Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The resonance of a Rainier can can add warmth to old records if placed in the correct location. For best results it should have a small amount of flat beer remaining in it

Lol

I'll give this a shot tonight. Wish me luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

petit choux posted:

Spam away my friend, I like seeing cool cover art. It's part of what gives records their charm.

100% agreed

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Picked up this Numero release today. It's pretty dope especially the track All About Money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwIt9v2okVc

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Just saw that a local record store is selling the Garth Brooks boxes $60 a piece. Lmao

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

It would sure be nice if whomever decided to repress the two Bear Vs Shark albums.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

One of those days when you walk in to savers and some DJs entire collection is on the shelf. Most of it I had no idea what it was and I still walked out with 56 records.

Nice. Please post some of the finds when you get a chance.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

lament.cfg posted:

the terrorhawk picture disc is the peak version of that album though

If you can point me towards a somewhat affordable copy it would be greatly appreciated!!

CaptainBeefart fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 14, 2021

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Toe Rag posted:

:nice:

Now go buy this record

Agreed.

Also this one:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I went to Blind Rage Records this afternoon hoping that the Breeders merch popup would still be there today but it was only yesterday. I really wanted to grab the Raiders shirt.

I did find a copy of Magik Marker's 2020 LP finally so I walked out happy.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Oh yes.

Alright last one.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

BigFactory posted:

I found my Adam and the ants lp to dig out what came with it when I bought it and found some other things too

Some classical albums with kind of cool covers

These ones

And there’s the kings of the wild frontier. It had someone’s photograph of a concert promotion in the jacket. And that catalog, but that might be in all of them.

That’s my story of the day

Every single one of these are intriguing album covers.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been waiting over three weeks for my OMC How Bizarre single and I am not very happy.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Finally grabbed a copy of Hot Rats today. Now that I have completed my Zappa trifecta (Hot Rats, Chungas Revenge and Weasels Ripped My Flesh) I no longer have a reason to flip through his section at the record stores.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Enos Cabell posted:

Those are all good albums, but Waka/Jawaka, Over-Nite Sensation, and One Size Fits All would like to have a word :colbert:

I enjoyed those albums (have two copies of over-nite sensation somewhere) but the three I mentioned are my personal favorite and I've been long out of my Zappa phase.

Now that I think about it I would like a copy of Lumpy Gravy tho.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

petit choux posted:

Studio Tan

... aaaand that cat's up to somethin'

He's mad I won't track down a copy of Bongo Fury.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

I hope you told him to

:haw:

Lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Hope I'm not too late for Pure Moods chat. Skeleton Dust Records is/was selling the cd with a locally made pin for $15 and I figured why not grab it. Got it mostly for nostalgia but there are some decent tracks on here too.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I barely remember the Pure Moods commercials. I do however remember the little CD kiosks in Walmart and Meijer with a bunch of new age samples to listen to. I'd love to get one for my place.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

dorium posted:

some free codes

I grabbed the Nicolas Jaar code. Thank you.

And thank you for reminding me to pull An Odd Entrances out of the bin. That album is great.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Finally received my OMC How Bizarre single in the mail. The dance mixes are loving awful and they completely trampled on the spirit of the single; they don't use any part of the original except for the chorus vocals chopped up.

The Sunburned Hand of the Man shirt is real nice though.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Arcella posted:

Got these in from Light in the Attic last week and finally gave them a listen. The Country Funk albums are a lot of fun, maybe I should get more country (not Garth Brooks)

Also I subjected my coworkers to some city pop last night, I should get some more city pop before summer's over.

Country funk? I'm very intrigued.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

:sickos:

Also, I ordered this on Friday (should be shipping out this week), I recommend if you enjoy jazz vocals.

https://samarajoy-whirlwind.bandcamp.com/album/samara-joy

Look at how pretty the disc is!

I'm over color vinyl and go for the normal black but that actually looks really great.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Barry posted:

I recently went through the entire Animal Collective discography all in a row in preparation for that Pitchfork set. MPP is nearly desert island to me, Strawberry Jam isn't far behind and Centipede Hz is third to me. Painting With is kinda ok and the rest of their music is borderline unlistenable.

Chicago just had Lollapalooza without much incident and Pitchfork just sent an email that they're relaxing the requirement to wear a mask the whole time so I'm sure it'll go on without much issue.

