Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

SpacePig posted:

Or that he's not on stage at all

This is the only thing that'd get me to go. If they promised that on the website I'd probably go to the shows in NY and Philly, but I can't bear him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I have watched several episodes of Tim and Eric poo poo. High on different drugs, drunk, and sober. I don't think you'd use up one hand counting the amount of times I laughed out loud. I've never made such a concerted effort to enjoy a comedian/comedic team before - most of my friends went to Temple so I was surrounded by it for a while and really, really tried to get into them. But it didn't take. Nothing they do is funny, and I just want to fight them. I hate Tim as a podcast guest, universally. I'm so not this guy, but if I was in high school with those dudes I would have such a strong urge to bully them till they transferred.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I fuckin love Jessica St. Claire and Paul Rust is just a joy. Jerrod seemed to really get into the flow of things by the end there, hopefully he starts popping up on other podcasts.

ElCondemn posted:

Two shows back to back that had me doubling over with laughter really proves they haven't dipped in quality.

I've skipped or stopped in the middle of more episodes in the past two months than ever before and it really proves they've significantly dipped in quality. See, I can do that too!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Greggy posted:

You can, but why do you?

You know what, you're right. Why does anyone bother to post on a message board at all, even?!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

God knows Lissler and Wompler have all the time in the world now that their TV show is dead and buried. (:()

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tijuana Snake Fight is one of my favorite songs in the entire world

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I thought the funniest part is when Scott was like "[do you put your cum] into your mouth?" and Bob and Matt both got so flustered like they did NOT expect that joke even though everything was so disgusting and off-color already

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap haven't been guests as a unit yet. I wanna hear Belknap's improv skills.

He was on an episode of Bear Down as Santa Claus, and he doesn't have any. And I think he's hilarious on NNF.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really, really wish there were pictures of the ~10-15 seconds where Matt and Jason were laughing at Jessica too hard to be their characters and Lennon had to jump in. I can't imagine Matt being that incapacitated by laughter.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I sorta like the fact that Scott is willing to drop newcomers into the deep end as it's led to some awesome poo poo in the past, but I was on the fence about even downloading this one since I don't really like Kirk. Thanks for the heads up.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Worst Case Ontario posted:

The Gerard Depardieu jokes absolutely killed me, especially Amy's very quick "Depar-don't."

Depar-maybe?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Of course it was scripted

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Scott mentions it's a Sondheim song some time in one of the first ~dozen times they played it, but doesn't say which

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't know if that's sarcastic but Scott's said that he and Neil Campbell script all those stupid little bits/games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Max22 posted:

Well, I mean, it's scripted in the sense that asking Jason the easy questions and Amy the hard ones was probably going to always make them react in the way that they did (because they get the joke).
Yeah I'm sure that's what Scott meant when he said he and Neil write those bits well done my friend

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

plastered quack posted:

Well poo poo, there goes my chance to see a great show :(

I wonder if it'll affect the DLM lineups.

I doubt it. Of the three times I've seen DLM/CBB, only one guest did both shows, and that was Doug Benson who stayed cause he was workshopping jokes for the MTV Movie Awards, some of which I saw Aziz do the following night at Largo. e to clarify: Doug books his guests with a few days notice max while Scott's said CBB is booked like a month out. I'd imagine Doug pulls someone from the green room when a guest cancels or whatever, but the quality of comedian hanging around UCB to do a set on Tuesday is gonna be pretty decent no matter who's producing.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Yeah I was confused as to whether he meant tonight or the benefit was the last ever CBB show. But I'm pretty sure he means tonight. If there are still tickets on sale for following weeks, it's probably just because the UCB website autofills in the schedule for CBB and DLM on Tuesdays.

Tickets for CBB only go on sale the Friday before the show at noon PST, so the tickets have gotta be for the benefit.

indigi fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 14, 2012

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can stand him, but I'd never choose to listen to his stuff or hope he's a guest on somewhere. He's averaging about .270 on jokes which is a good average for a catcher but not for a comedian.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It's Apatow. They recorded it last month and Jessica spoiled the guest on Twitter.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Is it just me or does Nat Faxon sound exactly like Andy Richter pitched down about 5%? Accent, cadence, speech patterns, everything. Before I checked the episode I thought it was Andy Richter doing a character.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I've shopped at Marshall's solely because they employ Wompler. Sunday, in fact.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

Wait what :smith:

Man, I loved the Bunk/CBB hour; that loving sucks. You'd think something like Bunk has such low production values that they could just keep going with it. Ugh

Americans hate game shows with no stakes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm honestly a bit surprised to learn that anyone doesn't. It's Ken Marino!

along with Deanna Russo but she never gets credit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

drat, that's a killer cast. Why isn't Janet Varney there though :mad:

She's definitely in season 3! Don't worry. :)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

When they went to the plug bag song I thought "what, really? They didn't do anything funny yet..." but everyone's allowed to turn in an absolute clunker every now and then. I still love Scott and James to bits.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jess and Lennon look so good in that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm ashamed to say that my immediate, instinctual reaction to hearing Howser had died was "I can't wait til James Adomian is on CBB again"