Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

How, where, and how much?
Magic
Herring and Robinson
20 a pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

What do you use for the donor copies? Guts of TPBs?
All single issues.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I did some used book shopping today, and I had no idea that Fury MAX: My War Gone By came out in such a beautiful OSHC. :swoon:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mahasamatman posted:

Does Marvel put everything into OSHC?
No.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

I just wish they would include letter columns and stuff more regularly in those. Really other than that the only omission is Hickman's letter after the last issue.
Full-length letters from the authors as they start (less common these days) or leave a book are some of my favorite comic-booky things.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Arrived for me in the post today:

(Not sure why the pictures are sideways. :shrug:)
Very cool.

Did they include Action 600?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well that's weird. It was included in the original Perez trades, and it's a pretty important Supes/WW story (and Perez inked over Byrne's pencils) that both titles had been leading towards. Wonder why they killed it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

They're probably never doing vol. 9 of that line, are they? :sigh:
Good one! :mmmhmm:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

I received a trade paperback through the mail, problem: the book's cover is dirty. It's covered by a dust and has few dusty stain, how do I remove those?
Um...a paper towel...?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

I guess I better start saving...

You cold simply buy a much cheaper trade of Born Again. Marvel has reprinted it a million times, and for good reason.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Wouldn't I be missing whatever else is in that omnibus?
Well, yes, that's the nature of an omnibus :)

But Born Again is worth just grabbing on its own, and is easily the high point of what's collected in that Companion. Man Without Fear is also super-easy to grab as its own trade.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 2, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Good on DC for keeping the Perez WW train going. There's a lot of good stuff from that section.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

I've never read any Punisher. Punisher MAX a good Omni to start with?

Absofruitly.

(assuming you mean the Ennis MAX run, here) The Aaron/Dillon MAX run is aces, too.

After all that, you may want to cleanse your palate with the classic tale of a Punisher who gets sliced to bits by Wolverine's bastard son and is then recreated as a literal Frank-enstein monster who goes on to become the hero to an oppressed Monster community. This would be Rick Remender's Franken-Castle arc, and you don't need to have read the rest of Remender's run to enjoy it. There are dragons.

I never really cared that much for Ennis' regular Punisher stuff--it's very goofy and yes, the bears killing that guy is pretty great, but overall, not my thang.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 10, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I was not aware Year 100 got a big new release. It's a great read; good blind pick.

Unrelated, but I recently noticed that the newest version of the Final Crisis softcover trade includes the new opening pages found in the Absolute, and includes the Batman issues as well (the earlier softcover didn't even have those). I've since replaced my original HC with this one.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 18, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Absolute Ronin, worth the money?
I've only read the standard trade version and it's okaaaaaaaaaay? It's cool to flip through!

I finally got one of my long-brewing projects finished, all of Dixon's Nightwing run:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 25, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I made myself something.
Neat! :waycool:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Was there talk of a Deluxe-sized JLA/Avengers coming out sometime soon?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I've never had anyone sign anything, so I don't know anything about what's cool these days. The post-it thing sounds reasonable if you really don't want them mucking with the inside covers.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Casyl posted:

So I'm going to be moving in a few months. Anyone have any tips on safely packing and transporting lots of tpbs/hcs/omniboo?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Cactus Jack posted:

Hopefully this post belongs in here.
Absolutely. :tipshat:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I just wanted to show off the current status of my Wonder Woman hardcover collection

I also had these done:

Thank you and have a good day.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TheManWithNoName posted:

These are awesome, I love custom binding. Post some interior shots!
Sho' thing:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder if, once they've finished the Pérez omnibus stuff, DC will officially collect Bill Messner-Lo--Hahahahahahahaha
I wouldn't say it's impossible, as some of it was already collected in a tpb years ago ("The Contest" arc, I believe).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

Can't tell for sure from the photos: are the Dazzlers sparkly?
Yes, it's silver arrestox.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

I've got some of my old IDW Doctor Who comics packed up and ready to be sent in for custom binding...given that it's my first time getting this done, would it be acceptable to post images of my stack-o-comics and order form so some more experienced eyes can make sure I'm not making any stupid mistakes?

You can pm me if you want.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Yep. So if the collection is from the last 8-10 years it should be recoloured.
Truly, Photoshopped gradient backgrounds are what Sandman was missing all along.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 12, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Mine are just stuck where there's any goddamn room for them.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

It's not pretty.

not at all

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

Someone remind me...what's the rough guideline on how many comic issues that can be bound into a single volume?
I just try to avoid going over 2.5". But probably around 30-40.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Logo, nothing. Those different sized volume numbers are what would get me annoyed.

It was the unholy combination of both!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We're about due for Amazon accidentally giving us $120 books for $45 again. Man, remember how crazy this place went when that happened?

That was a good day, brother.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

I think a lot of BSS has forgotten that Way's run started off strong. It was good until the arc where Deadpool wears a meat suit to fight Bullseye in some Roadrunner/ Coyote silliness and then started a s teep drop into mehsville

I'm cool with everything up thru #21. Then it just becomes super... inessential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Nyeehg posted:

So is shadowland bad? Know very little about daredevil outside the waid and miller runs so I would seriously consider getting another daredevil omni. If it's a bad story though I won't bother.

Do not waste your money.