Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Progression Please posted:

Here is the issue. I jailbroke my iPhone before this whole thing went down. When I reactivated my iPhone, I was having some issues with the phone (phone wouldn't dim/lock after inactivity, screen was sometimes unresponsive). I decided using the "wipe everything" button on the phone would fix my problems and I could start anew.

After I did that, when I try to boot it up, it does the apple logo/skull jailbreak loading icons but freezes and never gets past the loading screen of the skull. I try connecting it to the computer but itunes won't see it, so I can't restore an earlier version. It will charge though. I don't think the computer can see it since it can't get past the load screen.

What are my options?
If you try to do "wipe everything" on a jailbroken phone, it will lock up. What you've been trying to do is put it in recovery mode. Put it into DFU mode and it will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So one thing I've always wondered. If your jailbroken data is saved when you restore and all you have to do is reinstall the jb apps, doesn't that mean there could be a bunch of junk floating around in the filesystem? All I really use is SBSettings and I just updated to 4.3.3 from 4.3.2, so it occurred to me that there could be years of poo poo clogging up my iPhone from jb apps I no longer use. :ohdear:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LamoTheKid posted:

Didn't BiteSMS gently caress with Facebook a while back? Or vice versa? Not a big deal considering how bad the FB app is.
You know, the only 2 problems I've ever had with the FB app are that 1) When you delete a message, you have to do it twice, and 2) Cropping images for profile pics doesn't work.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Aphasian posted:

Five Icon dock works though. I'm mostly looking forward to see how LockInfo integrates with the new notifications. I don't trust the alpha.
What does LockInfo do that notifications screen does not?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

porktree posted:

Persistent calendar notifications on the lock screen. I liked seeing what I've got to look forward too without having to open my calendar etc etc, Nice to see the current weather at a glance also. Notifications still have a long way to go.

MickRaider posted:

Read email without unlocking the phone. Calender. Weather. etc
Doesn't the iOS 5 notifications screen do these things?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DahtBard posted:

Quick bizarre question: I have a Verizon Droid X2 and there's one funny little issue that's been going on for about a week. I have a contact (let's call him Matt) who has an iPhone 4. His number is 281-XXX-XXXX. Now randomly, whenever he texts me, I instead get the message from 291-XXX-XXXX, which is a random landline. If I try and text the 291 number back, I get the standard "Hey genius, this is a landline, want a voicemail instead?" text response. Whenever he texts me a picture or video however, I do get the message from his number. The strangest part however, is when I text his number (281), it appears to to auto-forward it to the 291 number, or at least that's where the record is kept in my texting menu.

I've never heard of anything like this, any suggestions?
(also posted in the Android thread, they had no idea)
Is he using Google Voice or something wonky like that?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven't been jailbroken since September when I sold my 4. Other than SBSettings, is there anything I'm missing out on for my 4S?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 1, 2012

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is probably a noob question, but I just jailbroke my 4S on 5.0.1 using greenp0ison, but when I go into Cydia to search for an app, it only shows the stuff that's already installed on my phone. SBSettings doesn't bring anything up. :confused:

edit: Nevermind, I needed up go to Changes -> Refresh and update that way.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 13, 2012

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This seems like a pretty cool keyboard extension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjpUNe9Nbww

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My 4S is perfectly fine jailbroken on 5.0.1, but there appears to be some convenient patches in 5.1. I know even 5.0.1 isn't unlocked, but should I be worried about upgrading the baseband with respect to resale value? I suppose with ATT unlocking phones out of contract and/or Gevy SIM, do we even need to concern ourselves with software unlock anymore?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The three recent long posts of people's favorite JB apps got me to look at BiteSMS again. I didn't install it before because it was pay to use, but now it's ad supported, oh man. :swoon:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there anything like Georgia font?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

HorseDickSandwich posted:

The jailbreak probably won't be out for a while, if ever (being realistic), but once rumors of iOS 6.1 being released to developers start, I'd go ahead and update.
I don't follow the logic here. Why would 6.1 being released affect a JB working for 6.0.2? Or are you talking about updating to 6.1?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

JayKay posted:

Blargh, all I want to do is install SBSettings and TetherMe but the servers are still not cooperating. :(
Yeah, I'm gonna hold off until like Wednesday or Thursday.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there any way to see the dependencies of a particular package? I installed SBSettings but the swipe gesture would sometimes pull down the Notification Center, so I installed NCSettings which gives me everything I need (WiFi, Brightness, GPS, and Respring). When I went to uninstall SBSettings, it only removed about 5 of the dozen or packages that were installed, so I'd like to be able to manually remove the other ones.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kazy posted:

According to reverse Google Images search, it's SlantedLock
Thank loving god, I'd been thinking about this thing for a while but couldn't remember.

IIRC, it was a poor man's LockInfo, but didn't it absolutely kill your battery?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've been out of the loop for a while. Are we advised to update to 6.1.2 and jailbreak? I'm on 6.1 on an iPhone 5.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

onoflalks posted:

There's no essential reason to update* but you might be best to update and save your SHSH blobs while it's still possible

*unless you've suffered battery life problems since updating to 6.1 or need to fix the Exchange calendar bug
Running the latest version of Tiny Umbrella on Win7, it only seems to be saving 6.1 and not 6.1.2. :confused:

edit: n/m, I'm dumb.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 11, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What was the name of the package that would let you double tap the power button to activate the LED flashlight?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kazy posted:

It wasn't discontinued per se, I think the developer has other projects and is limiting future NCSettings development to bugfix-only.
Fine by me. Seems feature complete and unbloated at the moment.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Xenomorph posted:

This won't work. This hasn't worked in a long time.
Wait, so you can ONLY upgrade to the current version of iOS from Apple's servers right now?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has this been posted? Because it looks awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cMnFciSSo
No joke, I might make this my first paid jb app.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bouchacha posted:

The iOS7 features that are directly copied off of current JB apps is blatantly hilarious
Would you rather they never be implemented and you have to jailbreak just for something like folders?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TheChipmunk posted:

Going to upgrade to iOS 7. The only thing I'm really going to miss is Zephyr - what an incredible tweak. Though, it is a little strange at times (gets activated in buggy ways from time to time). With the new iOS 7 swipe up feature, it will be interesting to see Zephyr's implementation in the future... Maybe double tapping on the home button to get to the quick settings of iOS 7 or something.
What does Zephyr offer that iOS 7 multitasking doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bobfather posted:

The gesture to invoke multitasking under Zephyr is worlds more organic than invoking multitasking by double clicking home. It's incomparably better, and I don't know why Apple didn't just implement it themselves.
Probably because double clicking home has brought up multitasking ever since iOS 4?

• Locked thread