Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wandel durch Titellängel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

The important metric is shower minutes per week. You can do 5 min showers each day or save it all for one big 35min shower at the end of the week, whatever fits your lifestyle best. (I guess the big shower approach is actually more efficient because you cut down on pre and post shower work like drying and undressing)

imagine the smell. nein danke

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

You know what makes a lot of waste heat? A KKW. Perhaps the Ausstieg was in fact, a bad idea?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

B-b-but that's Bayernfeindlich :(

More people should be, imo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I just want to say I think you Germans are cute with the posting in English but the German words mixed in.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Wos host Du grod von mia gsog du gstunkana klana Saupreiß? Du woast holt schu dass I schu bam Bundeshea ois besta Gfreita aussigaungen bin, I war in am Haufn urgeila Saufnochtl und hob über 300 Stiegl gsoffn, oida. I bin a drainierta Pinzgaua Fohra und da besta a noch dazua. Du bist nix für mi ois a kloana gschissena Viutrottl, I gabat da so a Wotschn wirs di Wölt no net gsegn hog, host me? Du glabst du kummst jetz davon nochdemst dei pappn so deppat aufgrissn host? Do denkst noamol driaba noch, Oarschgfriss. Hiatza grod während du mit mir so deppat umanadaredst hul i schu meine Komarodn vom Blosmusiverein, und dei IP wird grod im moment zruckverfulgt, olso richt di schuamol her, wal wir richtln da di Wadln glei, du blede sau. Wemma daumit fertig san wast a nemma wo obn und untn is. Du bist am oasch. Klana. I kon iwaroll sei, ollawei, und i hau da auf iwa 700 ortn dei gfriss ei, und des netamol mit meiner Steyr AUG. I bin net nur da beste im Zöltfestsaufn, soudern i hob a an Zugriff auf des gaunze Arsenal vom Musiverein Leibnitz! Wenn Du gwusst häst wos dei klana "gscheita" Kommentar dir eibrockt, dann häst wahrscheinlich dei deppate Goschn gholtn. Aba du hosts ned tau, du host dei schiaches Gfriss aufmochn miasn, und jetzt zoist, du Saubua. I scheiss an grant üwa dir aus. Du bist komplett hi, Klana.

Ruhig an Beavis

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Not like it matters much now. Their leverage was best months ago, now it's just aimless flailing.

Schade Marmalade

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hopper posted:

Yup, as soon as the war is over or deemed acceptable because "what can you do" they will be huffing Putins fumes again.

I mean what is the alternative? Solarzellen and Windräder everywhere? Think of our beautiful nature! You wouldn't be able to enjoy our trademark Fichtenmonokulturen and artenarme Getreideanbauflächen in piece anymore. And Frau Meyer who lives only 1 km away from it, would go nuts from the noise of the Windrad when she opens her window to gaze upon the Autobahn next to her house.

Would be nice to have some AKW's, but alas, we have to keep strip mining ancient forests for the Braunkohle

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://youtu.be/wCm3ZZBae6I

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

One thing I have to ask is about the bathtub situation - is it normal to have a bathtub with a detachable shower head located very low, with a partial splatter shield on the side? I think I eventually figured out that you’re supposed to sit down and use the shower head when you need to rinse, but I’m still working on the finer logistics and could be completely wrong :confused:

It's for when take a dump in the bathtub you van inspect it for parasites before rinsing the turd

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Well I agree that we should get rid of daylight savings

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

But y'all do still have cigarette machines in random residential neighborhoods right?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm still waiting for someone to make strip mining simulator

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Bagger 288 hungers for ancient forest

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/coenni1/status/1570817952878063616

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wochenende saufen scheissarbeit

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bayern

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I am wearing a T-shirt and shorts inside, and I have a window open. The heating is off.

