Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They probably really just hate Ken, considering the ending.

Now, Marie is pointless and I hate her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Don't sass the bunny hood. It's cute.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm also playing Persona 1 and there seems to be millions attack types that I don't even bother and I just spam the basic magic spells from the starting personas.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wow, I'm actually really excited for Persona Q. Though I wonder how the gameplay would be like? Would it really be like Etrian Odyssey or is it just random speculation?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope the game maintains the Etrian Odyssey difficulty.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Having a party of a giant drunk cat, a fat vampire, a transforming native american and a guitarist who can shoot flames from his guitar is pretty neat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Excels posted:

AtlusUSA posted this in the Twitch chat. :unsmith:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Beef Waifu is now dead meat.

Now to wait for P4DAN to come out to complete the Persona 4 trifecta.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think the protag is very cool and "hip" and knows what's down low with the kids these days.

But actually, yeah I think he looks neat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I got Persona Q! Battles are kinda slow. Nothing much to say since I just started.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Trash Ops posted:

How did you do this

The only game shop in this town broke the selling date by a week. I didn't even know until I checked to see if they got pokemon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Inflammatory posted:

from what i heard there should be a battle speed setting somewhere.

Yeah, but it's still a tad slow. Doesn't help that they like to run the entire voice lines full before they let you escape. Maybe I got spoiled by SMTIV and EQIV's speed.

Can't say much that doesn't spoil but if you play P3's route, everyone calls you leader which makes me feel like Hitler. There's also much more front attackers than back attackers so you're most likely gonna the three front/two back format.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

littleorv posted:

Also, I can't wait to play Persona the Fanfiction Game tomorrow. I've been Etrian Oddysey IV as prep for the game and it's also really good. Does anyone know if we get to draw our own maps in Q? Because that's my favorite part of the game.

You get to draw in your own map. It's actually really nice.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Fuuka is way cooler in PQ than Chie. And meat gum sounds disgusting.

Chie is just constantly talking about meat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
New Naoto sounds really weird, I'll be honest.
I really like Matthew Mercer tho.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Artix posted:

Nope, you do in fact have to step on them. It's incredibly stupid and I have no idea why they did it that way.

It's only really annoying on the 2nd labyrinth.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

projecthalaxy posted:

Is getting those chests required for progression?

No. I stopped getting them because I just forgot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

projecthalaxy posted:

Good because that sounds really stupid.

Just go through the floor and go back and open them with playcoins.
Not like you have anything else to use it for.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Manatee Cannon posted:

Do the characters not in your active party still get experience?

Yes. Sometimes when you finish requests, they level up because quests give exp to everyone.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
By the way, the main persona grinding method is killing FOEs so that they drop stronger personas and sacrificing them. You're gonna make lots of use of auto-walk.

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm only still in the first dungeon and I am already loving sick of hearing everyone talking outside of cutscenes, especially Rise during combat.

Your fault for picking P4.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

pulp rag posted:

Main thing that could never keep me going in EO4 was how open-ended and directionless it was. Q makes me really happy there's much more of a story and (so far, only like level 6) a lot more linearity.

Quick question for dudes that are further in: is it worth it to level up everyone, or can I just stick with my main party and just ignore the lovely characters like how I do in the main Persona games?

leveling people takes ages so just stick with your main party.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

quaunaut posted:

Do you ever get the members of the other team? To mix and match?

Yeah, of course. But the story mainly focuses on whoever you pick first.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
End of the first labyrinth.
Also, Fuuka have the better leader skill so you're gonna use her regardless.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Inflammatory posted:

okay i can now confirm that there are conditional drops, just got a request for one during the second dungeon.

edit: on that note, anyone know of a persona with an agility bind?

Scarecrow. From Ukobach.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want my Adachi nav pack.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Zurai posted:

Oookay, just found a battle with normal enemies that I think I'm going to have to completely change my party around for. It's via a quest, but it's 3 Phantom Mages, whose gimmick is to cast Wind Corrosion on the party (lowers wind resistance by 1 step) then spam Magarula nonstop. They're also faster than everyone in my party but Rei and Zen, who can't learn Wind Wall. So I have to find a high-level sub-persona with Wind Wall, level up a fast character, and have that character spam Wind Wall.

Seriously, Phantom Mages are insane. Even just one can be a TPK if there's also a Protective Lexy in the party, and two are dangerous on their own and lethal with a Lexy. Three is absurd, they do ~300 party-wide damage and stun everyone they don't kill on the first turn.

The worst thing is that it's a timed quest, so I can't even just skip it until later in the game. I have to beat it before going to the next floor.

My idea is to grab Yosuke, and get Succubus. She comes with Impure Reach which increase chances of inflicting ailments and lullaby song for sleep. Yosuke is crazy fast so he usually go first, cast lullaby song which would hit everyone and just single-target each of them until they are all wiped out.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I can finally have animes as demons in my cellphone.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
How did Yukiko even beat Elizabeth? What a disappointment.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I bet the P-team is regretting the new epilogue designs for the persona 4 crew since they change back to how they look originally for P4DAN.
They all look kinda weird, anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Vengarr posted:

Especially since it was Everyone's Favorite Detective who actually first suggested committing murder. All Yosuke says at first is "We can't let him get away with this!" and Naoto literally steps up to the TV and says "My, what a large TV. Shame if someone got pushed inside. If that happened, he'd never escape..." while tipping her fedora knowingly.

Nor does he really push anyone into doing it. Kanji is all for it as soon as Naoto suggests it. Yukiko has no opinion until you chime in one way or the other. Rise waffles and sputters, but Chie is the only one who says "This is crazy, what are you doing".

I really like that scene because it shows that they can be shitheads. Naoto's so hosed up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ultimax's plot felt like fanfiction. But it's a fighting game, so what did I expect?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want to punch demons with Ike and Hector.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yukari is awesome and realistic in the answer and it actually made me a bit uncomfortable.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Good thread.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That new song sounds like something from a kids show. Laying thick on that friendship theme, eh?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Harrow posted:

I'd say it's less of that than Shadow World is. I mean, if it weren't for the shots of corpses hanging from wires, the Persona 4 Golden opening could pass for a children's show any day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5pYCw4ET4

Sure, Persona 4 has some pretty dark subject matter, what with the serial killer on the loose and all, but drat if it doesn't have a good attitude about it. (I sometimes feel like I shouldn't adore Persona 4 as much as I do, but drat it, it's my favorite Persona game and I don't care who knows it.)

Honestly, I find the whole light-hearted vibe when there's a serial kidnapper around kinda creepy. Just really weird. I really wished they kept Dojima as the murderer, it would make the main plot a lot more interesting.

Harlock posted:

No love for Dojima-san.

Was Dojima even a choice? I voted for Kanji.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ruggington posted:

What a hosed up thing to say

Sounds like you need to face the truth, no matter how terrible it sounds.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I won't lie, having a smile that similar is kinda weird. But maybe I just want more SHO TIME.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
drat, it looks gorgeous. The music and menu screens are stylish as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I finally got the chance to play Nocturne! I'm sure the game would be fine, I mean I played all the other Megaten games like Persona and SMTIV.

I can't wait to see the waifus!