Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I missed this one yesterday!

https://twitter.com/NewBlood/status/1774814329772154947

Also, Doug Huggem is now available for download.

https://getbonus.itch.io/doughuggem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

manero posted:

DUSK RPG when?

I mean there's DUSK '82 https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465510/DUSK_82_ULTIMATE_EDITION/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWOXiLjgdY

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dave Oshry will commission [...] Right Wing Art

:hmmno:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Both of the Daves tweeted a lot of anti-Trump stuff leading up to the election I don't think they're hiding their power levels.

The review posted shows one of the billboards with a Star of David talking about the masters controlling you and the creator defended it by saying modern day Judaism is a kabbalah cult and not the real mccoy.

:yikes:

yeah that's some nazi poo poo alright

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

John carpenter rules

:hellyeah:

the "Lost Themes" albums are :discourse:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's a very 90s sort of militia movement/Christian Identity far-rightism it was bizarre seeing someone who isn't a literal boomer have thoughts like that.

me: i wish we had more 'boomer shooters'

the universe:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

can't, it's regular doom not zdoom

wait is this why it's called zdoom? because of the z axis??

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rocket Pan posted:

Randi wanted it to appear at the end of port lists. Yes that's a real answer.

lol, nice

Rocket Pan posted:

Adoom would be at the start, not the end.

ὦdoom?

Convex fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 4, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I finally completed Turbo Overkill on 'Street Cleaner' difficulty after retrying the final boss about 35 times. Anyone know where I can get some new reflexes? I think these ones are worn out :ohdear:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
My problem with the Unreal games getting delisted is simply that I can't understand why it's happened. With other games, it's licensing of some sort (eg Chronicles of Riddick being an existing IP meaning it has a limited shelf life, and it's kinda hard to repurpose the game without that licence), but unless there's some absurd royalties agreement with someone, I just don't get why the Unreal games need to go.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Arivia posted:

I’m sorry but I regard my time spent installing games from six discs as a fond memory, a romance of what once was. Yeah it’s easier now but sitting and waiting and reading the manual has its own charms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0qwtS0z3Pk

I love that they kept these for the remasters :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Weirdest thing for me is that the original games have dated, for the most part, really well. Maybe Tim doesn't like the fact that the original engine still stands up with custom renderers and the decades of cool mods makes DLC in modern games look stingy and overpriced

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's 2024 and I've only just realised that you can deactivate the Jump Boots in BLOOD when not using them. This reminds me of when I found out that the beserk packs in DOOM still work after the red tint wears off.

Should've read the manual :doh:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SCheeseman posted:

I bind jump boots to C and use them by quickly tapping C, Space, C. You virtually never run out and its really OP.

That's a good strategy, thanks! I probably wouldn't have even realised this if not for playing Fleshed Out which practically relies on conserving jump boots to progress through several of the levels.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guillermus posted:

That's fair. I'm an old rear end that used to sail megagames and gamescopyworld to get NO-CDs so I could burn my original multiCD releases into a single DVD for easier installing. Funnily enough there were games that had no copy or even DRM at all so it was just a matter of copy/pasting everything into a folder and burn (like UT2k4).

DOOM became one of the biggest games of all time not only because it was awesome but because it had no copy protection. Had it required a codewheel or something, yes it would have been cracked, but the lack of any barrier to entry meant that my Dad's computer repair guy offered to pre-install the registered version on our new PC free of charge. Years later I have bought more copies of the game than is healthy despite getting the original game (and it's sequel) free of charge back at release.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Arivia posted:

I’m reporting you to the entertainment software association right now your crimes cannot be allowed

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Everyone had shareware DOOM. Relatively few people I knew actually had the registered version, pirated or not.

Fair enough, but what about DOOM II? I don't think I knew anyone that paid for a copy of that when I was younger

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Volte posted:

I had a legit copy of Doom 2 and Ultimate Doom. I didn't even know about software piracy back then and I don't even know how I would have obtained it since CD burners weren't a thing and there was no way the internet connection (did I even have an internet connection at that point? I can't remember...) could have sustained the download. Was there a multi-floppy release?

That's a you problem, Doom was designed for mouse and keyboard (albeit not the WASD layout we're used to today).

