Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I definitely remember some of these commercials Seth was in. Can't say I remember that tasteless Levi's Rolling Stones commercial, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The Craigslist segment for Ep 102 is one of my favorites. Seth's rapid one liners and sound effects are classic.

Edit: also the story about Mickey Rooney's huge balls.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 21, 2011

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Any mention of Seth's Chevy Cheyenne always gets a laugh from me because he loved/still loves that thing so much.

"Riding down sunset with my shirt off. I was KING of LA..... What happened?"

Also the story of him doing ketamine while he was waiting in his truck for his friend to finish his audition.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Just spent a good 10 minutes talking to Seth on the phone after I left a message the other day. I highly suggest you call the message number. He's a very good conversationalist. Not an awkward moment between us despite not knowing him (well I guess if you listen through the archives and you hear some people talk for 300+ hours, you kind of almost know them, but whatever).

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
They've been on Jordan Jesse Go but I'm not sure if they've been on anything else.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Song For The Deaf posted:

"I've only lost three things in my life. My Red Sox hat at Lollapalooza, that truck, and my umbrella at the Chinese Theater. Wait, four, I guess. My mind, when I got sober. No chance I'm getting that back. Might get the truck back, though. Maybe."

Haaaaaa! That loving truck!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
"I heard that Lazlo fool on the radio the other day. Dude... are you OKAY?!"

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Chemtrail Clem posted:

As much as I hate Jesse thorn and think he is a weird unfunny creep I just listened to that episode out of curiosity and the Penny arcade guys are even more awkward. Theyre already confrontational like 5 minutes into it and dont make any attempt to even humor them, just giving one word responses to questions and acting like smart asses. Maybe there was an awkward tension in the room before recording even began with the fat Penny arcade writer and Jesse competing for the alpha nerd role

Yup. They pretty obviously didn't know what the show format was and instead of rolling with it, got lovely. Jordan and Jesse were pretty much like they always are, it's not like they were dicks to them or anything outside of Jordan being late. In fact, the Penny Arcade guys were the ones saying condescending, pissy stuff. I specifically remember one of the Penny Arcade guys saying "Oh, all these books and none of them are the right ones..." Also one of them made a post on their site about it where he made fun of Jesse for wearing a bow-tie, having a library, etc. Made them look like pretty big assholes.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

C-Euro posted:

For anyone who wants a laugh and to hear from Johnathan's dad, John calls him in episode 130 to recount a tale of Johnathan getting high and snuggling with his parents, saying he never wanted to leave home :3: I'm glad his dad is down with all the weird poo poo Johnathan is capable of.

E: "Well I guess after that you just went downstairs and masturbated" :laffo:

If I remember correctly, he was on mushrooms, which I think if you've tripped before makes the whole thing even funnier.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Insanity Prawn posted:

Oh, UYD is gonne be at the LA podcast fest and they even got a small mention on the last episode of WTF. Thats pretty cool

Yeah and Marc kept calling it "Um Yeah Dude". Still pretty cool, though. The whole thing about how his girlfriend is super into it and Marc kind of sees it the way a parent would is pretty funny. "She's really into this thing called Um Yeah Dude, it's these two guys, I dunno! Kids!"

Edit: And man I would love it if more people listened to this. I live in Indianapolis and none of my friends listen to it so I don't have any one to talk about it with outside of this forum. I recommend it to people plenty but often times the only way you can get someone to listen to something is when they're trapped in your car and they have to listen to it.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 5, 2012

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Come down to Bloomington and we can talk about it. No gay poo poo.

A little Indy/Bloomington goon meet up would be pretty cool. Non-related to podcasts but I was also thinking of proposing an Indy meetup to watch Pacers games when the season starts.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I don't know but I've definitely told people I know about the podcast. I'm not sure how many of them actually started listening to it though.

Yeah, like I said, most people just don't watch or listen to recommendations. I'm totally guilty of that as well unless it's someone whose opinion I really value or I was already thinking about checking out the thing they're telling me about. The best thing to do is just play it for them on a car trip or something like that so they're forced to listen to it.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah, Seth telling his imaginary son that he's gay was probably the best thing I've heard on the podcast for awhile. I need to call the hotline, I haven't done that for awhile. It's always an uplifting, positive experience to talk to Seth.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

omg I sent Seth a birthday card and he sent something back! I seriously screamed like a little girl.

Where's his address? I don't see anything on the webpage. It just leads to an email form and the phone number for the "contact" area. I'd like to send him something from Japan.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Forgot about how actually easy it is to find the dude's information. I'll email them first and ask if it's cool.

Also, the couple of times I called and talked with Seth, it was pretty much exactly like an episode of UYD in terms of how he acted. He even said his classic "gently caress, man!" Couldn't have made me happier. The guy's a good conversationalist! We were talking about Cocaine Cowboys, this documentary about coke in 1980s Miami. I would assume that like a lot of people, if you actually have something to talk about that you're both interested in he'll be his normal self. If when he called you were just like "uh, hey, what's up?" I could see that not going so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I'll tell you what I didn't like. When they went on WTF and Marc kept calling the podcast "Um yeah dude."