Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Good. One.

Re: thread title.

Looking forward to page 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

nominal posted:

James Adomian's Paul Giamatti impression is just ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFc4isTDaAk

ah ha ha ha holy poo poo that was hilarious. What a perfect way to start the day.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

burmart posted:

I don't want to make a whole new thread about them, but Mike Detective and Bob Ducca's Affirmation Nation are both pretty great.

Maybe someone should make an Earwolf thread to cover all their podcasts other than CBB. I'd read it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Tig Notaro is a pioneer proving that you you don't need to "tell jokes" or "be funny" in order to be a comedian.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

UP AND ADAM posted:

You are a pioneer proving that you don't need to "make sense" or be worth replying to for me to reply to you.

good one. :awesomelon:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

plastered quack posted:

Wasn't sure if this should go in the megathread or not, but since it revolves around a CBB premise/guests: The new Analyze Phish dropped early, with Adam Scott as a third guest. :allears:

It's great

This was from last week, but I just listened to it and wanted to agree. I thought the first two were ok, but not that great. The addition of Adam Scott made the difference.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

In other PFT/CBB related news, he and Tig Notaro (c'mon, page 12!) will be on Conan tonight, apparently.

Tig Notaro needs to do another appearance on CBB. Page 12 is almost here and it's been so long she doesn't make me angry anymore.

Maybe we need a new thread title.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 6, 2011

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Goose Halo posted:

For some reason, I lose it when she does the clown horn impression.

Is that real? really? C'mon, that's got to be a sound effect. If not, it's pretty amazing, even if it is just a clown horn impression.

ElCondemn posted:

I thought this was a great episode, Tig was a lot quicker than usual and it was hilarious.

I concur. It was a good show and she won me over somewhat. I thought she was just about the worst comedian I ever experienced after the first time I heard her on CDR.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

WoG posted:

Just listened to it, and boy, I do not get the love in here for Paul. I like his stand-up alright, but take his written material away and he's got nothing. I think he chimed in all of twice in that whole hour, and then only to clarify some point of order for the old guys.

Doug's got a fun format for a game here, but he needs to get some comedians who are quick on their feet, maybe Joe Rogan or Carolla.

Even if this isn't a troll, it just sounds too trolly to inspire any real annoyance.

It's like I'm enjoying a fine Belgian beer and WoG here just told me I'm going to lose my man card because I'm not drinking Miller Lite.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Scott just lets people talk over the "Would you rather?" theme song now without saying anything. He really needs to step it up before he completely loses control of the show.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Am I alone in not being able to stand Greg Proops?

I remember some people hyping his podcast back when the RDF forum was first getting started, but I thought it was pretty bad.

I'm curious about his gay tone and mannerisms. He's supposedly straight but I guess he's from San Francisco? Is that like when an American moves to Ireland for a few years and comes back with a brogue?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Kodo posted:

Because everyone in San Francisco apparently speaks with a lisp?

No, of course not. Just the men.

Seriously though, Proops doesn't speak with a lisp.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm sorry now that I added that to my post because I don't really care about Proops and I think people talking over the "Would you rather?" theme is a much more important issue.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Crankit posted:

But why did they give it such a terrible name?

It grows on you. Eventually, the words "Comedy Bang Bang" will start a Reggie Watts song in your head and you'll wonder why you ever thought it was a bad name.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 6, 2012

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
As the bits started I kept thinking I wasn't going to like them but then I was laughing by the end of them.

I liked it a lot.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Great episode. I love this Fourvel character and Andrew Lloyd Weber is at his best.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Popelmon posted:

You should give "The Flophouse" a shot. It is made by a Daily Show writer and his buddies and they discuss potentially bad movies. But they don't go for the low hanging fruits like "How did this get made" does.

Just listen to 2-3 episodes. If you don't like Eliots "words that sound like other words" segments after 3 episodes you won't like the podcast. They don't have many insider jokes but it is better to start with earlier episodes. I started with the "The Happening" episode and I loved it.

I second this, especially if you like "How did this get made?" because the Flophouse is much better.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

Now that Best Friends Forever is no longer a thing, would anyone else like to see Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham do more stuff on Earwolf? At the very least, an Earwolf Presents: Womp Up The Jams would be incredible.