I was already on the fence about going to Pitchfork for Sunday but I'm bowing out at this point. Not looking forward to telling my friends.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

On the Animal Collective talk if anyone is in/near Cincinnati they're playing a free show at Fountain Square in mid September I think.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Nick Lutsko is hilarious and I put up money for the campaign for this back in February. I'm honestly surprised it shipped this quick what with the state of the pressing industry rn. Glad I was able to support the guy and also get this p neat looking disc

Boat Parade is the perfect track for our anxious times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5YPCvowwJc

Lol that is incredible.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've got a feeling this release is never going to be released. :(

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

CPL593H posted:

It's probably delayed because of the pressing plants being backed up.

The wording on this makes it sound like the test press had audio issues. I'm well aware of the annoying backup at the presses. The new Green-House record isn't slated to ship until mid October and that's a real shame.

Edit: I'm okay with it being delayed due to a manufacturing issue or backup at the manufacturer but iam8bit doesn't communicate anything which makes me skeptical. I'm used to some kind of engagement about delays.

CaptainBeefart fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 25, 2021

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

sporklift posted:

I bought the Garth Brooks before it was cool maaaan! Back when it was $40ish for all three sets lol.

Lol but that's still a hell of a deal. Lmao

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

Comedy Bang Bang really needs to press the original version of the Monster Mash on 7" for the closest RSD to Halloween.

I'd buy that if it had the first 3-4 yearly versions with the lead in conversations no hesitation.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Received a copy of Don Hensley's I Can't Stand Still LP today (sealed even!). Never paid much attention to Dirty Laundry until I've been streaming WFMU's freeform station past couple months while working. One of the DJs loops the first 10-15 seconds of the track for talking over and it's some real good lofi groove.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

caligulamprey posted:

Rob Crow got Goblin Cock's Bagged and Boarded up on Bandcamp and I will not stand for this censorship. Always be buyin' records with dicks on 'em.

I still remember the day my friends and I discovered the CD at Best Buy as teenagers. Oh how we laughed...

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

wa27 posted:

We had an organized garage sale day along country highways yesterday. I hardly found any records, but I did find a greater treasure:

hot drat!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Received Bobby Lee's Shakedown in Slabtown today. Got here surprisingly quick considering it shipped from Germany. It's got a good instrumental mood to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISdzGZUMTk

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

dorium posted:

You should definitely purchase a copy of Endtroducing.

:hai:

I have no interest in the other stuff I've heard from DJ Shadow but Endtroducing is a masterpiece.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

abraham linksys posted:

this thread should basically include CDs, i think its what we're all gonna move to when vinyl completely collapses and it's literally impossible to get anything other than limited mondo releases of lovely 32x game soundtracks

Agreed. I was anti-CD (more ignored than anti) for the past 5-10 years but coming around. It's a CD buyers market right now.

I think it was the Garth Brooks box sets that changed things for me. I actually finally gave one of them to a friend today when I dropped off some edibles. They're going to have a fantastic night I imagine.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

marjorie posted:

Missed this WFMU post from yesterday, but thought you guys would enjoy.

Lol I saw that as well and walked away very informed. Cool stuff.

Also WFMU owns so much and I wish I was hipper to the station sooner.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Metallica lol. Boring rear end poo poo a bit ahead of ACDC. But if you're into it no judgement, I have a Sugar Ray RSD release.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

abraham linksys posted:

i mean, it's a tribute album. metallica might suck or whatever but i can't really get mad about a tribute album, who cares. probably should be like $100 instead of $160 but if you're someone buying a dumb physical version of a tribute album then whatever

hell radiohead's charging $120 for that 3xLP reprint of kid a/amnesiac and a 30 page artbook, this shits dumb everywhere. my standards are so low i'm looking at the metallica web store at the black album remaster that's coming out thinking "oh wow only $24 for a 2xLP," given the urban outfittersification of vinyl i would have expected $35 or something

Good point.

That Radiohead re-release is real ridiculous.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Swung by Skeleton Dust Records for the first time in 3-4 weeks. They ask for used record mailers to reuse so it felt good dropping off a handful of them before browsing. Pretty happy with my score after 5 minutes of browsing. Also feeling confident that I was one of the reasons they got the Marisa Anderson + William Tyler record in the shop. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Roth posted:

Trout Mask Replica is pretty good, I agree

I can never get past the first few songs. Should try it again soon.