Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Glad there is finally a Tower of God thread, it deserves it.
even if the OP's images are kind of poo poo quality

This is the only ongoing weekly "manga" I read. It's pretty much Hunter X Hunter, when hxh was good, in full color.

http://www.batoto.com/read/_/21834/tower-of-god_ch59_by_the-company

Actually, the latest chapter is a great example of the art. I think the author has gotten a lot better at faces especially. Compare chapter 59 with the first few chapters, even though it's a chapter with no text context, there aren't any stupid looking faces in it at all.

And yeah, I recommend reading at Batoto. Not only is it in long form and perfect image quality, it's where the translation group posts their work, so it comes out there the fastest.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
http://www.batoto.com/read/_/45059/tower-of-god_ch70_by_the-company

Frome posted:

They're really making us wait for the Yuri beatdown.

if it's really over at the end of this chapter, well, god drat :aaa:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

canned_fruit posted:

Has all this been stated in manga? There's a bunch of stuff I read on some wiki which I didn't know about and it seemed like the scanlations were a bit behind or something.

It's from the author's blog, for which he posts an entry with every chapter. The "scan"lations are up to date.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Koon always gets a profound line.

Here's some extra info that's been translated from the author's blog posts:
http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/832-master-author-blogtranslations-thread/

Includes the names of the 13 month series, the top 7 rankers, and quite a bit more background. It's a pity the author's blog isn't translated regularly.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Slime posted:

You know, I kinda like the author.

This one completely killed me

Despite the translation issues with some jokes, I love how he writes humor into the comic. It gives it character.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

The April Fools joke was a pun on ToG = Tower of Gold, I think, in addition to being a fake update to trick you into thinking there was an early release

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Slime posted:

New Chapter!

Akraptor's getting all protective of the kid. Maybe he does have a daughter after all.

I'm not sure what to make of the new test... the pairing in the rooms was deliberate, but what exactly are the rules of trust? Does he mean trusting the room literally, or figuratively in terms of the pairings?

let's fight is much less unclear though. and the author blog post said the rules will be explained next chapter

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

If the remote can't leave the room, and you can only use your own connector, why did Baam need to take the remote from Yeon? He's got to go get his own connector from the Ranker first.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

There's a translation out, of what I thought was an unfortunately boring chapter, but its on image shack and I can't for the life of me figure out how to access full-sized pictures on that poo poo. Magnifying glass does nothing...

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/234206-Raw-Chapters-Discussion-Thread-Spoiler?p=9944450&viewfull=1#post9944450

Maybe someone who isn't stupid can figure it out and mirror those.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

FUG seems to have their fingers in a lot of pies. Probably more than most realize.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Genocyber posted:

e: Wasn't there someone (a goon I think?) who was releasing hi quality translations on imgur? Did he (or she) stop?

Those are by a guy called northerncolors on the mangafox forums, and he posts them on image shack; we rehost his stuff on imgur as the shack can't be linked on SA.

He's not very consistent with his schedule, I think if there's a speed scanlation out he might not post anything

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

http://mangapirate.net/Tower_of_God/108/1

I think this group is basically a speed'scan', but it's definitely understandable.

Some great exposition this chapter, but the best part had to be the group names at the end, I loved them both. Team 'The Devil-Nim and I' indeed.

I'm not sure I understand the friend sheet, the context on how things are written and the annotations are definitely being lost in translation. For example, looking at the raw, it had similar annotations in red and black on it, but in the translation Koon's is just erased rather than translated.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

the faster translation version of chapter 117 is out. haven't read it yet

e: Quantz and Lero on floor 77. Looks like they're being sent to monitor Viole?

e2: was looking at last week's chapter from The Company and their phrasing is getting worse and worse. the speed group is just as readable, typos and all

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 22, 2012

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Sindai posted:

Yeah, the impression I got was that the water he and Rachel were in when they fought the Bull was extra thick with shinsoo or something because that was also where FUG was hiding the lobster, so just being in it made him more powerful.

This is basically what the chapter said. "The only thing I know is that FUG hid it very carefully in the experiment floor and they made a giant 'Water Tank' to take care of it. And the water inside the tank was very peculiar, like how a legendary fish in that tank might grow to be gigantic in size, or your ability to hand shinsoo would be amplifed" And Viole says that while the background to his words is the arena and water area of the final test. And then recall who was taking care of that level at the time. A FUG member, who was known as "Submerged Fish".

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Sarcophallus posted:

lovely Tower of God scan is out.

Replace every instance of 'The Night' with 'Baam'. I'm not convinced these translators have actually read this Manhwa.

Somewhat better speed translation/"scan":
http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/11345-spoilers-tower-of-god-season-2-chapter-53-raws/page__view__findpost__p__568811

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

One point has me excited: Team Tangsooyook is missing Horyang and Baam now. Adding Koon fills one slot. Guess who's set off to look for Koon who might fill the other?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

pinegala posted:

I forget who you're alluding to, but isn't the flash guy already joining?

Oh, right, that's me being forgetful in my excitement. Still, my hope is Rak also joins this team.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Another thought: Nothing slammed into a wall like that is ever "knocked out", especially when it would be dramatically appropriate for it to revive at a crucial point in the conversation

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Hietala posted:

Most importantly, is "Raleader, a true leader of these times" on the ship?