I have a floppy copy (lol) in the loft right now! I think Ultimate DOOM and Hexen, which released in 1995, only came out on CD-ROM though

edit: that said, the original DOOM was on floppy and episode 4 was a free patch (was this the first ever DLC?) so would have been easy to get around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

Convex fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 10, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And I know that you could also use your mouth with Wolf3D.

:stare:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

ROTT Ludicrous Edition has received a big update, adding multiplayer to the console ports (with full cross-play with pc), level stats on the automap, one final alternate actor from the cutting room floor, 4k 120fps support on Xbox Series, and the usual assortment of bug fixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtpImURZq6c

skasion posted:

Since I posted this, someone has stepped up to the plate and provided a Marathon Infinity fan soundtrack plugin!

Preview available on Bandcamp

gently caress yeah!

edit: also for anyone that didn't pick up ROTT: LE yet, there's a big FPS sale on Steam next week!

Convex fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 12, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I actually tried to install and play this just today, and it freezes at the developer logo :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If I'm able to take the lid off of a toilet bowl tank and adjust the float, I'll know that FPS games have finally made the next big step in FPS technology

Fastidious Plumber Simulator

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
System Shock remake is literally one of the best looking games I've ever seen, these people need to be pointed to Prey (new version) tbh

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that game looks good too

yeah they both look amazing imo, but Prey is definitely the 'immersive sim on a haunted space station' that works better with extreme graphics mods

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was forced to watch a movie with the TV's "contrast enhancing" auto-dimming and 60 FPS upscaler enabled at my dad's house

'motion interpolation' genuinely makes me feel ill, especially when it cuts to a new angle and the smoothing glitches out momentarily

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
hell of a soundtrack though

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Serephina posted:

Guys guys guys! GUYS.

Met a friendly barber today. When paying, made a note of what his name was so I could ask for him later. His nametag said Nukus, which was rather unique and easy to remember, so I asked about it. He said that's just a nickname, his dad named him Nukum after a video game character. He showed me his store login, he was serious.

!!!

did he say "drat, i'm looking good" every time he caught himself in the mirror?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

Gears 5 was 90% off some time ago. I tried that and it was boring as hell.

username/post combo

also :same: with regard to the Gears games. I tried 1, 4 and 5 and it feels like I'm just replaying the same gameplay sequence over and over again with some unreasonably buff people wittering on over the top of it and I just don't get the appeal. At least the newer ones have some colour though, Gears 1 was incredibly boring to look at. That early Unreal Engine 3 era where everything had to have a muted grey, brown or green palette really sucked

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hard Boiled is the real Max Payne movie imo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The best thing Ion Fury had going for it was the art design and aesthetic imo, which the sequel/successor throws out to ape the DNF 2001 trailer. I get that it's by different developers but the new one just doesn't look as interesting by comparison.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

skasion posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2881610/Mohrta/

https://youtu.be/zQly4VgAOh8?si=0ly-FtwbF9zVWI6J

Idk if someone already posted this but the Shrine/Vomitorium guy is teaming up with the Demonsteele/High Noon Drifter guy to make a new GZDoom shooter releasing next year.

Looks badass

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Wishlisted :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

Total Chaos now has a Steam page. Remember that GZDoom TC that looked like a relatively modern game? The developer went on to do Turbo Overkill, and now he's returned to remake his old hobby project in A Proper Big-Boy Engine as a bit of a victory lap.

:bisonyes:

Stoked for this! Turbo Overkill was amazing!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Gloomwood looks great and I bought it on the EA release day, but waiting for the full release to play, tbh. I also still haven't gotten around to The Black Parade mod for Thief so will prob get in that first

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Thyrork posted:

I am now thinking about those beans.

:same:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

repiv posted:

didn't someone figure out that if you delete certain package files in BL3 it mercifully just skips all the dialogue

if you delete enough you can skip the whole game!!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

While embezzling the development funds

I heard he poured them all into a giant upturned magician's hat and when he turned it back over the money had disappeared!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Oh gently caress pirate doom 2 is out??

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
3-D Monster Maze clone

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I knew something was up with those ice physics :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU