Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I thought that was all that people did on the internet. :v: All the arguments end up semantics, snarky bullshit, or picking at spelling/grammAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Phat_Albert posted:

If you ride a 600 sportbike, you can never win.

You get "too scared of the 1000, huh :smugdog:" from other sportbikers
I took all the stickers off my bike, looks almost identical to the 2008 ZX10R. ;)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SaucyPants posted:

Sorry my $6,000 bike smoked your $200,000 car

Too bad you're sweating your balls off. :v:

I just don't see the point in comparing bikes to cars. That said, a 700hp car feels far faster than even an S1000RR to me. ( I've driven/ridden both :v: )

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I was mostly talking about straight line acceleration.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
When it's 110* out and I am stuck in traffic being literarily burned by the tank through my riding pants... well... ;)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I live half a mile off ASU campus, I'm hosed. :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

jdonz posted:

Yeah, but the scenery is worth it.

:) :) :) Seriously. I live across the street from Four Peaks Brewery too. Alcohol isn't my 'DOC' but it's nice to be able to walk over and hang out.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

frozenphil posted:

Have you tried walking instead?

Walking 20mi to work? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

frozenphil posted:

If you regularly break traffic laws and don't have a lawyer on retainer you're a moron. You're also a moron if you just pay the ticket without taking it to court.
Seriously folks, just give a lawyer $500 and tell them you like to speed. They'll give you their card and you'll never pay more than $100 to have every traffic citation you get dismissed and you'll keep your insurance clean.
I've been pulled over 3 times since moving to Birmingham, one of the most broke cities in America, and every time they've let me go without even giving me a ticket when I hand them my license, registration, proof of insurance, and my lawyer's card. Cops aren't going to waste their time with someone they know is going to make them prove their case; they'd much rather go after poor people and the stupid people who just pay the fine.

This

and if you get a ticket go to court and plead not guilty. The prosecutor almost always offers a plea bargain.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ola posted:

Lane splitting while playing Flight of the Bumblebee at 120 dB is my new goal in life.
I would probably crash from laughing so hard if I saw that poo poo happen. :lol:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ola posted:

My middle name is Marvin. Just putting that out there.

Every time I see your name on a post I think of the Mexicans around here because they spanglish the poo poo out of 'Hola'.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Xovaan posted:

I didn't even know what Tapout or Ed Hardy (?) were until this year. :raise:

Where the hell do you live? That was over and done with like... 5 years ago here. :psyduck:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Snowdens Secret posted:

Tapout/Affliction are a running joke around military bases, particularly Army/Marine bases (the joke is on the soldiers.) They're so prevalent I thought for a while they were one of the in-house brands for the PXs.

We have a song over here...

quote:

I'm a big douche at the Scottsdale bars, at the Scottsdale bars, at the Scottsdale bars
I'm a big douche at the Scottsdale bars, at the Scottsdale bars, at the Scottsdale bars

Look at me, look at me
Fake millionaire that makes 30 Gs
I lie to all kinds of girls and hope that they'll come home and sleep with me

I could tell you I could score some blow
I could tell you I'm a movie director
Spray on Axe 'til my eyes swell up
My skin burns but I smell much better

I drive a used BMW
Parked right in between those other two
Only 96 more payments and then I can rip up the IOU

Me and my friends have frosted tips
Me and my friends live to get ripped
'Cause if I see the picture lady I wanna look good for the pics 'cause,

Look at me, look at me
Claim I'm straight in designer jeans
High fives to all my bros who go out searching for hos with me
I go from club to club until I score
I sneak in to the VIP
I give it to cougars in the back door then tell my friends she was 18

I Spend lots of money on my hair products
So it can hold up to severe weather conditions
I keep ahead in business and thanks to them my dome looks bitchin'

Hotties, fatties, and all you cougars, me and my friends are gonna throw game to ya
I don't stalk girls it's called persistence
And yes my hair is wind resistant, 'cause,

