Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Nice OP :)

One thing I feel is worth mentioning, the best places to buy trades/hard covers are usually either Amazon or DCBS. Their prices are typically way better than Barnes and Noble or other places, and if you get stuff on Amazon you can get free shipping with Amazon Prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

My modest collection

That is the corner of the big Wednesday Comics HC underneath the Gilmore Girls DVD's. Also spotted is the Absolute New Frontier in the back of the second row on the right.

Here is the big stuff. I've only read the Ultimate ___ HC's so far

e: yeah I know, the Titans trades :negative:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Depending on what is collected in the Ultimate Spiderman Omni I'll probably get it and then sell my smaller HC's

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Now that leviathan strikes came out, I can start my Batgirl custom bind.

I think this is the order I'm going with. I sorted it out a few months ago while waiting for Inc #9.

I need to figure out the options I want. The book color will be purple, and gold or yellow for the lettering. I kind of want to do a die-stamped bat symbol but the SBS premium bind is a lot more money and the turnaround is a lot slower

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

redbackground posted:

That's basically what I'm doing, but moving WF up to between 4 and 5 (5 begins a new arc). I'm also not including RR9 as it's just Tim dicking around with Connor. Specifics and a full thread of info here. I'll be going with H&R's eggplant Arrestox and yellow foil, and it will be lovely.

Yeah I saw that and second guessed mine a little. I'll adjust the WF placement, I only had it that way since I ordered it by when the books came out. I might leave RR #9 in there since she appears in the book, I haven't decided yet.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Wildele, did you ever get your Birds of Prey bind order settled? I figured I should send more than one bind out and I have nearly all of BoP Vol 1 in it's entirety save for a few issues that I could get together easily. I found one order on the binding forums, just curious to see if yours differs from it in any way.

I'm also unsure how to deal with issue eight. I am not cutting up a 70+ dollar book, but I imagine it would be expensive to scan and print the pages. I don't want to omit it from the bind either

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

jimcunningham posted:

I don't know what issue your talking about, but I'm wanting to do a Gambit book, but I'm not going to cut up my good copy of X-Men 266 so I'm going to find a 4.0 or 5.0 grade for ~$5 and just print a good cover. That's what I would do in your case.

Birds of Prey #8. Most copies go for good money but I was lucky enough to get mine for cheap. I'm not going to cut it up though

jimcunningham posted:

I'll help anyone do custom art if they want it. For free, but you might have to check it for measurement specs after I'm done, cause I'm an idiot and new to binding.

I will definitely take you up on this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

jimcunningham posted:

Mile High has a copy for $11.70 that's the best I can find. It's not collected in any trades. No scans. That sucks. Do you want a custom cover for Birds of Prey? or something else? I'm bored.

Considering doing one for the Stephanie Brown Batgirl bind. I'd do one for the BoP binds too but I'm going to have to break that up into five + volumes because there are about 180 issues including one shots and stuff.

e: I lied there are like maybe 140 issues with one shots but that's still a lot

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 28, 2011

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Is the Johns Flash Vol 2 omni as bad as the first one is supposed to be?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I never cracked the shrink wrap on the first one, what was so bad about it?

According go the reviews on Amazon, it is glued instead of sewn and doesn't collect as much as it should

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Oh hell and drat yes. I've been slowly picking up the Ultimate Spidey OSHCs and was wondering how they were going to cap the whole thing off. I've got the old Barnes & Noble "Ultimate Spider-Man Collection" (basically the same thing as the new Ultimate Spidey Omnibus vol 1 sans #0) then I have the OSHCs. This'll make for nice omnibus sized bookends for my Ultimate Spidey books :hellyeah:

I picked up an extra set of Ultimate Spiderman Vol 9 and 11 hardcovers at BCC a few weeks ago to flip, but I haven't listed them yet due to laziness. I'll give you first dibs if you want

Also good call on getting the B&N special edition HC, I got mine on eBay and it was very much worth it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

You got plat?

Yep

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Vakal posted:

Not exactly comic related, but Barnes and Noble has a good deal on the Simpsons World Hardcover book.

Basically it's 1,200 pages of episode summaries and other information covering 20 years of the show.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/simpsons-world-the-ultimate-episode-guide-matt-groening/1024595321?ean=9780594045052

Normally it goes for between $90-$130, but B&N has it on sale for $14.00.

And if you use the coupon code, T4T8J4A, it will knock a few more dollars off.

Will they honor this in-store?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Glenn Danzig posted:

Here is a partial shot of my 5x5 Expedit in black

These are my 6 shelf Billy's

:stare: I am jealous. Nice job

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Amazon delivered my New X-Men Omni yesterday :)

Been trying to find one for a while, so I'm glad they did a reprint

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Does B&N charge you right away for a pre-order, or when the order ships?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

redbackground posted:

:frogsiren: ATTENTION: IT'S A BSS RAFFLE! WHAAAAT?! :frogsiren:

In celebration of a New Year, between now and Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, January 7th, 2013, anyone who posts at least one photo of their comic bookshelves will be entered into a random drawing to win a Custom Title gift certificate (a $5.00 value! :eyepop:). Now's your chance to change that crusty old avatar you've been holding on to for years at no cost to you! This contest is open to any Something Awful forum member except myself, and you must have some comic-related books in the photo. It doesn't matter if your books are stored in the finest Ikea-produced shelves available, or in a moldy cardboard box, just show off your stuff. You can post as many pictures as you want, but you will only be entered once. Good luck, one and all!

Not pictured: New X-Men Omni :shobon:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

I would imagine so. Sales are holding up relative to the Parker years, right?

In other news, I only lack USM OSHC vols 9 and 10 until my USM life of Peter Parker collection is complete! (I bought volumes 11 and 12 and the Death of Spider-Man Omnibus already so that when I get 9 and 10 I have a fuckload of awesome Ultimate Spidey action to tear through) If I wasn't the Brokest Goon I'd already have them.

I have an extra Volume 9 HC still in the shrink wrap if you are interested.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Money is super tight right now (I'm getting married in April and am saving up for the honeymoon). But thanks!

edit; Just out of curiosity how much are you asking?

Can you do 20 shipped?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Is Absolute Batman & Robin worth selling my individual HC's for and then getting?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes.

Anybody want to buy my three B&R HCs?

No mine first :colbert:

edit: oh wait I only bought the first one cause of the Absolute edition lol

e: is there going to be an absolute of the other Morrison Batman stuff?

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 19, 2013

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Why does the Ultimate Spiderman Vol 8 HC have to be so expensive :negative:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's been out of print for loving ever. You may as well sell the others you have and buy the Omnibus version.

Anyone interested in a cheap X-Statix Omni should check out the HC thread in SA Mart.

The other ones are OOP and not as expensive. It's going for like 100 bucks used easily, the others I can still get still wrapped for like 20-40. I don't think the Omni it's getting printed in is out yet either is it?

e: the only omni's that are out now is a re-print of the B&N special one which I already have, and the Death of Spiderman one which I don't have yet.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Glenn Danzig posted:

Multiple copies on eBay have ended at $50 for v8.

The hardcover version?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I want to get the Invincible Iron Man HC but the goon in me doesn't want a potentially marked book :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Volume 2? I have one more I think...

Yeah, let me know

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Is there anything good that's in danger of going out of print soon

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Well don't leave me hanging!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Someone here mentioned that IST is actually cheaper than Amazon on some things so I went and looked at some stuff I had on my wishlist... this is both a good and bad thing :ohdear:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

So there's no reason I shouldn't sell my Sinestro Corps Wars HC's for the Absolute Edition right? And then do the same for Blackest Night and Final Crisis and whatever else

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

i have those TPB's, I didn't mind them. I am missing a few in the middle and end of the series run though

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I've never had to return a book because of damage from Amazon. They always package them appropriately and never show up damaged. (knock on wood)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Yeah it's totally a region by region issue because Amazon themselves don't do all of the shipping nor do they have a set standard that is followed nationally. I never had issues when I live in PA, but when I moved to IL, things got a lot less consistent. IST does do awesome shipping though. I've never had the long waits that people talk about and their stuff is packed so well.

Yeah IST packs everything great, I just wish they shipped faster. Amazon Prime is pretty much the best thing ever

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I have four billy shelves, two for books and two for DVD's. I have all my heavy hardcovers on the bottom and have had no issues over about 4-5 years. I need more of them but I have no space sadly. I've had my Fredrik desk since December of 06, and I bought whatever the glass display case that Rhyno has is called on a New Years sale a couple years back and it's all in great working order still. They make good stuff

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Thinking of selling my Daredevil Omni's. They are all still wrapped and I don't think I'll ever read them any time soon, and I have a pile of books waiting to be shelved

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The Engine Driver posted:

Which DD omnis do you have? I might be interested if you do end up selling those.

Brubacker Vol 1 & 2, Bendis Vol 2

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Buy your Expedits now hardcover lovers, IKEA is doing away with them.

http://consumerist.com/2014/02/20/ikea-to-record-collectors-dont-freak-out-about-the-death-of-expedit-shelves/

There's a kind of replacement but it sounds like it's gonna have thinner material.

Better buy a couple to stash away for myself then

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

redbackground posted:

Nobody uses comicbookdb :(

700 has not, but The Return is in the Absolute Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn, so enjoy that supersized David Finch art :barf:

I do!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Are the Brubaker DD omnis really worth like 300+ a piece? I was browsing on Amazon and that's what they are all listed at new, maybe I should sell mine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'll never forget that beautiful day a few years ago where Amazon mispriced a handful of Marvel Omnis and a few other high-end hardcovers at $15 each, including the Bendis DD Volume 2 and Brubaker DD Volumes 1 and 2. I just bought those three and Criminal OHC Volume 1, but I think other people stockpiled everything they could while it lasted.

I bought a big stack of omnis that day. It's how I ended up with my DD books, among other things. Barnes and Noble also had a similar, but less expansive screw up around the same time