Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't even know who that is.

The system works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Black Mesa was also haunted

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I really want the action figures

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This just makes me want to play stafe though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Barudak posted:

My friend stole a copy of Kiss Pyscho Circus for PC and I was so enamored I got it... for dreamcast.

I was a stupid child and am a stupid adult

Was it better or worse than witchaven

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Barudak posted:

Edit: It is worth noting in the plot of Kiss Psycho Circus you don't even play as kiss. You play as a member of a Kiss Tribute band

On the bright side, youre not kiss. On the other hand, you think they're cool enough to emulate. God what a tough call

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I watched the BotW on it, I'm pretty much an expert on it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Well this is just fantastic news

I know! I can't wait for Doug Huggem either!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

And just make shorter levels

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pull up thread pull up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

John carpenter rules

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh I guess we're just posting lies now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gaspy Conana posted:

I kinda feel bad that they tied their cool levels and clever design ethos to such a dour theme. Yeah it's satire but this limits the audience to people who aren't exhausted by current events. I don't wanna see that face any more than I have to.

The Ultrakill one was really funny too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I played some nu-UT game about a year and change ago on epic games and it seemed alright but my comp was clearly not up for it. Didn't like the arc of the flak cannon but I feel they've been nerfing that since 2k4 (3?). Then it disappeared when they murdered the series entire. Mind you, it still took up space on my hard drive, I just couldn't play it. I remember it being a bear to uninstall too but that might just me being poo poo with computers and hating epic games

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Baron von Eevl posted:

Some stuff in ut2k4 holds up really well, the basic movement and weapon feel is pretty universally great, the maps are a mixed bag but often solid, but a lot of the single player and bot stuff is weak. The team management stuff is very dumb and not fun, and I think bots (I forget if online voice commands are a thing) have a tendency to yell dumb poo poo like "eat it bitch" all the time.

I played through all of 99 campaign on I think inhuman difficulty but the second I reached the actual teamplay portions of 2k4, I had to stop because the teammates were so loving stupid. Just completely ignored orders while also being very bad at it. I'm pretty sure it was CTF that was the problem, easily my least favorite game format though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Phones suck

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Doctor Bishop posted:

"Seven discs! The game came on seven discs!"

"In a row?"

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Lots of memories of playing C&C & StarCraft online, with ***56K NO*** in the lobby titles :allears:

They didn't say anything about 28.8 >_>

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Serephina posted:

You know, I was absolutely certain I'd seen that distortion well before I'd ever heard of gzdoom, but apparently I must have seen it in Hexen or something instead of Doom. I think I'll stand by my point however; even as a kid who was being spooked, the world felt full of artifice. The only time I really felt... uh, immersed (?) was when trying to spy what the outside, since the skyboxes where so cool.

Artifice used to mean skillfully crafted :colbert:

I do agree about the skyboxes though

koren posted:

It did not because you couldn't look up or down in the original release of doom, but you could look up and down in Heretic and Hexen. This was done through a simple and clever rendering hack and is distorted in the way discussed. Duke 3d's original renderer works the same way.

I kinda like the up/down distortion. It wouldn't be the same without it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

Adaca is on sale on Steam, just 10 euros. I just bought it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was forced to watch a movie with the TV's "contrast enhancing" auto-dimming and 60 FPS upscaler enabled at my dad's house

Watch the movie at the same time on your phone

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Only 240 mb, thought for sure it'd be huge. Oh well, not like I'm playing it for a while anyway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hey have you played it yet? I know they were doing something with the alt marksman and introducing the third rocket launcher, there anything with the nailguns and shotguns?

e: Oh btw there's a huge FPS sale on steam right now, so if there's anything you haven't bought that you've been waiting for, now might be the time. They finally dropped the price of reaver to 10 bucks, think I'm gonna grab it.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 15, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Kins posted:

...and Beyond Sunset has updated with an updated version of the old demo levels as a "Chapter 0" prologue mapset, along with an official release of the synthwave soundtrack.

I love that demo level so, so much. The rest of the game looked great and played fine but was otherwise alright. I was disappointed. I wouldn't even call it bad, just a letdown

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vargatron posted:

Other than the blaster, the grenade launcher has to be one of the poorer weapons in Quake 2. Love shooting grenades between an enemies legs!!

Not sure I've ever had this problem....

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I simply put my grenades on target

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Serephina posted:

Guys guys guys! GUYS.

Met a friendly barber today. When paying, made a note of what his name was so I could ask for him later. His nametag said Nukus, which was rather unique and easy to remember, so I asked about it. He said that's just a nickname, his dad named him Nukum after a video game character. He showed me his store login, he was serious.

!!!

Walking out with a black eye after you ask if he has balls of steel: "worth it"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So did you explain who duke nukem was

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Extremely mad about an already gimicky subgenre

Last Exterminator owns and Brutal John is strangely fun and stupid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah this sale is pretty great. For 10 bucks you can't really go wrong. The only question is do I want it more than reaver or am I gonna have to top off my steam wallet and get them both

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Selaco owns and I can't wait to buy it. I hope I don't get burned again though, I loved the Beyond Sunset demo and thought the actual game was... fine?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

All the ogres in Shrak

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean that penultimate map is probably the hardest in the game. I actually didn't find it too bad but maybe I'm just badass

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm not, just to be clear

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

I just noticed that Supplice started its Early Access release more than a year ago, on April 6, 2023.
On that time, the released 1/3 of the content (2 of the six promised episodes). I hope this doesn't turn into another Wrath, staying in EA for many years. :/

Or viscerafest

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shoehead posted:

I know people are talking about it a lot but this Phantom Fury game is uh... perfectly cromulent, looking forward to playing it when it's out of EA

I thought cromulent meant good

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kinda neat if the PF team nearly pulled it off after the whole demo fiasco. I've never seen people turn against throwback shooters so unanimously

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Next game they're gonna quiz you after the dialogue to make sure you were paying attention

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Brutal difficulty on ultrakill is very hard. I would not advise starting on it. I mean I've p ranked everything up to the first gabe fight which I think is gonna be a pain but I've also got a ton of hours in it already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've never played a borderlands and I never will