Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like the Megaman comics posted in this thread. Post more. :unsmith:

There's a new Megaman cartoon coming made by the Ben10 guys. So I hope they base it off the comics you lads are posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If only there was someone friendly from my own neighbourhood.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Dear Nigerian Prince" the best :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We're stronger than we think we are: Touching and inspiring Bash.org quotes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey Vision remember the last time you got together with someone and just 'made some kids'?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So is ~Pretty Doom~ basically so they can eventually do a FF movie that doesn't suck because they can't get Dr Doom right?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I want a toy of the armadillo transformer so bad :3:

I think you mean Grimlock Squirrel

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So Grimlock is like.. double retarded now?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There is usually a giant fuckoff cannon on top of it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please stop making me like DC

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"My god.. It's a potato.. My entire world view is shattered.."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"My Dad picked up all the barn animals and carried them out while his clothes were on fire. They all suffered horrendous 3rd degree burns and had to be put down the next day. Still can't figure out why my Dad insists on wearing the costume under his clothes constantly."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Breetai posted:

How many of these events have there been now?

It doesn't matter, because there'll be another one in about 5 years.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

team overhead smash posted:

Also it doesn't work so well in comic when a few pages later Jonathan heat visions his cat to death, leaving only a charred skeleton.

"I had a cat once. I buried his rear end on the moon"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

"I had a cat once. I buried his rear end on the moon"

EDIT: Don't know the issue sorry.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 21, 2016

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We're gayer than we think we are: Touching and inspiring beast thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well enough about Literally-Hitler-Beast.

This got posted on imgur a couple of days ago, and it's everything I love about Spiderman :allears:

Amazing Spider-Man 662

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I really appreciate that this isn't random chance but something Peter actively set out to do.

"Thank gently caress he finally decided to rob something. I've been pacing this block every morning with the same newspaper for a month now!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So anyway. This got posted on Imgur earlier, and imma crosspost it here because it's real good

Source is JLA 1997-2006 #102

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"And how will you be paying for all these alarms sir?"
WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

I'm kinda reminded of the Kingdom Come version of the Flash, which the novel explains better, that as an amalgam thing (created by the speed force, combining all the Flashes into one person) where he's so guilt stricken about people he hasn't saved that now he constantly patrols all of Central City constantly at top speed, and he cannot stop. Like, the slowest he would get would be to let a little girl register his friendly face when he rescues her cat from a tree.

This sounds super sad. Can someone post it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toshimo posted:

THERE IS THOR ENOUGH FOR ERRY THREAD, THIS DAY!

Isn't Jane's whole bit at the moment that she has cancer, and everytime she transforms into Thor it undoes the chemo she recently had?

Like I can understand the fishing with a Friend and the Funeral... but just digging a well seems counter-productive.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait for Jane Foster to die to pass on the title of Thor, to Thor :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait, is that Ultimate Peter Parker?

Isn't he.. ya know... dead?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

At the end of the run he comes back and they basically go "he's immortal. Also so is green goblin". They fight, he says goodbye to aunt may then he rides off with MJ never to be seen again. Then the universe died.

It was really stupid

I think that loses a lot of gravitas, from him dying initially, to bring him back... just to kill him off so he could have a happy ending swan-song
Especially seeing how the Ultimates whole thing was "if someone dies they ain't coming back. This is a universe with ~consequences~"

Mucho Dumbo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ultimate Peter Parker's death was such a powerful moment, and to have his massive self sacrifice deus ex machina'd away annoys the hell out of me, and I'm not even that big a comic reader these days.

How did he come back?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toshimo posted:

It's dumb.

"When Norman Osborn arrived on the scene after killing J. Jonah Jameson, Peter wanted to fight but was preempted by Miles, who rushed out to engage him. Prior to this, Osborn revealed to Jameson that a side-effect of the OZ formula was that it granted immortality, explaining how Peter survived. Peter helps Miles defeat Norman, who is immolated by Director Hill, and passes on the identity of Spider-Man and his web-shooters to him. He tells Aunt May, Gwen, and Mary Jane that he intends to go on a quest to find out the truth behind his resurrection, but later meets with Mary Jane and they drive away to live a quiet life together."

gently caress that.

It goes against the entire grain of what made that universe great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jedit posted:

The "Council of Reeds" story outright states that the only reason 616 Reed Richards isn't a villain is Sue.

Did The Maker make it out of the Ultimate Universe? Or is he dead now?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toshimo posted:

He's in 616 now. :getin:

Noice.

That version of Reed is the loving best.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It also implies Black Panther is a loving arsehole for denying the world of a cure for cancer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

On the topic of cancer, gonna post a good comic on the subject where everything is handled well.

Don't know the issue. (Posted on Imgur back in 2014, which is why I'm posting it in full)

Just deals with a whole range of issues really well and it's the kind of Mister Fantastic that I like to see.
(That or The Maker)

And on the subject of hospitals there's a really good one, that I can't find for the life of me, where some guy has gone to a childrens hospital dressed up as Superman or Batman or someone when a robber breaks in and threatens the kids. He subdues the guy, but gets shot in the process, kids start to freak out as the dude is clearly bleeding out, but he puts on a brave face and says he'll be right back with help, walks out the door and collapses so the kids don't see a 'superhero' die.

If anyone knows of it, could you post it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Tony is there a hole you wouldn't gently caress?"
"Weeeeeelll"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

Plastic-Man how he always imagined him as the best dad ever.

Kinda want to post the whole sequence of Plastic-Man from Injustice after his son gets arrested with the breakout afterwards, but it's a massive sequence and more badass than touching and inspiring.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Calling out Superman in Injustice is certainly inspiring, if it's the set of panels I think you're talking about.
WW: "Superman is no despot"
Plastic-Man: "He's literally sitting on a throne."

It is

Not going to post it, as it's apparently an entire issue, but you can read the whole sequence here
It's real good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

Those pages exemplify why I don't like Batman unless he's a supporting character.

I love Batman in a universe that is just Batman, no extended Bat-family (Maybe Dick Grayson) or Justice League.

Just pure Batman.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it different to how Dark Knight Returns handled it? If so please find and post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Found on Imgur's front page. No idea on issue sorry

It is just pure :3::sparkles::allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah she'll be shoved inside a mini bar fridge :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I loving love The Adventures of Close Up Eye Shot in a Broken Glass Room with Zero Context.

The third volume is my favourite.