Yeah, he is. In the top panel here, the three sound effects are Bang! Bang! Bang!, which implies he shot Koon and Wangnan and then probably one of those unconscious people.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

The Company also translates the sound effect things too, and they clamped down on commentary in the past few months, so even if they aren't super fast I kind of prefer them now.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

The translation is kind of crap, but here's this week's:

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-69/2/

I especially like the shot of Gator

e: The focus on "Mr. Mask" makes me wonder if we're supposed to know who he is?

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 30, 2013

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

ahahah I should have guessed Koon but Mr Mask is an amazing incognito name

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

PFlats posted:

Did someone challenge the translators to throw a grammatical error into every speech bubble on this page? Jeez. Subject-verb agreement, folks!

edit: I don't know if it was said explicitly before, but Ran uses attacks made by the Koon princess and has blue hair and eyes. I never really considered he might not be a Koon.

I find it's worth it to re-read with TheCompany's translation (link to last week's). Usually there's a few small things they get right that the speed translation doesn't. The problem of course is they take an extra week.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

If your hair stands up, you become stronger.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

I didn't realize that the 'bong bong' was actually the 'secret item' that Androssi won, but that's a pretty drat useful power to have up your sleeve.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Slime posted:

It's easy to forget that among most regulars, Rak is probably pretty high up there. It's just that we've got Rankers, Princesses of Zahard, FUG members, Family members and Irregulars all over the place so he seems weak by comparison.

I think the great thing about Rak is he's not strong because he's ____ (fill in title here), he's strong because he's strong.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-90/2/
new chapter, speed translation

:tviv: best describes this chapter, i think. also i'm certain someone here called it.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Not much economy in this chapter, it could have been summed up with two panels at the end of the last one plus a rak vs beta fight scene somewhere.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Sindai posted:

Well now I'm thoroughly confused about where everyone is and who's going to be fighting who.

Sorced posted:

Inside the finals area:
Baam, Koon amd Rak are up against Reflejo who is with Hwaryun.
Androssi and Hatsu are going to fight Vargrav + Mei.
Quatero and leeso are searching for Novick and Akraptor and Yeon are searching for Horyang, who are both hidden somewhere inside the area.

Disqualified before the final round, i.e. already on the ship Ro has prepared to escape: Miseng, Ran, Anak, Parekwel.

Sill in the waiting room: Vespa, Verdi, Dan, Prince, Goseng, Chang.

Inside the semifinal area: Ro, Laure, Wangnan, Beta, Sophia.

On the ship: Cassano, the fug rankers, the tournament organisers, emily, the traveler and a whole lot of other people.

???: Xiaxia (probably inside the finals area?)

And the blonde guy is somewhere together with his Hi-Tech stereo. I think thats about everyone.

To elaborate, Ship Leeso's team was going to summon Androssi; since they weren't removed from the battle area when they forfeit she still gets summoned. Koon thinks "It's fine. It's still possible." regarding getting their rescue mission done in 30 minutes because Androssi brings with her teleport hax: the item. See also the red glow in the last two panels.

Incidentally this is the first time since Crown Game that Koon+Rak+Baam are going to fight as a team!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Man, it kind of boggles the mind how big the cast of good guys is now. SIU really needs a few excuses to get most of them out of the story.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Holy gently caress Khun.

And actually, I'm interested to see where Rachel's story arc goes, because it's hard to keep her credible when she's, well, being Rachel.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Bernardo Orel posted:

One thing I noticed is how much Hoaqin's demon looks like Baam's. So I wonder if it is the same entity that's always trying to use people in the tower for it's own gains or something.

There's a common factor, mind you. FUG. Could be coincidence, but that the mysterious demon suddenly appeared to Hoaqin seems suspicious.

Might just be a tower thing, though.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Jose posted:

Baams reaction at the end suggests this is going to happen though. Baam isn't good he's insane particularly about friends and knowing that Hoaqin doesn't give a poo poo means he'll try to save them most likely

Doesn't Rachel control whether their capsule opens? I'm not sure how Baam can do anything at all.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

I thought this was a good chapter

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-195/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=276

Chang casually leaving the cage was pretty funny

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Arcanen posted:

No thanks! This is the most interesting thing we've gotten out of Baam in a while. I'll happily take super pissed off Baam over "hmm, nothing better to do, so I guess I'll climb the tower ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Baam.

Yeah, I thought that was quite good. Baam works best when he's actually doing things.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

The Arie family hates him! Defeat any sword user with this one weird trick!

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-211/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=292

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Backstory.

Although I'm unsure how trustworthy anyone's narration is, especially outside Baam's little collection of friends, but yeah, all exposition this chapter. And Jahad Princesses (literally) crawling out of the woodwork everywhere...

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-213/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=294

I was joking about more princesses damnit.

nimby posted:

Khun keeps being Khun. Turns out the key to climbing the Tower is to just be slightly smarter than the average guy.

Seems a surprisingly simple solution, yeah.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Annointed posted:

"I only watch the news." Karaka that is low even for you.

I have to admit I didn't expect Karaka of all the characters in this dumb comic to get a laugh out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

I don't know how I feel about the Bam and Rachel teamup though. That seems... a bit too much.