Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love Todd Barry's material, but his snorting into the microphone when he laughs has got to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Weirdest Kulap was on the Christmas show two years ago. Episode 34. She's only on near the end.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
They clearly recorded this episode weeks ago right after the two-part countdown, and I love how punchy they get by the end of it.

It may not be a fantastic Werner Herzog impression, but I could still listen to PFT mumble for hours :allears:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The whole point of the Shooter character is that his act is exclusively based around local LA references and he's going on tour a of the country. I don't think you need to get the references to get the character.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Jessica St. Clair is Womping it up on this week's Doug Loves Movies (not really).

Posting here instead of the DLM thread because I can't hear her voice without thinking of Marissa Wompler.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
This week's episode is so hot. ;-*

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yessss Marissa Wompler is back. I love Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham, but I'm afraid to watch their new show for fear that I'll hate it.
It has started relatively strong, and all the characters are likable. I can't help but hear Marissa Wompler whenever Jessica St. Clair speaks, but it's a fun show. Become a Neilsen Family and check it out.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The one damned week I'm going to be out of town! That's so pants.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
You don't love Nick Kroll, but you like him in practically everything he does except for one character?

You're probably not alone, but I just can't get enough Chupacabra.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Hasn't he done that joke before? I remember hearing it but I dunno if it was Scott on CBB or someone on DLM.
Sarah Silverman did the same joke a few years ago in Jesus Is Magic.

It's just an easy joke to make when you hear the numbers 9 and 11 now. Even Carlos Mencia could come up with it on his own.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Zsinjeh posted:

e: I don't mind mp3s, it's just so handy being able to skip back 30 second when you missed a joke. And it remembering where you left off is a God-send.
You can edit the info of an mp3 in ITunes and change the Media Kind to Podcast. It's what I do with all of Doug Benson's special episodes.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Now if only Todd Glass would return his calls. The man's got stuff to promote!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
She sounded like Nasim Pedrad doing a Kardashian impression.

I adore The Choctaw's obsession with bad puns and catchphrases. "My wife" has only ever made me laugh when it was quoted on this show, and the Gilly references had me laughing out loud at my desk like a fool.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I really hope Marissa Wompler wins funniest female character this year. Good One Robot winning in the past was a travesty. Tig put zero effort into it (that's even how it started!), and Jessica St Clair always delivers.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
"He said that Martha Plimpton hanged out with you, but she didn't really like you"

I can't stop laughing along with Chelsea every time I hear that part. Every time.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I guess it's subjective. The reasons you like him are the exact reasons I don't like him. In a sea of "Yes, and" and "No, but" he's an island of just plain "No".

I enjoyed his appearance on How Did This Get Made because he was just being himself. It was the first time he came across as genuine.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Do you guys honestly listen for the quality of the vocal mimicry?

The content was great. Adomian always brings something great to a character.

But then, I'm a Vic Garcia fan, so maybe I'm in the minority.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Does anyone remember what episode(s) has Aukerman and someone else doing dueling Jimmy Stewarts? Or dueling anything, but especially Jimmy Stewart.
This isn't what you're asking for, but it's related and hilarious from way back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEM29f3AJk

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Twitter is the worst. He makes a joke about people who wear a 30+ year old defunct band's tshirt not wanting to talk about a 30+ year old defunct band, and all of the sudden SOCIAL JUSTICE! People are outraged that he thinks women don't like music? Is that even a real stereotype?

His reaction is way better though. Good on ya, Clockerman.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I agree that I think I just have an image of Scott that doesn't let me read that tweet with malice. I took it as either calling people hipsters, or calling himself a nerd for droning on about 30+ year old defunct bands when he's trying to pick up hot girls.

Also, in my world he specifically calls them hot girls because he's a straight man, and not because he wants to reinforce gender disparity.

:shrug:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I feel weird when people cite the number of times they laughed as a measure of a show's quality. It's as if a show has to break a 74.99 centi-LOL average to be considered funny.

I listen to the podcast at work, and I rarely laugh out loud, but I always enjoy the show. :shrug:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
More reason for me to hate iTunes for their latest update automatically deleting all my played podcasts. Now I have to re-download the edited versions with ads.

Seconding Brett Gelman's saga of banning and unbanning on early CDR. His Billy Crystal one man show hit me in just the right spot.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love any episode where Paul Rust does his thing.

I could have sworn Dykeula was Lennon Parham, but it looks like she was played by a new girl named Molly Bretthauer.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That was the stupidest thing I've ever loved.

I like how everyone seems to simultaneously be dreading the callbacks from prior episodes and racing to be the first one to bring them up.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

GraPar posted:

John Gemberling is a total genius. The saga of his increasingly contentious defense of bestiality on Improv4Humans is still one of my favourite podcast-related things ever.

Gemberling is a genius, but the I4H beastiality thing was Jon Gabrus aka Geno.

Edit: I'm wrong!

Nemo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 16, 2014

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

drat, and I just relistened to that a few weeks ago.

Case closed.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
No way. Tom Leykis is a real person, and James Adomian is just a guest. Are you saying they make all their podcast guests sign a contract giving up the rights to any material they come up with on the air before appearing on any show? Who would agree to that?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Ironically, I think she's one of the better recurring 'straight men' for the characters to play off of. She's not Ben Schwartz or Jason Mantzoukas, but I always enjoy what she brings to a show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Every comedian should act like a straight white middle class able-bodied man of a healthy weight or risk being totally unrelatable.
:colbert:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Nice.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Besson posted:

Meester Wayne
That was my first thought as well. I hope every introduction features a tortured pun

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

VagueRant posted:

Lapkus was fun on the previous podcast too. But ever since she came up with Hoho The Naughty Elf, I'm sad whenever she's not playing Hoho The Naughty Elf.

I agree, but I want her to revisit the kid detective character as well. The "four words" callback in the last episode was great.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I still think the TV show is pretty good. The Rocky's Owner Picture Show last week was really funny to me.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

GoutPatrol posted:

The hospital finally got demolished a couple years ago, which is why Childrens had to go to Japan.
Instead of Brazil, which of course is where they were.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Andy is not a victim. Go listen to Nine Sweaters and hear what his characters get up to when he’s all by himself.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Reggie and Harris were guests on an episode when Scott asked Reggie to make a Harris' Phone Corner theme song. Reggie misheard it and made the Foam song, and everyone liked it too much to redo it.

Foam corner shows were always like Mike and Omar taking out the trash. Good epps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Brett’s pretty good at making Mark insufferable.

It’s gotta be hard to hold your own surrounded by a group that funny.