Look at me, look at me
Pretending I'm on top
And my new tribal tattoo makes the panties go drop
My cocaine addiction, my cola is pure
My shirt is Affliction, my classes Dior
I can lie about expensive vacations
How Heather gave me oral gratification
And say I'm the Cardinals new rookie sensation
Or maybe I own this radio station
Eating six dollar burgers with Gavin Maloof
Here's my receipt that I kept as proof
And did I even mention I know all the Kama Sutra moves

Can I get to 80 with no DUI, no DUI, no DUI
Then we can park at Tempe lake and we can both get high, we can both get high, we can both get high

Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/blobots-lyrics-scottsdale-bars-c64fnzw#ixzz29UAzrqdE
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hope you like the 675. I liked mine initially but the soft power delivery makes it not as fun to ride to me... and we all know how that ends (trading the bike).

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I guess I'll give it a shot before I end up with a 07-08 GSXR750. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If getting the thing tuned doesn't make it an animal then maybe. I miss the way an i4 rides and wants to kill you; love everything about the bike except the power delivery.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

wallaka posted:

There are idiots anywhere. I have a Triumph Street Triple 675; with the stock throttle tube and map I thought it was a little soft. With a Speed triple throttle tube and a dyno tune it's not nearly as sedate. I have no problem keeping up with my buddy's Ducati 848 on the track.

It's not slow in the least, it just doesn't have that 'hit' of power an i4 does. I'm waiting for my TuneECU cable to come but I've been looking at this:
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-54213.html

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Where do you get the throttle tube from? I've been looking.

Also I'm really looking forward to regearing this bike this winter, with one down in the front and possibly one up in the back and the throttle tube the thing should be hairy as hell.

Dealer - PN: T2040331
My bike is -1/+3 right now... it's not real crazy.

Z3n posted:

It's one of those things where I know a couple of people who own them and seemed like reasonable human beings so I didn't think it would be this bad. It's not until I started digging that I found the real filth.
It's seriously like the BMW car forums - tons of idiots everywhere.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 13, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I dropped my Kawi with about 600mi on it the week I bought it. I'm drunk, let's go try and bounce the bike while sweeping the suspension adjusters. Welp.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Pretty much. Half the people where I work think my 675 is a Ducati because it's red and doesn't have a Japanese name.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
"What kind of bike do you have?"
"A Triumph Daytona 675"
*glassy look*
"It's red."
"OHHHH okay!"

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SaNChEzZ posted:

Most of my friends ride Harleys, so I get asked all the loving time. One of them has turned his Harley into a dirt bike, he's like +4 inches all around, chain drive, regeared, different suspension, he went from a night rod to that. He's a great rider, so I respect him for that, but his decisions are... questionable.

The other Harley rider always asks, and I dunno they just don't understand why someone wouldn't like them.

The rest of my friends want Harleys, but don't ride at all, so they can gently caress right off :downs:

e:

Said buddy.

Haha, I have a friend like that. Went from stunting F4is to a Harley. I kinda questioned it until pictures started appearing...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

All of the ones I've heard of require full face helmets and full leathers and helmets not over X years old and all kinds of stringent stuff. Even vintage racing. Tracks are taken seriously over here, even though street riding generally isn't.

Racing, yes. Trackdays - most C group / lowest level groups allow textile suits or a jacket zipped to riding pants. I've never heard of a trackday org checking helmet dates either, though every racing one does. My local one doesn't require a back protector in B/C either.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

This. Not having fairings means 230kmh is as fast as you can realistically go before you fly off. Unless you're really short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-tSm0XZfI
:v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I wouldn't be surprised if it is making over 300hp - the Hayabusas with the MCXpress kits start at like 400hp. The thing has no fairings. And it's running away from a fully faired GSXR1000. Over 180mph.
Some turbo Hayabusas are throwing down over 700whp.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 5, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Safety Dance posted:

For how many revolutions of the engine?

