Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Qwijib0 posted:

the condenser goes in the utility room, right?

This reminds me of a thought I've been bouncing around, are there any systems that (intentionally, and with good engineering principles) dump waste A/C heat into a water heater tank? You've got a large thermal mass that you want to heat up, and large quantities of heat that need to be dissipated; seems like a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, and reduce your overall power bill. Maybe still have a condenser unit to dump heat outside when the water gets saturated, but is this a thing at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah if you think plungers are meant to be used like a ramrod then.. idk read a book

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Does anyone have a link to that home remodel nightmare blog a guy was making about his own new house? Money shot was a fake coaxial outlet that had no box and wasn't wired up, just a faceplate and ~3 inches of cable plastered into place. Seems like such an easy thing to find but my google-fu is not strong this day.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tunicate posted:

Oh, that slight asymmetry is the problem? Guess I have some work to do before I'm a real internet architect. Lemme fix it.

How's this?

Unironically better than the original.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

For a brief period growing up we lived in a house with a loop driveway (foreclosures yay), my dad loved it with his big pickup and trailer but it really shone when we hosted big family get togethers; a dozen cars in the driveway and no one was even blocked in, let alone spilling over onto the street.

Things changed and we moved back into a more standard house after like 4 years, but drat I wish I'd been older to better appreciate how dope that house was. Honestly for a 3.6k sqft. house it was actually fairly restrained as floorplans go, basically just two normal ranch homes jammed together, although the back porch/pool enclosure was pretty drat huge.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Speaking as a tall gently caress, when they figure out how to make a sun/moon/jupiter roof without lowering the internal cabin height and eating up precious cm of headroom, I'll consider buying one.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Bloop posted:

Don't anyway. They're poo poo.

"yeah but like... modern ones are goooooood, maaaaaaaaaaaan"

-anyone, after I bring up the extra potential failure modes a sunroof introduces

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm not a luddite, that's a hell of a leap to make. I've got very specific complaints about moonroofs, due to my height as mentioned; the potential for leaks and whatnot is just the icing on the cake.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Jaded Burnout posted:

What is a car but a small house cottage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXzDdaApunI

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Suspect Bucket posted:

Can confirm, pussies really prefer rounded off edges. Get the router and power sander!

I mean I've seen some extreme sex toys but this seems like a step too far.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Jaded Burnout posted:

How much like it, was it the same post?

I totally appreciate this subtle reference.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

As a dweller of Hurricania, USA, that giant limb sitting over a roof is horrifying to me.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

do they weigh at least 400 lbs? this is important

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Burt Sexual posted:

Spikey plants + pants down= high risk

high risk

high reward

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

On the one hand a sealed container of just CO and H wouldn't go boom because CO is not an oxidizer

Otoh yeah it's not gonna displace oxygen in a room and it may makes everything worse there

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah y'all, realize pot fillers aren't for bipping out 2 cups of water for your ramen, they're for filling bigass soup pots that are legitimately a pain in the as to carry when full.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i think you'll find soup pots are generally lighter by the time you're ready to take them to the sink or fridge. Since, you know, people are eating from them.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

GotLag posted:

What kind of lovely-rear end soups are you people making that involve filling a whole pot with plain water?

IDK how you make stock but my method does indeed involve water at some point

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I mean, if you're dumping it in a pot on a stove, the temperature it comes out the tap isn't gonna affect much except a few extra minutes to boil, so unless you've got sludge coming out the first few seconds then who gives a poo poo.

People are really overthinking all this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I think there's just some perspective fuckery and the nub wall is set back and sitting directly atop the ground floor's wall.

E: Or... not? Maybe there's some cantliver poo poo happening, idk.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

We should come up with a new driver to be the new universal standard, that'll be way easier than having a whole bunch to choose from!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

technically explain? yes.

morally/logically? not a loving chance.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

wesleywillis posted:

My favorite comment from that:

Your son will likely fingerbang his first girlfriend down there, or if you have a daughter sorry man

what, she'll finger bang her girlfriend?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

e: ah gently caress it nvm

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MrYenko posted:

Air driers are cruel comedy in places with 90% relative humidity.

“Well, my hands are still wet, but now they’re also sweating. Fantastic.”

...why did I just now put together why they're so utterly worthless? god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That's a generator input, it's hooked to house wiring through an interlock that requires you to disconnect the external main breaker before you can connect the generator circuit to the panel. It's never hooked to live power except when a gen cord is plugged into it.