Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

ICR posted:

I continue to always be in awe of a literal Stand Up for WWE movement yet no other promotion does this in these kinds of numbers and with so much hate.

It’s the Fox News of Wrestling and it’s so disappointing to see. Elias came back, cool. Jericho/MJF did a musical number too, cool.

The war is so one-sided and it’s so stupid.

Those boots won't lick themselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I could obviously post some examples from this person but I won't. They exist and totally vindicate me. I will not apologize for fundraising a dog that sniffs out hard drives.

Anytime anyone speaks about human trafficking in the US now, I just tune them out or get worried. Jade Cargill for instance dropped some stuff about it on the AEW podcast and all I could think was, "Oh god, it's spreading to AEW."

I understand your concern, but personally am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. Since human trafficking and child abused are real problems that unfortunately a lot of psychos pretend to care about these days and just make things worse.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not a big Star Wars fan but Rogue One was pretty darn boring. Not sure if it was worse than the prequels though.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Alaois posted:

ftr are extremely good

In ring maybe, but apparently not so good at getting the right kind of heat!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Alaois posted:

"the right kind of heat" is apparently "anything that doesn't actually made me mad"

Or maybe some people think it's not worth it to associate with people who threaten violence against and hurl offensive slurs against your real life coworkers?

If you disagree say so but don't post bullshit like you did.

I even like FTR but c'mon.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

If you, as designated bad guys, namedrop someone and say that you'll beat up the good guys in his name then I'd think the implication here is that said guy probably isn't someone the audience ought to admire.

True, I still think it would be better not to mention him at all though.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Oh yeah the AEW women’s division isn’t there yet but they are taking the right steps despite some setbacks and it will get there.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Frankly Effy is being generous by saying Vince had three different good ideas ever.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

WBF, ECW Champ Vince, and RAW is Benoit

Welp, I have been proved wrong!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

WWE killed the UK scene then during the funeral the remains exploded.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Lamuella posted:

I have 5% more hope for the future of the UK scene than most. There's no chance of a native promotion getting TV, and honestly little chance of any shows running until the entire population is vaccinated, but there's creativity and artistry there that I think can be harnessed. Riptide and Resurgence are both on IWTV, which sets them up to get shows to a broader audience. People like Charles Crowley are finding ways to work in the pandemic with projects like You Are Cordially Invited, and several promotions have managed to put together non-shabby codes of conduct and models of operation. Resurgence especially have done a good job with this. It's a weaker scene than before (Covid, Speaking Out, and NXT UK each had an effect) but there's ground something could grow in.

This is reasonable and I do hope those involved in the UK scene make something better than what was there before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I've always found Barnett to be very arrogant and hypocritical.

I love Bloodsport but not surprised to see him being a dick.