Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I watched it again and yes the part where they were saying the jokes and making eachother laugh was the funny part, dude.

I also like when Brian interrupts at the most awkward time in the middle of their conversation inquiring about a Mrs. Hands and everyone just ignores him :hfive:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Throw me in that camp too. I couldn't stand him and Jesus shut the gently caress up about your kid.

Someone earlier in the thread defended him because a parent should be proud of their kids, and yes they should, but when that parent is an ENTERTAINER for a profession they should know that is not entertaining and nobody gives a poo poo or wants to hear about it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That Bill Burr episode was definitely the funniest podcast they've done in a while. Bill is always loving hilarious and I have to go dig up that Opie & Anthony clip they played after work.

Is Burr's podcast any good? I heard it's just him talking by himself for an hour straight and I dunno if I can handle that much Bill, or anyone really :/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

jyrka posted:

Anyone here been in those water... box chamber things?

No, but I'll out myself right here and now and say, no joke, they do sound really loving cool and if I had 8 grand to spend on a box I would :q:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can you post the website? If you or me do it, let's be sure to post our experiences. One hour seems like not enough time based on stuff Joe's said.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:sigh::hf::smith: this topic

NewsRadio is literally my favorite show of all time and is the only reason I know about this podcast. Joe is drat awesome on it! Andy and Joe had some of the best chemistry I've ever seen on television, which you wouldn't really know from how Joe talks about him (but with good reason, of course), as Andy was truly brilliant with his character. He's done it on the podcast of course but even on the DVD commentary Joe talked about how he still had to reign Andy Dick in from time to time because he was such a terror to everyone behind the scenes (with Andy there next to him, also providing commentary).

The show wouldn't have been the same without Andy Dick, but if not for him basically killing Phil Hartman, that show would have gone on for 10 seasons, easy instead of 5 :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nuja posted:

About Kevin Pereira, am I the only one who completely digs every time hes on? Is there another podcast that is basically his general theme mixed with some roganism? I've been dying hard looking for a new one, but am having a hard time.

Kevin Periera loving owns, holy poo poo. For years I thought he was just a talentless, personalityless drone like Ryan Seacrest, then heard his first Rogan appearance from a few years back and god drat was I wrong.

He completely won me over forever with this exchange with Joe that I'll never forget:

Pereira: *begins a story that involves going to a sex shop*
Rogan: Why were you at a sex shop, bro? What kinda poo poo are you into?
Pereira: Oh, it wasn't anything crazy, man, just a quick lube run.

That dude is loving amazing and knows exactly what's super interesting and what's not. Like, I was getting the super chills the entire time they played that really old HBO intro scene that he, brilliantly, wants to open his kevin-con thing with, it sounded like childhood.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wish Duncan hadn't taken such the high, high, high road about it. I'm in no way some meat head rear end in a top hat but he really sounded like a big pussy being so apologetic about getting mad at someone for pocketing all the money they're making off of you.

edit: Yeah brian isn't hitler the way some people make him out to be, but god drat I'd never be friends with anyone who reacts to any sort of conflict the way he does.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 10, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I had a douche chilley moment when he screamed re: iraq and afghanistan "those soldiers are over there fighting for our freedom!!!", but yeah as a disclaimer I know we don't listen to Joey for political advice, but it is a little disappointing to hear someone have such bad opinions.

I say this cause I've seen way too many comedy threads get into huge retarded debates with people getting way too angry about hosts' political views vs it's just a comedy show!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How about how weird it was hearing him talk about how much he loving hates Robin Williams because of all of the alleged bit stealing he's done throughout the course of his entire career, then he showed up at one of his comedy shows this month(?) and was completely star-struck and said only nice things, what a legend he is, etc :wtc:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just made a Kale shake for the hell of it. This is impossible to imbibe.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joey Coco Diaz and Bert "The Machine" Kreischer on The Duncan Trussel Family Hour :swoon:

Edit: gently caress I always forget how gross Joey Diaz constantly breathing directly into the mic is

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

Duncan talking about falling in love with a stripper because she looked like a character from World of Warcraft is adorable. Only he could make me not feel sorry about it.

ps i'm crying

Haha I literally just listened to that at work just now. Its at approx 1hr 55min on the 9/13 Icehouse podcast mentioned a little while back. Thanks to whoever suggested this, it's the first Icehouse I've listened to and this is just such a blast and so fun to listen to. I might start listening to these regularly!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pichers. I sent you some pichers from the comedy club last night, Joe.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

indoflaven posted:

Really? 1 person trying to take care of 300 million sounds stupid?

It does sound pretty stupid if that's what you think a president personally does, by himself, all from that little office.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

I doubt Kevin knows the first thing about the conflict or its history.