People need to toughen up a bit imo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Urk makes a lot of sense. A lot.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yea but do they have kapsalon is the real question

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

Heizungsupdate:

Nighttime temps around 0°C outside, never turned on a single radiator since spring and I wake up to 20.3°C in my schlafzimmer today. Looks like people above or below me are trying to bake a pizza in the room. It must be 30-40°C in there. And I'm paying something like half of their tropic room experiments💀 Can we all agree to a least stay below 30°C this winter, consider the circumstances and all that?

I'm in teh same situation only I'm NOT paying for their heating, so keep it coming neighbors!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

They need to send the tanks and marders. Tankie pampers are still far too empty in Germany.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The pamps must be filled.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've always been a bit surprised about Germany's internet infrastructure being like 10 years behind all the time. Especially in the cities.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

20mbit lmfao what is this, 2010? Still using DSL? Get your poo poo together Germany.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Basically internet should be nearly free and fast as gently caress, and if you start making excuses and rationalizing having a poo poo connection you have stockholm syndrome

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's kinda wild to that Germany only exists since 1990

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Chewbaccanator posted:

I’m saying it’s dumb to try to?

But if you’re looking for a hot take: killing civilians is bad, invading countries is bad, war is bad.

A moron, an absolute buffoon: "Wow these war crimes Russia committed in Bucha sure are terrible."

Me, an intellectual: "Acually, all war is bad."

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Guys I have irrefutable evidence of the perpetrator

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Willing to wager a dürüm döner on the Russians doing it.
Additionally, willing to wager a case of Club Mate on the US not doing it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Gee how convenient that of all the pipelines the one that didn't get blowed up was one of the NS2 strings and wouldn't you know it Gazprom is willing to deliver to Germany still how nice of them. Despite the dastardly Americans and their failed sabotage attempt.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Plenty of solar panels to be had but apparently the inverters are unobtainium

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

nawilo_420 posted:

don't tell me the tankies were wrong op :psyduck:

impossible, what about the cui bono argument and all the spicy soundbytes from American officials? Tankies.... wrong???

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's gonna get those antibody titers up again, giving you about 4 months of protection against infection before they wane again.

I'm not too keen on boosting two or three times a year either, I don't think it's necessary. Antibodies are only part of the story, memory B cells and T cells are incredibly important too, and those stick around for far longer and T cells especially are not impacted by variants (yet, anyway).

But I firmly believe that you should have the choice to take the vaccine every 4-6 months if you want to. This gatekeeping by the government is incredibly patronizing.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Torrannor posted:

I think it's reasonable to get a booster right about now, when cases are going up, and many outdoor activities become impractical. So a booster every autumn, and perhaps a second one early January if you feel like it.

Yeah, just make a combination fully updated flu + covid shot each year and give it to everyone late September early October.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Essentially it becomes something like the non-controversial Grippenimpfung, I guess.

I and my whole family had corona just one month ago, so I don't think we will get boostered. Not even allowed or recommended, right?

I believe the recommendation is to wait 3 months.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Yes, that's my thinking. Corona case numbers will rise every autumn/winter, so you should be able to protect yourself if you want to. Just like with the flu. Combining both vaccines would be really cool, though I don't know whether there are any complications if you take both at the same time. And I think the Grippeimpfung is already a combination of at least two vaccines?

It's absolutely fine to take them at the same time. Early on in 2020 people weren't sure about that yet hence they wanted 2 weeks in between out of caution, but we know now that it's absolutely fine to give covid and flu shots at the same time (slightly more side effects reported but very minor)
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu-season-2022-2023.htm

Think about it, when you go in for your childhood vaccinations or for travel vaccines they give you several at the same time too. Our bodies are constantly assaulted by all kinds of pathogens at the same time, our immune systems can deal with it no problem.

And you're right that flu vaccines are multivalent, they have up to 4 different strains in them I think?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What about the world famous Frankfurter sausage?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah I wouldn't eat those either, they come in jars where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ignore the food, this train is stopping for 10 minutes on every stop. Actually no idea where it’s going, or when I’ll reach downtown.

Just grab a döner imo