Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Dennis McClaren posted:

Bolt Thrower (similar to Korn)

new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
saw slayer/megadeth/testament in a big rear end field in 2010. found a killer spot in the middle of the crowd to watch slayer. within seconds, the spot i was in turned into a giant pit. i had enough time to notice that no one was around me.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
saw goblin last night and they ruled.

i don't know what thread to talk about goblin in, so i just picked this one

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the new the sword song sucks

edit: here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpWhtoW3j4

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 19, 2018

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

A human heart posted:

It's cool when bands are consistent

they've been pretty bad since warp riders

i think modern mastodon is better at this point

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i just read the entire comments section to one of the taake posts on metalsucks

please send me thoughts and prayers

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Kvlt! posted:

Holy poo poo, this is like death metal custom-tailored to my preferences regarding dm. I am absolutely loving this band. Extremely my poo poo! Thanks for sharing.

it stratches the gently caress out of my 'bands that kinda sound like winter' itch

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 28, 2018

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
meh...i guess i'll go see slayer on this tour. they added napalm death to the 2nd leg

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Gotta give the people what they want

i'm only really going because i've never seen anthrax live.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
question: who toured with opeth on the ghost reveries tour in 2005?

my hosed up memory is telling me that enslaved did

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Smirr posted:

If you ever wonder who toured with who, check out the one thing that last.fm is actually useful for:

https://www.last.fm/music/Opeth/+events/2005

Yes, Nevermore opened for Opeth on some 2005 US dates, Pelican on others. DT and DT opened in early 2006.

oooohh right. i totally confused that tour with the watershed tour. now i remember. i asked pelican if they needed a lead singer, and they told me no.

edit: i've seen enslaved 5 or 6 times. probably my most seen band.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 11, 2018

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
can we start respecting nu metal itt?

thanks

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

joem83 posted:

The red wine and sage was hippie nonsense but dammit, Wolves in the Throne Room sounded amazing. Great show.

they sounded like a bassy sack of poo poo in portland. like, extremely heavy on bass and nothing else. it was pretty sad.

enslaved, on the other hand, sounded loving unreal

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

kumba posted:

agreed, we need a change it's been too long

i say yes

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

H13 posted:

20 years of Opeth's Blackwater Park.

Opeth became a pretty heavily played-out thing in the metal community where Opeth fans almost became as annoying as Tool fans (unfortunately, I am both). However I think it's worth acknowledging that era of Opeth (Still Life, Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries) was pretty drat unique for it's time, and even today whenever a band does cool weird chords in metal, it can't help but feel a BIT Opeth-ish. They're a band with many imitators, but none of those imitators were able to take the Opeth thing and nail it like they did.

So hey! Cheers to a legit killer album (even though I prefer Still Life) which I would argue changed things in metal for a bit, and definitely put Opeth on the list of metal's legendary, but often hated bands.

i first found opeth around that time, and holy poo poo did it open a major door for me. i was mainly into thrash, and opeth was one of the first bands with growls that i started to get into, which exposed me to so much more metal

i still have their first 5 in my rotation. orchid & morningrise are loving underrated

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

sticklefifer posted:

N/M, it's not until October. The announcement was today. Still, we get a new track and a video.

https://youtu.be/ErTgN2zoTkA

that was one of the best tracks they’ve done in years. i’m a huge enslaved fan, but that last album was kind of a letdown.

also, i’m not even kidding when i saw this, but, ivar is one of the nicest people i’ve ever met.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i'm selling my general admission ticket for the babymetal/dethklok show in seattle. can't make the show, sadly.

dm me if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
seeing agalloch for the 3rd time tonight. i am excited.