Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

It's got some cool riffs, and is probably the best solo track yet, but they've all been boring so far. It's like he comes up with a riff and says "I'll do this for 45 seconds" and repeats that process until the song is over. I really wanted to like it as I love Immortal but something is definitely missing from these songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

To me, Megadeth has been unlistenable since Cryptic Writings (and I hated that album at first). They're listenable again! Most of the songs are at least decent if not good, and I actually like the Mega Man song. Not all of the songs really "work" as a whole but it's a big step up from all the poo poo over the past 15 years.

And Dave is getting closer and closer to Al Jourgensen kook levels, which should be annoying but it's oddly charming .

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

I really liked and still really like Pantera up through Trendkill. They were really aggressive and wrote some great songs, and Dimebag was a talented guitarist (he improvised the Cemetery Gates solo for example). I was listening to my brother's Death and Deicide tapes too but the vibe is very different and they both have their place. And hair metal had just died for gently caress's sake, before that you would be hearing Def Leppard and poo poo. That doesn't necessarily mean anything about their music, but they were popular and taken seriously back then. I don't know anything about five-finger death punch so I can't draw a parallel.

All that said, I probably listen to them every few years or so if that. Down, on the other hand, still gets in the rotation pretty often.

It's weird - anyone I've met IRL that likes metal likes at least some Pantera (regardless what they think of Phil or their fans) but the internet hates them, there's a big disconnect somewhere. Can someone point it out to me? (I already disagree with the low-effort statements like 'bad tone' 'boring' and 'ur gay' but if someone's willing to spell it out I'd be interested)

I probably would like Lamb of God if they came out when I was young and angsty :(

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Thanks, this is really loving good!

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

Listen to The Bleeding, it's the last one with Chris Barnes on it and my favorite.

My favorite too. I thought Vile was really boring - I didn't follow CC at all for like 15 years after that came out.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Brujeria declared war on donald trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dliVvMbWB4o

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

TollTheHounds posted:

Inquisition song premiere from their new album

:frogsiren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdbsGFrvbY :frogsiren:

You can pre-order from Season of Mist, including Inquisition's usual Limited Edition Goat or Cow Leather Sleeve Double LP :derp:

http://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/pre-order

Awesome.

I saw Suffocation last night and they slayed! It was my first time ever seeing them. I didn't even know Kevin Talley was their current drummer, so that was a great surprise.

I thought Battlecross would be cheesy as hell, but they were only tongue-in-cheek cheesy and put on a great show - definitely seeing them again if they come around. All you fun-loving metal types should check them out.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I haven't kept up with Megadeth since Crypitc Writings. The track Dialetic Chaos off of Endgame is pretty good, reminds me of the intro tracks they used to do back in the Peace Sells/So Far era, but other than that nothing has really grabbed my attention. Reading through their Wiki page it sounds like they've been putting out at least halfway decent material pretty consistently with the odd stinker album here and there. Do any of their post-2000 releases stand out to fans of their 80s/90s stuff?

No. Dystopia was notable for not being terrible, but it still doesn't click like the older stuff and after listening to it once or twice I don't remember any of it and haven't had the desire to try to like it listen to it again.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

When will bandcamp offer albums on 3.5 floppy discs, it's such a great format for metal!

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Metal sounds best on my vintage 1990 Sony Walkman

I don't have a problem with tapes I just think it's funny that they're coming back.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

This fuckin rules

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Krisiun will melt your loving face live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Detective Thompson posted:

Oranssi Pazuzu and Dark Buddha Rising got together and made some music under the name Waste of Space Orchestra. They released their first track a few days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ia-nyd_K8

This is dope! I've never heard of Dark Buddha Rising, will have to check them out too