Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Does anyone know where James Adomian went? He hasn't been on in ages and he's a top tier guest for this show. I pretty much love all his appearances. I also miss Jon Daly.

I haven't quite listened to the entire run but for anyone who is new to it, the backlog is worth checking out. I LOVE the Halloween episode from 2010. Suicide House is one of my favorite one-off CDR bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Majorian posted:

Am I the only one who thinks "Scott-a-bot" isn't a very funny name for Hot Saucerman (his real, legitimate, and internationally-recognized name), and should have been dropped by now?

e: I may just be reading subtexts that aren't really there, but it seems to me like he was trying to get away from the Hot Saucerman moniker when he changed the name of the podcast. But he got some negative feedback on this, so he decided to keep them both in the hope that "Scott-a-bot" would catch on as well.

I agree. It wasn't even funny the episode it was brought up. I wish there was an effort to come up with new things every few episodes. Also, I miss Clock Soccermom.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

danifestmestny posted:

I'm not digging the new trend of having live musical guests.

100% agree. It's too much of a tonal shift. I fast forward past them, every time. And I LIKE Matthew Sweet. I just think it works against the show, which, at its best, builds absurdity on top of ridiculousness until it literally breaks my mind. Hearing some gently caress whine about peace in the middle is doing my experience no favors.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I have been going back to some favorite episodes to see if I actually do think the show has gotten a bit worse and I do enjoy the period of episodes 70-90 or so a lot better than now. It really has to do with guests. The bright spots in the more recent episodes are the shows with gifted improvisers who are not big name stars. Sappity Tappity, the American Apparel guy, Don Dimillo.

What I'm saying is that CDR is at it's full potential with Jon Daly, James Adomian and Andy Daly. I need these people back!

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

The_Rob posted:

That's a really great episode. I loved Paul's Grandmas, and Katlin Olsen from It's Always Sunny was the guest.

Is Coy coming?

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Swardson's first appearance on CDR is totally amazing. Maybe what was at work this time was that his first starring role in a film was a total bomb that was universally hated? Maybe he's just not on his game.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I'll have to check this out, then. I was legitimately excited to see his name in the billing this week, so maybe this one'll be better.

It's an all time great of the series. Nick Swardson and Jon Daly.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I haven't listened to the Halloween episode yet but I really hope it features Suicide House. I loving love Suicide House. It's my favorite one off CBB bit.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

caveman thug poo poo posted:

there is a Nick Kroll standup special on netflix for anyone who hasnt seen it

It's great too and features almost all of his CDR/CBB characters. Well worth your time.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

I really liked the Tim and Eric episode. When Eric talks about how he only uses the Dr's soap to stop ants from getting in I lost my poo poo.

Also, Spring Dingers.

The four quarters of success? Come on, it was a great episode. Dr. Broner was a rare misstep for Adomian but Tim and Eric are geniuses.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

The Bjork/Watts song was loving hilarious.

It's so weird that they got actual Bjork to come in and do one of her songs.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I just got back from Adomian's live taping in Portland. It was wonderful and in the top 15% of comedy performances I've seen. I recommend it, whenever it comes out.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

burmart posted:

In honor of the third year of Comedy Bang Bang, here is the definitive list of the best characters on the show.

10) Little Gary
9) Hot Dog
8) El Chupacabra
7) Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber
6) Bob S'Junior
5) Huell Howser
4) Bob Ducca
3) Fourvile
Nose) Melissa Whompler
1)Ice T

There's some serious Jon Daly silliness missing here.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

For some reason I get really bummed out that he never says Clock Soccer-mom anymore. This is what my life has become.

My least favorite is World Famous Scottobot. That was the only one for months...

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

plastered quack posted:

IFC just posted a full episode of the CBB TV show on their page. Amy Poehler, David Koechner and Don Dimello, theatrical director.

I was pretty disappointed in this, sadly. I feel like Don Dimello is hanging back, I think the Reggie Watts movie trailer was gross and not that funny and that David Koechner does almost nothing.

I have to rate this episode a nose out of 5. I hope it improves a bit. I want good things for my little Tabletop.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Man I don't know what you guys were talking about Tim was hysterical. I am really looking forward to Ching Chong Matinee.

Agreed. The Star Trek impersonations had me grinning like an idiot.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Anyone else going to see Bobby B at Helium tonight in Portland, very cool? Of the many reasons I'll always love CDR/CBB, not least is because it's exposed me to some amazing stand ups. The James Adomian show I saw here last month was in my top 3 stand up shows ever. I'm expecting Nick Kroll to be excellent.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

CBB just announced a live tour.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/comedy-bang-bang-announces-live-tour,81432/

I've got my tickets!

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I love Kroll on CBB but I'd be lying if I said his stand up on Saturday wasn't a minor disappointment. I actually really like his taped special but this was a little too loose and had a little too much space between high points. It's odd because I wasn't expecting much of Adomian's stand up and he was amazing. Nick Kroll was merely B+.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

The 2010 Halloween episode is my all time favorite CBB. Everything Jon Daly says in it pretty much drives me loving wild.

Sometimes I get depressed about ephemeral entertainment I've missed and the Comedy Dead Ray special that Mortimer and Buford LeBaron hosted will forever be something I regret missing.

The 2011 one is not nearly as good but I remember it being a solid episode.

EDIT: Seriously, just listen to the 2nd clip on here. Every single time Jon Daly says "Yehth"...

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/crappy-howl-o-ween/

Woffle fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 20, 2012

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

bobservo posted:

Just bought tickets to their SF Sketchfest show featuring James Adomian and PFT. Anyone else in the area going?

I wish. I'm going in Portland. I just want to chime in and say that James Adomian's stand up is mighty strong. You're in for a treat.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I don't mind Tim so long as he's not stepping on the toes of the other guests. He was great when he was on with Eric since they have the same style and everything, but the episode where he was on to help announce the tour felt long and kinda forgettable since the show had to stop every few minutes for him to say some dumb thing.

Highly illogical.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

weinus posted:

Anybody going to the show in LA in a couple weeks?

http://ticketfly.com/purchase/event/134075?utm_medium=bks

The line up was too good for me to resist, it's basically all my favorites from the show.

PFT and James Adomian are the only guests listed for me so far but I hope there are some surprises in the wood work.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Does it matter if it's scripted? It was hilarious, the episode is a classic and I don't think anyone doubts that Amy is very funny.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Paul F Tompkins does a couple voices on the new episode of Adventure Time. One that is more or less Cake Boss and one that is more or less Dame Sir ALW. Pretty fun to hear.

Woffle fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 21, 2012

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

SMP posted:

As great as Andy was, I'm a little disappointed in Paul Rust. He didn't do much this episode and his New NoNos this time were kinda weak :(

I don't know. I was pretty into the "Uhhh...Yeah!"s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I loved Adomian on this but Jonah Ray was a real snoozefest. That "Shallow Cut" joke really irritated me.