Either I must have missed some Jessica St. Clair episodes or she gets a hell of a lot of mileage out of one mildly humorous appearance back when it was still called Comedy Death Ray.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

plastered quack posted:

What about Amazon? CBB is also available there. I tried googling info about it being US restricted but couldn't find anything solid.

That's how I'm getting it, but I'm not outside of the US.

I didn't see it on any of the Amazon menus (using a Roku) but it came up when I searched on it. It's $1.99 an episode, $2.99 for HD.

I was just going to buy the whole season, but you only save 5% an episode according to the Amazon website and I guess it just keeps billing you for each episode individually rather than let you buy the whole season at once.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

mennoknight posted:

Nope! This is tom foolery of the highest order.

You should write a message to them and tell them people outside the US want to watch it and are unable to to get it.

Maybe they could get IFC to sell it to BBC America, or whatever they call BBC America over there.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

Whoa, that's a real thing? I guess I heard about it before but I never bothered to look it up

Oh, I assumed it was a real reality show that they were parodying. But it's a real show that parodies reality shows? Awesome. Sign me up, especially if it's got Ken Marino. I've been wondering why I haven't seen him in more stuff lately.

edit: lame, Yahoo TV? I wish these guys could get their shows on TV channels that I could watch on my TV.

edit2: seriously, Yahoo could pay a Roku dev for one or two days work to get their poo poo up on Roku. I've messed with their scripting language and it's quite easy. But they put all this money into Yahoo!Screen and don't even bother putting a little effort into distributing it to popular video platforms? Why? (Same goes for IFC too)

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 19, 2012

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Victorkm posted:

Am I alone in not loving Nick Kroll? I love him on the league and I like him not in a character, and I even like Bobby B and Fabrice to an extent. Unfortunately I found his special on Netflix nearly unwatchable, and I tune out every time he does Chupacabra and subcharacters.

I also think he isn't flexible enough when he is in character - he seems to be less improving the character than he is acting as a predefined character.

I like Kroll. He's really good on The League.

I loved Chupacabra, but he's got a lot of Chupacabra bits that he seems to repeat over and over rather than doing improv.

I never really liked the Bobby B. and Fabrice characters. I agree that his stand-up special on Netflix was really bad.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Does anyone do a flamboyantly gay character that is actually funny?

I guess it's a sign of the somewhat more enlightened times we live in, but exaggerated gay characters now feel as awkward as a 1970s black guy imitation.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Conduit for Sale! posted:

unless you think talking like that automatically makes someone gay.

When the person in question is a character, yeah, I think it's a parody of a gay man. Does that make me a bad person?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Victorkm posted:

Kroll is gay? How bout that...

I just assume every male entertainer is gay. I'm not blind. My high school had a drama club.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Blackula69 posted:

I'm sure Man on the Moon is on Netflix Instant by now.

Not, it's not. Netflix's instant streaming movie selection kind of sucks.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JayMax posted:

That was a fantastic game of Would You Rather.

I concur. It was the best.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beeez posted:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I like every PFT character, but it seems like he does Cake Boss, the worst one, most while doing the best ones, Ice-T and Werner Herzog, very little.

I disagree. The Ice-T character has no depth and is just a lisp. His product ideas are stupid and too obvious to be funny. It's like he takes them from rejected Foam Corner ideas. Cake Boss (cake boss) is one of my favorite characters. He has the gift of the second sight for chrissakes! He can take that anywhere!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

If we're linking PFT musical selections: http://youtu.be/X28OeoOCZCM (unfortunately no video with this one)

"You blew it. That's on you. Talk to some people at the club"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

UP AND ADAM posted:

There's an entire episode of the Kroll Show already available for watching. http://www.comedycentral.com/episodes/nmtx20/kroll-show-san-diego-diet-season-1-ep-102 I don't know if everyone knows that, just wanted to make it clear.

I like Kroll in small doses and as a character actor. I really wanted to like this, but it just wasn't very funny.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

Haha, Daly is amazing in this episode. I don't know if he's hosed up or what, but whatever he's doing it's magical.

I got to this one late, but yeah!

and this pic from the website made me laugh too:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

Watching this on video was a billion times more amazing with Jon Daly, holy poo poo was he drunk but amazingly hilarious so. Fingerguns at the camera and winks :3:

Still having a hard time I guess 'getting' Tims humor. It just looks like he's legit not into the other two and would just like to have a two-man show with Scott. Especially near the end where he straight up takes off his headphones and leans back bored, it took me off enjoyings Daly amazing jelloem he was doing at the time.
It's kind of like the sketch where Adam and Harry are from the lumbermmill and make a huge effort out of removing all comedic timing and jokes, but without it really working. Or I guess working so well I actually find it not funny.

