Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Holy Demon Army was the best tag team of the 90's. Fight me nerds :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chuck Taylor needs all the belts, all the time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mocchy looks incredible for being 50 in January

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Imagine how much better it would have been if it had been played with the old AFL grand final rules. 'Oh, it ended in a draw? gently caress you, play the full match again next week'

e: also I think the FA cup used to do this, with hilarious results

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Yup, replays were standard in a lot of cup soccer. Actually still is in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup and I'm assuming the FA Cup. But not the final anymore

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/nov/21/oxford-city-alvechurch-longest-fa-cup

:laffo: A 1971 FA cup match was replayed six times in three weeks until a winner was crowned. More sports need this level of madness.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's also when Jay shut up about a mole so it would of made sense. They should of made Yoshi-Hashi the mole and redebut him as a best friends knockoff with Kanemaru.

Was Kanemaru also a BC mole in this fanfiction?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nah, it's late, I'm dumb, and Kanemaru is kind of forgettable.

You're just begging for a Suntory Surprise

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do like him during that period in autumn when everyone in New Japan wakes up and gets really snug and snappy. He does have some fun matches.

I don't know where you live so am not sure if you're referring to Pre or post g1.

But Kanemaru rules year round

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah, the bad hemisphere. Copy that

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bison :smith: Another guy gone far too soon

This led me to his wikipedia page, which for whatever reason lists his NOAH debut as 2005, when cagematch has cards going back to 2001

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lance Storm is a very funny man

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was expecting Juvi and came out disappointed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seams posted:

There’s an Australian term “root rat” which means what you’d think but I usually hear it applied to men which is kinda funny

Must be a disconnect between Perth and the Eastern States because I've lived here my entire life and have never heard that term.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/DoukiPerros/status/1277251361298477057?s=20

"Hit people with iron pipes fast" according to Google.

Douki :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm sure there's a joke about Cage getting his poo poo in, but damned if I'm the one to find it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I am ready for Okabayashi to throw Violent Giants around like they're children

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

CarlCX posted:

TJP has wrestled, at a glance,

-Jushin Liger
-Hiroshi Tanahashi
-Yuji Nagata
-Will Ospreay
-Kazuchika Okada
-Pentagon Jr
-Fenix
-Gran Metalik
-Drew Gulak
-KENTA
-Pac
-Kota Ibushi
-ULTIMO loving DRAGON

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1286958120015507456

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Not a wrestler nor, in truth, actually wrestling related in anyway. But it is social media, and I believe it belongs here
https://twitter.com/royminiscing/status/538597775798054912

Not worth reporting to the tribunal

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The New Japan thread was so positive in January and February, we didn't know that we'd be without King of Sports for several months :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I Before E posted:

This is just the fancy version of dipping fries in a frosty

Is that actually a thing? :yikes:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shine posted:

OH MY GOD YES IT IS

This is why I don't leave my house except for work. Buncha fuckin wierdos dipping chips in drinks out there

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

A frosty isn't a drink, and if you left your house (and ate wendy's like a real goon) you'd know that!

Also my 4 year old nephew loves dipping nuggets in whatever he is drinking. Milk, water, juice... He stays dipping.

Ah, there's the issue. The Wendy's we have in Australia is a different restaurant that as far as I can tell doesn't sell frosties, or if they do it's not under that name.

When I heard frosty my mind jumped to frosty chocolate milkshakes.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

If we're talking dumb gimmicks that were DOA then Chavo Guerrero pretending to be a rich white dude was going nowhere fast

Was that was Ziggler did right after Spirit Squad? Jesus that dire

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It took me a second, I was trying to figure out why Lashley looked so bored

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hopefully Goto's son will win the IWGP championship one day and let his dad hold it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Book Taz as Kurt Angle's son

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If that doesn't win Endo champion of the month I don't know what will

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thauros posted:

endo's having a good basho but suffered his first loss today and i'm sure the yusho winner is gonna be terunofuji or takakeisho. i'd be all in favor of adding one of them to the monthly poll tho

I mixed up endo and enho in my mind and was momentarily elated that my little man got off to such a great start. I was quickly pulled back down to reality

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lid posted:

Enho is on the bullet train to Jyuro

Luckily Ura is maybe coming up to replace him

Hopefully not, I rather enjoy watching Enho pull off flips and poo poo to break up the regular high level sumo. Even if the rest of the pack has figured out his tricks, I'll still cheer for the little man.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 13, 2020

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hayabusa walking to the ring for his retirement is the only time professional wrestling has made me cry. Hard to believe It's been nearly 5 years

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just Kongoh being buds. For those who don't follow NOAH, Soya is the one on the right

https://twitter.com/metal0515/status/1341394043398463488

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hero's cardio got better the fatter he was, no way Jericho could keep up

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao did hogan even even get 100k for a single show at his peak

https://forum.wrestlingfigs.com/thread/362864/classic-wwf-wrestler-pay-megathread

Who knows how well researched this is but apparently Hogan made 750k for MW3 per Meltz

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Horny posting should not include hog speculation, which is less about horny and more about a vibe.

Exceptions have to be made for Finn Balor and Tetsuya Endo, because there's concrete evidence of their superbigdicK

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RealFoxy posted:

Are the Browns benching like 7 of the best players on their roster because they're not the right kind of over, though?

The Browns started their 6th string WR last week because OBJ tore his ACL and the next four guys all got put on the COVID list two days before the match.

Pretty much exactly what i'd expect out of the 'E

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yep, that's when I started following them. Jon Bois had touched all our hearts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Did Cheeseburger get super jacked in the last year, or start wearing a Hydra-style musclesuit?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

With the way Cleveland are currently Brownsing it up this tweet will be deleted within 2 hours

e: wow, nevermind me. Didn't believe hard enough in Baker

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 11, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

EZ Money finally getting the respect he deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Every so often I get reminded that Covid is still loving things up around the world and it's like it never happened here. The joys of being so isolated from the rest of Australia.

But yeah, if your city is still getting ravaged then don't add to the problem without a good reason. If you do then you're a fuckwit