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/08/10/warner-goes-311-mph-racing/
Well, here is one that made it at least 2.5 miles.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
There is no way in gently caress a SV650N is doing 160mph without one of the 100hp hand grenade motors in it.

edit: Oh, KPH.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slavvy posted:

That would imply you thought I was replying to someone claiming their KLR was doing 160mph :haw:

Well, when dropped out of an airplane...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bugdrvr posted:

My stepdad is kinda crazy so when it snows he rides his Ural around complete with leather goggles and sheepskin bomber jacket on. It's the two wheel drive model so it's actually better in the snow than his Previa or his mid 80's 2wd Toyota pickup.

It's all fun and games until some assmunch asspacks you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Guinness posted:

Never dong it up within a mile of home or a mile of work.

Sorry, but there is a bridge within a mile of where I work. Bridges require standup wheelies.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Incursus posted:

2008 Buell 1125r with a D&D exhaust (148 dbs). Just don't be riding wheelies near your own house (big mistake) and keep the revs down while in the hood and it's all good. I also have a Husqvarna sm610 with a custom Up-Tite exhaust with the arrestor removed. I have not had any trouble in my apartment complex as long as I'm not ripping full throttle until I'm down the road a ways.

I don't know how you ride that poo poo. My Yoshimura passes a 94dB test and I wouldn't want anything louder.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Still damaging hearing after 1hr, best case. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Shimrod posted:

Parking it in corners is what squids do - gas it on the straights, hard on the brakes in corners. I've got a mate that does it and it's loving dangerous to follow him because you can't tell what he's going to do.

nsaP: I was doing that down the Toowoomba range the other day to see if I could. Made it the entire way through the 40 zone. Very fun.

There is a local riding spot that is a 15mph speed limit on the side of a mountain - on days that there are rangers I will just turn the bike off and coast down this twisty rear end road without my hands on the bars and use body english to bring the bike down the mountain.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Pope Mobile posted:

Have I mentioned the bike at school that has no mirrors or indicators yet? It's been down on both sides (wouldn't be surprised if it's multiple times) too. I'm betting this guy is either a poo poo rider or he chose an R6 as his first ride. Probably both.

I've been riding my bike around without fairings, mirrors, front indicators, or headlight for the past few days. Squidding, ahoy.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 19, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's a pre 03 ZX6R - really not that big of a deal to start on.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I suppose you guys are right. :unsmith:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Spiffness posted:

Unless it's someone I'm related to or very close to I basically just sit back and watch the magic happen these days. Too much good advice falls on deaf ears. Good source of cheap crashed bikes for the rest of us.

I'm in the 'inner circle' of where I work, do all the side automotive/tech poo poo... and a top level guy brought in his little prodigy last month. I'm cool with the kid now - we are the same age and relate about a lot of things. Top level guy and prodigy go back to Chicago last week and the kid comes back with a 2001 R1 in pieces. Top level guy pulls me aside at work and tells me to help put the bike back together so the kid has some form of transportation - I told him I will do this but what happens afterwards is completely out of my hands and I think it's a loving terrible idea.

This is his first bike. This can't end well.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 20, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Mine was a 2001 CBR600F4i - I'd only ridden a YZ80 for a couple of years when I was much younger. Then again, I worshipped road racing and read/watched everything I could about it from like age 14 to 20.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 20, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

I was just remarking today how slow my 675 feels, which puts out 105hp. Power corrupts :(

Dat fairly linear power curve tho

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Spiffness posted:

Secretly, we're the worst of all.

^ this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

nsaP posted:

Pretty sure the overall theme of CA could be summed up as "Do as I say, not as I do".

*hits triple digits every ride*
*just going down the street to the market*

*hits triple digits every freeway on ramp while floating the front 1st to 3rd*
*backs it into the right hand turn at the bottom of off ramps*

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 7, 2014

• Locked thread