You either get it or you don't. Some people think that Heidecker's anti-comedy (or purposely being unfunny to us laymen) is hilarious. I don't get it either. I find it kind of odd he seems to have fallen in with the UCB crowd. Isn't his schtick kind of incongruous with improvisational comedy?

I think I'd tolerate it better if it was one thing he did, like one character out of a host of characters he was able to do. But as far as I've seen, he's a one-trick pony. He's a comedian who pretty much has one bit: "the not funny at all guy". But, as I already admitted, I don't get it. So maybe it's just me and almost everyone else who is wrong.

It was awesome having such a forceful presence as Bill Cosby Bukowski on at the same time so Heidecker couldn't ruin the show again.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 30, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Also on 144 - Clones and Oliver Stones, which I maintain is the true spiritual successor to Farts and Procreation.

But for real, we met... under a bridge.

This is an excellent observation/recommendation.

And, drat that is a catchy song: http://youtu.be/FvdBGauCpn0 I'm surprised I'm not hearing it in car commercials by now.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

Overall, Don't Stop or We'll Die's songs are insanely catchy. It took me a while to realize that every time I'd hear one in passing on CBB it would be stuck in my head for days afterwards. "Why the hell am I walking around my kitchen singing about shrooms?"

Power of Pecota posted:

I love "I Got a Perm for my Camping Trip" way more than I should.

I didn't really like Perm one very much, but I'm absolutely in love with both the song and the video that I assume JethroMcB is referencing.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1eff4dd301/getaway-grandmother-s-club

"but it's not for you and me.. It's For The Grandmas!"

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 2, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

So bummed about this, the episode was removed for me the exact moment Scott was going to announce the winner of that WYR. :negative:

Why don't you guys ask about it in the Earwolf thread since there's an Earwolf guy over there following that thread.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

KimT posted:

Paul Scheer is basically the funniest person on the planet and I wish he was on more often

Really? I can't remember any of his appearances ever making an impression on me. I can't name any characters he played off the top of my head like I can with many other guests. Would you recommend I go back and re-listen to any particular episodes?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Oh my god it's the greatest day in the history of humankind: https://soundcloud.com/koijhjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk/cbb-my-wife-supercut

This had me laughing.

I don't remember the Star Trek one, but I assume the joke is that they were saying "My ___" to everything except "Worf"?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NienNunb posted:

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but is Stamps.com as great as Scott makes it out to be? Because the Choctaw is a hell of a pitchman.

What are you some kind of sick Post Office fan boy? You probably voted for Barrack Hussein Obamacare too.

scary ghost dog posted:

Just FYI guys but the CBB TV show from IFC got added to Netflix Instant. It's a dramatically different format from the podcast but it keeps the same sense of humor and works even better. You're depriving yourself of Scott Aukerman's best material by not watching it.

Awesome news.. beats buying them on Amazon

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 12, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yeah the Amy Poehler episode was clearly the pilot, because for one clips of it were up on IFC months and months before anything else, and for two he introduced the premise of the show. In the Zach Galifianakis episode they started with the "we went to a sunglasses store and bought ibuprofen" joke. Which is a weird way to start a series.

Yeah, that opening bit was a little awkward, but I laughed my rear end off at "We'll be right bark" and also when Scott was naming all the dead fat comedians.

I agree with epitasis that it would be better classified as "off-beat" than "anti-comedy". Maybe I don't understand the definitions correctly, but I consider "anti-comedy" to be when the joke is that the performer is trying not to be funny, often aggressively. I don't usually enjoy this style. For CBB TV I think you just need to be in the mood for goofy humor, or have the appropriate number of bong hits in you.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

This episode had some of the funniest Scott-Tompkins banter ever. I love Al but he knew when to hang back and let the maestros create. One of my faves of all time.

GraPar posted:

Funniest PFT in ages, which is really saying something

I agree! I thought Weird Al was great too. He really sounds like he is having fun. All around great episode!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheIndividual posted:

It wasn't the best episode ever, but I did laugh every time they called Nathan Fielder Nate.

To the guy above me, Jazz Jazz was Eugene Cordero.

I liked it too. Every episode can't be the best episode ever.