Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Holy poo poo Scott Auckerman looks weird in that picture :stare:

This is my favorite show because it made me realize how loving funny Jon Hamm is. Also, how is there no Cake Boss clip in the OP :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Trujillo posted:

It was already announced a while ago that ifc was dropping bunk

Wait what :smith:

Man, I loved the Bunk/CBB hour; that loving sucks. You'd think something like Bunk has such low production values that they could just keep going with it. Ugh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

indigi posted:

Americans hate game shows with no stakes.

American Whose Line had eight seasons :colbert:

though that's the exception that proves the rule, I know

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

NYC show was real good.

"Hey Paul-"

"Who's that?" :allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I saw the PFT-only show and thought it was fine, then impulse bought tickets for the second show and it was also really good :shobon:

Second show was twenty seconds of Wyatt Cenac and then Alan Thicke+Fourval, which was, of course, fantastic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'm in line at either CBB at Webster hall or the white people wearing hoodies convention.

Pretty sure it's both. I'm surprised there aren't more people in their ComicCon outfits, to be honest

(This is a tiny little room compared to Skirball Center, drat)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

That was a great show, but I'm not sure it will ever get released since they spent the entire first half joking about the sound check in the theatre above. Won't play well on audio, I think.

Scott just tweeted that the NYC shows from last May will be released soon, which is good to hear

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I was at the lost PFT Polo Bolo live show that they talked about on the newest ep :smug:

I always thought it wasn't released because they were embarrassed about it (they apologized to the audience a bit about the guests dropping out), but it was a fun show. It was definitely a "PFT character best of," so don't feel too bad it was lost - it was really impressive to see him do all those characters in person, but nothing that hadn't been done on previous episodes.

I do hope they someday release the super weird live show they did Comic Con weekend that was primarily them making fun of the venue they were in. That one would probably be way less funny if you weren't there, but watching PFT and Jason Mantzoukas slowly lose their minds as a drummer sound-checked in the room above us was incredible :allears:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

This selfie Adam Scott just took with Scott is so goddamn perfect:

https://twitter.com/mradamscott/status/563901694489010176

I really need to listen to U Talking U2 To Me, don't I?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KATG was one of my favorite podcasts when I started listening to them back in like 2007-2008, mainly because it was daily and they had a lot of cool guests. Haven't listened to them in a loooong time, though; kind of lost its luster after they broke up :smith:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the best musical guest CBB has ever had was Tears For Fears, though I wish they had, y'know, done a song or two

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

power botton posted:

I went to the 2014 live episode starring American Football which was great

this was fantastic but i worry the live recording will miss out on the incredible facial expressions of the Zouks every time the bass drum kicked in above him

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

am I bad CBB fan if I only listen to an episode if PFT, Zouks, or Wompler is on it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress the Pain Away is a legitimately good song tbqh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

And Swifty, the punch-drunk bodyguard of Jonas Venture, Sr.

"I used to be pretty, yeah, but not no mo' - Look at my nose!"

oh gently caress goddammit

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

isn't the answer to this usually to put episodes and not shows behind a paywall? MaxFun has a bunch of bonus content behind a paywall, and sites like Giant Bomb will have premium streams and VODs and podcasts that build on their basic podcast. Like if you just put all of CBB's Thursday shows and live shows behind a paywall I feel like you'd have a ton of people signing up

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Went to the late show tonight. Do people put characters in spoiler tags? I guess I'll do that. PFT killed as Andrew Lloyd Weber. I actually saw him do that character with Bobby Moynihan, I think last year? at an NYC show, but I didn't mind seeing him again because ALW is by far my favorite non-Cake Boss PFT character. Lauren was funny as a vapid teen pop star, though she completely failed to define her character to the point that PFT called her "Traci" by accident at one point. Neil Campbell was great as one of the guests, as was... a woman I did not recognize! So if anyone knows who that was, lmk, because she was very funny. I feel like I'm gonna end up envious of some of the guests they get on other shows this weekend (I have no idea who was on the early show), but I'm really happy with the show I went to.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The Senator Giroux posted:

Which live show has PFT playing multiple characters as the only guest? I think it's a New York show (and if I remember, Adam Scott had to drop out and they talked about it on UTU2TM). The howl descriptions for the live ones don't seem to be accurate.

Oh, hey, I was at that show. That was 5/11/2014 in NYC, the early show, which appears to have not been released. The late show from that day with Wyatt Cenac, PFT, and Bobby Moynihan was, though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it was a good show but I don't remember anything particular other than some funny Cake Bossing. I ended up buying tickets to the late show too since I was a little disappointed it was PFT

(I want to see a PFT-less CBB live some day, as much as I love PFT!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this reminds me that the funniest live Comedy Bang Bang I've ever seen was the one where they were under a larger venue where the band American Football was sound-checking and Scott, Jason Mantzoukas, and PFT as Werner Herzog were getting progressively angrier while Todd Barry didn't give a poo poo

I guess they didn't hold it against them since Scott invited them on a later show