarr to talk to my *arr stack and my *arr apps handle all the downloads themselves.

I also have Prowlarr connect to sabnzbd outside of my *arr stack for manual downloads I want under a "prowlarr" category.

This is the best way to handle it. Some of the trackers get lovely and will ban you if you have it set for Prowlarr/NZBHydra to do the downloads, so its generally better in Prowlarr to turn Redirect on or in Hydra to change the "NZB adding type" to "send link".

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

tonic posted:

Does someone have the image/list of which Usenet providers are serviced by which backbones? The ones posted on previous pages seem to be dead already. Thanks!

https://whatsmyuse.net/

Lets you plug in the ones you have and you can use the direct backbone search to look at what ones you might want to pick up to cover any gaps.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yup, https://trash-guides.info/ everyone loves these guides, I keep meaning to read through them myself just to see if there's something in there I don't know that I'd find useful.

Some of the stuff in there is useful, but a lot of it is anal retentive extraneous elitism bullshit

Edit: I mean just look at these loving naming schemes. If you honestly think you need half that poo poo there, then you need psychiatric help.

The Movie Title (2010) Ultimate Extended Edition [imdb-tt0066921][IMAX HYBRID][Bluray-1080p Proper][3D][DV HDR10][DTS 5.1][x264]-EVOLVE

The Series Title! (2010) - S01E01 - Episode Title 1 [AMZN WEBDL-1080p Proper][DV HDR10][DTS 5.1][x264]-RlsGrp

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 3, 2022

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

wolrah posted:

Not saying I'd necessarily go all the way to a scheme like that, but I also can't say it makes anything worse.

The fact though is it can make things worse. Super long file names can gently caress with the path length compatibility on some Windows systems. While it is significantly easier to show with anime, even non-anime stuff can come up on and hit that max path length issue once you factor in the rest of the file path structure. Yes you can manually enable long paths per windows client, but you might not always have access to them like that.

I've grabbed these examples from the Tdarr discord. The first example directly breaks the maxpath limit, while the second one is right up on the limit if you have anything more than say "Z:\TV\" as the rest of the path. Stripping the extraneous bullshit from the filenames gives you much more breathing room in that regard.

KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world!/Season 1/KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! (2016) - S01E08 - A Loving Hand for Our Party When We Can't Make It Through Winter! [imdb-tt5370118][WEBRip-1080p][8bit][x264][AAC 2.0][JA]-ANiURL.mkv

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window/Season 1/The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window (2022) - S01E07 - Episode 7 [imdb-tt13315324][-TEPES NF WEBDL-1080p][8bit][x264][EAC3 Atmos 5.1]-TEPES.mkv

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Is there a recommended idiots guide to setting up a box for the *arrs, etc? I've been running them on Windows off of my main computer and shoving everything onto one one of my Synologies (neither of which are new enough to be able to run docker/etc properly) have managed to free up a beelink and a low power office desktop I used to use for work, so I'm looking at putting everything on one of them to save some power. From what I can tell it seems like I should be running some sort of *nix to do it all (which I haven't really used in about 20 years). Bonus points if it allows me to easily run multiples of Sonarr/Radarr/etc.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 30, 2023

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Warbird posted:

Oh this is extremely interesting. Lidarr is a nightmare if you have album brain worms and just want do things on a text by track level. If this is just music yt-dlp then I’m gong to have to go hard on this.

Don't forget Soulseek (I use the Nicotine+ client because its prettier) which has had one of the spergiest music collections for the last 20 odd years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

If you're using Prowlarr/Hydra, just make sure you enable the "Redirect" setting (for Prowlarr, can't remember what the Hydra equivalent is) when adding indexers. Some of them are a pain in the rear end and will disable your account if you don't so it saves a headache getting in touch with the site admin and hoping they'll re-enable it.