But he's familiar enough with the internet that I'm sure as soon as Shlesinger launched into her uninformed warmongering rant everyone on earth has heard a million times he knew immediately he wasn't going to learn or get anything of value from her on that subject and decided to quickly move on as politely as possible.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I consider myself strong on civil rights, liberties, etc but I have never met a transgendered person or know anyone who does so I'm really uninformed on the issue. I honestly did not even know "tranny" was a derogatory term till I saw a dude get probated for it last year :shobon:

That said I'm smart enough and the Rogan board guys should be smart enough to know that since they don't know poo poo about it they shouldn't be passing judgment and offering solutions. Yeah, from a competitive athletic point of view, full inclusion in a woman's league sounds unfair, men's sounds dangerous, and making a transgendered-only league also sounds kind of gross as does barring them completely from competition. I have absolutely no idea what the fair and respectful solution is so I shouldn't try to make one to sound smart and ~ALPHA~! Saying you don't know or are unqualified to make that judgment isn't a crime!

But I think we can all agree that calling them all "men in dresses wearing make-up" is pretty loving disgusting.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ting phone service (did you know they use Sprint's network????????).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yes you have uncovered our dark secret and we all pretend to hate him just cause we're all too chicken poo poo to be called Rogan fans on the internet!!

Every single discussion thread about anything always has harsh criticism, especially on this site. We discuss the good and the bad here, but like all things the bad is usually funnier and more fun to break down and talk about.

I eventually see this same loving post on just about every thread I have bookmarked. Like clockwork :shobon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

On the latest Kevin Pereira podcast Joe was a guest for 20 whole minutes precisely until the other guest offered to show him an oral sex technique to use on a woman and Joe pretty much had a panic attack and immediately ran off the show :lol:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wonder if Joe knows a god drat loving thing about Tyson and will he try to be as confrontational and awkward as possible and ruin it (this is exactly what he did with Sam Harris earlier last year).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Joe being so combative really dragged it down. It gets much much better for the second half though when Joe finally lets him loving talk.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

bango skank posted:

Joe: That D-Jango movie was fuckin awesome!
Ari: The "d" is silent...

E: That guy Guillermo Del Toro, the guy that did Pan's Labornynth?

I just saw this movie tonight and there were two jokes in that movie where someone says out loud "The D is silent" as a punchline to a joke. They even used one of them in the trailer :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

To be fair, that was the extent of his persuasion to buy it :shobon:

well why not posted:

I actually think that Redban is smarter than Joe is.
I loving love this post. I never thought of it before and the more thought I give it the more it makes sense. Joe definitely has more social skills/is socially smarter, but I have a hard time even giving him that with his frequent "that's hilarious :geno:" responses and completely not getting when someone's making a joke when he's a loving comedian.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 17, 2013

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jesus loving christ, Joe's twitter right now. I mustn't stare too long...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

makes u think

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I dunno if something's wrong on my end but I haven't seen anything new on deathsquad in more than a month.

Also I noticed Joe's latest guests have been Dan, Dan and Dom.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I want this to happen so loving bad

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God drat this Bobcat episode is funny. No Brian either if that's your taste.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah that's exactly where I had to shut it off and decided to listen to the rest at home. I was about to loving pass out from stiffling my laughs trying to listen to that story at work, exactly at the bit about the clown getting nailed in the head by the soda can and slumping over.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

But people who use psychedelics have been disenfranchised, persecuted and executed for centuries!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Duncan was responsible for my favorite JRE moment of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfy7LQFuM9E

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bill Burr used to purposefully Fat Shame on his podcast cause he legitimately thought it was going to motivate people to lose weight- one guy even wrote in and said it worked and he got his poo poo together. Then sometime this year Burr read that article of a study that showed Fat Shaming had overwhelmingly opposite effects (People would become depressed about the shaming and would then begin overeating as a coping/comfort mechanism). Burr seemed legitimately bummed out about it and has since ceased and has tried to be more positive about weight loss. Was that study discussed at all? I haven't listened to the JRE ep.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 15, 2013

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

loving goons, fat """people""" are fair game and deserve whatever they get, hehe >:}

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That's hilarious.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How do you guys feel about the episode length? JRE was baby's first podcast 3 years ago so 2-3 hour jams were more than welcome. Now that I have a big library of poo poo to get through during a day's work I groan whenever I see a 3 hour ep.

Edit: spelling

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 23, 2013

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does Joe still refer to his followers as his "twitter friends"? That was my favorite part about the early podcast by far :allears:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

Also latest Bertcast with Ari Shaffir has a 20 minute long debate whether it's still Obama's first term or there was another election.

:stare::stare::stare::stare:

Like, conspiracy theory poo poo or out of complete ignorance to what's going on in the world? I've never listened to bertcast before but I will now...do you have a timestamp?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good grief, I am not even 7 minutes into this and neither one of them can remember a specific detail about anything they're trying to talk about. Painful as all hell but I can't stop listening. This is all the anti-weed propaganda you need right here, folks.

Edit: fuckin lmfao

"You hear what Ozzy's wife did?"

"Who? Ozzy Osbourne?"

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Duncan Trussel