Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Deadpool posted:

So heads up, anyone planning to jailbreak (on either A4 or A5) needs to go ahead and upgrade to 5.0.1. The newest 5.1 beta breaks the untethered jailbreak for the A4 that took so long to achieve. And pod2g is stating that the A5 jailbreak is days away at this point. So if you haven't upgraded do it before it's too late.

Are we fine if we have 5.0.1 shsh saved? Or should upgrade now just to be safe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Xenomorph posted:

I donated $10 earlier today to the Dev Team working on this. I recommend others do the same. That poo poo be crazy what they do, so they deserve more love.

Same here, gonna donate some when I get home. I hardly donate for anything but its awesome how all of them got together and worked to pull this jailbreak off.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I have a glitch with a keyboard downloaded from cydia.
I downloaded a Khmer keyboard (only reason for my jailbreak). If I add the khmer keyboard, I am not able to bring up the keyboard at all. For example, if I'm using safari, I'll tap the google search but nothing happens.
Iif add one of the official keyboards such as Greek, I can use the keyboard like normal such as switching between English and greek.
I don't know if it's the Khmer keyboard is not updated for 5.0.1 or a glitch within the jailbreak.
Any ideas?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Vegastar posted:

Time for a "is this possible" question.

Just got an iPad 2 recently. Absinthe'd it. Also have an apple tv running at home, jail broken. Is there a way to do full screen mirroring over wifi between the two? I'd really like to try to run emulators and other doodads over wifi (and yes, I know, lag, just want to try it out) to the television if I can.

I'll probably just have to buy the HDMI kit :smith:

You can airplay mirror to the atv2 on the latest firmware.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
just jailbroke an Iphone 4. After the jailbreak finished, there was a notification on the phone saying something about storage is nearly full but I just ignored it. Loaded up cydia and it's doing its thing about the filesystem. Once it's finished I get another notification saying storage is nearly full.

This was a clean Iphone. No videos, apps, etc. Settings says there 6gigs unused.
Is this something I should be concerned about?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Cromlech posted:

Also, would there be any way to import my contacts to my sim card or my computer? I'm getting a new, not Apple phone soon.

I've used MCbackup from the appstore. You can export contacts to Vcard or CSV and it will email you the file. Quick and simple.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
double post.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I didn't see it anywhere but will the new ATV2 firmware be jailbreakable?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I finally was able to download a few things this morning (five dock and five row).

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Not sure if this is a jailbreak problem but my Yahoo push emails aren't coming through. It was fine on 6.0.1 tethered iphone 4

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

pseudonordic posted:

If you use Exchange mail, you might be affected by a bug that caused the phone to constantly poll the mailboxes and calendar which in turn ran down the battery faster.

Besides this, is there any other significant reason to upgrade? I don't use exchange and I have my 6.1 iphone tweaked out and don't wanna go through the whole restore and tweaking again.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Bouchacha posted:

This seems like it'd be an interesting endeavor but can anyone elaborate on the positives? As in, how much memory would you save? And would it have that much of an effect anyways?

Especially how much effect would it have on an iphone 4?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Is it worth doing on an iPhone 5? Probably not. iPhone 4S? Maybe. If I still had my iPhone 4, I would absolutely disable many of the safe-to-remove daemons. I may still even do it on my iPhone 5 to save some battery life.

I think I will give this a shot. Do I just use iFile and delete .plist as needed?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Is there a way to change lockscreens for themes that uses their own lockscreen? There's a particular lockscreen that I like to use but I can't use it due to the theme using it's own lockscreen.

edit: Hope that makes sense. It sounded funny when reading it again.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Can't you create priority in Winterboard by selecting and moving one thing above another? I maybe wrong though?

Holy crap, thanks. I've been jailbreaking since 3g and I have never known this. :doh:

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Seeing your uTorrent app there reminded me. Is there any conceivable way to make the uTorrent Remote tweak work with qBittorrent on my desktop?

Also holy god everybody buy Iconoclasm and FlatIcons

what dock tweak is that?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I have a chinese 3rd party camera connection kit. Was working fine on my ipad and iphone on 5.1.1. No longer working on 6.1.2. I get the "device not supported" message when I connect it to my iDevices.
Is this a matter of Apple blocking these kits? and if so, any jailbreak tweaks to enable it?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Yea I'm pretty sure it's not working. It's been a few weeks since I last tried it but I'll mess around with it tonight. It was nice to use it with an SD card and have extra storage when travelling.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
IPad 2 16gb WiFi. Getting boot loop error on 7.0.4 Tried restoring from download in iTunes and shift-restore. Tried setting up iPad as new device and from backup but same problem.
Seems like the boot loop is a common problem. Guess will have to wait for a fix.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Just updated to 7.0.4 from 6.1.2. Is there a tweak for showing the weather in the Notification center? That's one thing that I'm totally missing (unless it's somewhere in the settings to enable)

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Welp, I completely forgot how much fun theming is on a jailbroken phone. Lockscreen is still mostly stock, its actually what I think is the perfect lockscreen. Hated the iOS6 and below one.

Looks really nice. What theme is it? Is the weather info part of the theme or a separate widget?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I had FBNoNeedMessenger installed. Working fine until the latest facebook update. Facebook crashes when I try to open it. I've removed FBNoNeedMessenger but facebook still crashes. Is there any way to delete any remaining files manually? Or am I stuck until the developer releases an update?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Phlag posted:

Here's some of what I use:
  • VideoPane ("detaches" video players so that you can do picture-in-picture while using other apps. It's pretty nifty.)

This is pretty much the reason I'm going to jailbreak. I'm surprises it's not officially support for 6+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
iPhone 8 using the multipath. Worked on the very first try. Didn’t turn anything off or call on the gods.
Seems to be very hit and miss in attempts but wanted to note too that it can just work.

Also which tweak is it to get X gestures?

• Locked thread